Looking for Hard of hearing/progressive hearing loss kids - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-17-2006, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for some families in the Seattle area to start some playgroups or something. We live in Edmonds, but are willing to do some driving to meet similar families.

Courtney wife to geek.gif and mom to 4 boys: chicken3.gif   . I need caffix.gif !
They're not typos. . . I can't spell!
#2 of 3 Old 05-19-2006, 01:01 AM
Lou

Hey!

I'd love to meet you, if you're interested. We're a signing family- my husband and I are profoundly Deaf, and my second babe is Deaf also. My almost 4yo is a fluent signer. Send me a PM if you'd like to get together. I probably can't commit to anything til the end of June, though. Family visiting, flying out of state, and so on. I have a friend in Edmonds who has a 3yo deaf daughter. Maybe we can all hang out sometime.
#3 of 3 Old 05-19-2006, 01:27 AM

I am the friend who lives in edmonds! I keep wondering if I have met you??

My daughter is 3. We sign ASL and some SEE here (as she is going to a SEE school) and has a CI but only for about 8 months - so she is also learning to talk and hearing at about 20dcbls with her implant. We do everything around here! wild!

We live about a mile & 1/2 up from town off of 104/edmonds way.

We would love to hang out. and now school is winding down too so we have days off! I've been thinking about you miss Lou, tomorrow would be a lovely day to visit you if you were home!

We also have an 8&1/2 month old baby boy! close to your babies in age.

Do you sign? Is your older boy the one with hearing loss? Are you looking for kids like him? does he go to school? mainstreamed? homeschool? I know a nice family in edmonds who have a 4 year old deaf son and a 6 year old hearing boy. Do you know the families in the deaf/hoh program at madrona. I know a bunch of them but since we don't go to that program, I don't know them super well.

I don't check back to this board often. I guess it will email me when you respond... my email address is kerwyn_vi @ yahoo.com if you want to just email me.

love to you!!
Jennifer

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page