Anyone in the west burbs of Chicago? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 06-06-2006, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any one out there in the near west burbs like La Grange, Brookfield, Riverside, Westshester, Villa Park, Lombard??? Havent run into any AP parents around here
#2 of 27 Old 06-07-2006, 10:14 AM

pmd ya!

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#3 of 27 Old 06-08-2006, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
We live in Franklin Park...may not be very close to you I have found no AP families around here. Sad...sad.....

Jessica, wife to Mark, homeschooling mama to Micah (2006), Noah (2009), Owen (2012) and another on the way this August (20014)
#4 of 27 Old 06-08-2006, 03:54 PM

I have a AP Moms group for the FAR West Suburbs (Oswego, Yorkville), but we are now starting another group for the West Suburbs (Wheaton, Downers Grove, Naperville, Lombard, Elmhurst areas) We have 9 members in these areas and are working on getting the group branched off to that area. So far we only have one playgroup lined up in Wheaton on June 27th , but are hoping this will take off. You can check out the group at: http://attachmentparenting.meetup.com/272/about/
#5 of 27 Old 06-08-2006, 04:20 PM

You have 9 members in Oswego or in the Wheaton/GE/Lombard area??

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#6 of 27 Old 06-09-2006, 01:07 PM

I live in Naperville and I am looking for like minded mamas, I would love to check out the group! Could you give me any details, your website didn't really give out info unless you were already a member. Tara
#7 of 27 Old 06-10-2006, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st
You have 9 members in Oswego or in the Wheaton/GE/Lombard area??
We have 33 members total, 9 in the Wheaton/GE/Lombard/Elmhurst areas. Other areas our members are in: St. Charles, Batavia, Naperville, Aurora, Yorkville, Plano and Oswego.

It's a great group of AP moms, we have a really active message board that keeps me somewhat sane!!!
#8 of 27 Old 06-10-2006, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taral
I live in Naperville and I am looking for like minded mamas, I would love to check out the group! Could you give me any details, your website didn't really give out info unless you were already a member. Tara
The Far West Suburbs Attachment Parenting Group is a group of moms and moms-to-be considering, learning, practicing, and advocating attachment parenting. We are an active group that has several events planned each month. This group was formed so that we could get together with like minded moms in our area (Aurora, Oswego, Montgomery, Yorkville) for SUPPORT, ENCOURAGEMENT & LEARNING from one another.

This group is open to AP moms, pregnant moms, and anyone else interested in learning more about this parenting style. Children of members are welcome at all group events (of course!)

To keep our group safe, it is open to new members by invitation only. Please take a moment to read over the Group Guidelines and the remainder of our about page before making your final decision about becoming a member. Once you have decided to join, please tell us about yourself and answer the profile questions.

Every member is a vital contribution to our family, we look forward to welcoming you in!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

Attachment Parenting Group All Member JUNE Meetup (Oswego)
Thursday, Jun 15, 1:00 PM

Fathers Day at Blackberry Farm (Aurora)
Saturday, Jun 17, 11:00 AM

Tuesday Morning Nature Walk & Picnic (Oswego)
Tuesday, Jun 20, 10:30 AM

Diaper Dolphins Day at the Pool (Montgomery)
Thursday, Jun 22, 11:45 AM

Family Concert: Ralph's World at the Morton Arboretum (Lisle)
Sunday, Jun 25, 3:00 PM

NEAR West AP Moms Playgroup (Wheaton)
Tuesday, Jun 27, 1:30 PM

Friday, Jun 30, 11:45 AM

BOOK CLUB- The Discipline Book, by Dr. Sears
Wednesday, Jul 5, 11:00 AM

Tuesday, Jul 11, 10:30 AM

Friday, Jul 14, 11:45 AM

Morton Arboretum Childrens Garden (Lisle)
Wednesday, Jul 19, 10:00 AM

Tuesday, Jul 25, 10:30 AM

Friday, Jul 28, 11:45 AM

Recent Topics discussed on the Message Board:
Fever & Teething
PCOS
How many kids do you want?
Oatmeal Sand Box
Carrier Picture Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you've BF while PG, a few ?s......
Favorite Websites
Separation anxiety!
HELP!!!!! Constipated baby!!
NEAR West AP Mama's!!!!!!
My little Non-napper
I am Mom, Mom I am (Dr. Seuss and BFing)
My back is killing me!
about book club
Chicken Pox vaccination?
Vaccinations??!?!?!?!?!---UPDATE!
Guess who has his first tooth!!!!!!!
RECIPES!!
Starting to breastfeed again?!=-/
thrush and 14 mo. old and natural remedies?
AP/Breastfeeding Friendly Providers
gDiapers....
Family Picnic
Where to find Cotton Gauze Material...
about that book that I love! My Child Won't Eat! by Carlos Gonzalez, MD
One of our "neighbors" makes the headlines about NIP
Her little toes!
Nekkid Baby Time!
AP friendly store
Feeling like a terrible mom *UPDATE*
BABYHAWK DOWN!!!!!

This is a great group of moms, you are welcome to join the group and se if you would like it!!!!
#9 of 27 Old 06-11-2006, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBTLuv
Any one out there in the near west burbs like La Grange, Brookfield, Riverside, Westshester, Villa Park, Lombard??? Havent run into any AP parents around here
Yup! I have a Yahoo group for DuPage area AP families (though some members are not in DuPage). We have 27 members so far and always welcome more!

We have a meet-up scheduled for this Monday and another one on June 20th.

PM me for info if you are interested!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#10 of 27 Old 06-15-2006, 01:02 AM

Hi ladies! I'm in Villa Park. I've only lived here for about a year and I'm finding a real need to meet like minded mommas!

I have two and a half year old daughter and I'm expecting a boy to arrive in September!
#11 of 27 Old 06-15-2006, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MereOnceMoore
Hi ladies! I'm in Villa Park. I've only lived here for about a year and I'm finding a real need to meet like minded mommas!

I have two and a half year old daughter and I'm expecting a boy to arrive in September!
Since you're expecting, come to the monthly meeting of LLL in Villa Park.

It meets the 3rd Thursday of the month. We meet at Elmhurst Hosp Community Center right on Ardmore at 9:30 am.

We also have a spin off playgroup that you would fit in perfectly!

#12 of 27 Old 06-15-2006, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MereOnceMoore

It was nice to meet you today at LLL! Our group isn't normally that big - it was fun/crazy, wasn't it?:
#13 of 27 Old 06-15-2006, 02:40 PM

I was wondering howong it would take you Em to find this: :

It was great to meet you today!

#14 of 27 Old 06-19-2006, 11:27 PM

that I am a part of with a bunch of AP/NFL moms in the Berwyn, OP/RF area. We don't have formal meetings or topics or anything, just hang out at the park and share our snacks, that sort of thing.

LMK if you are interested, I don't check these boards often, but I will try to check back
#15 of 27 Old 06-28-2006, 05:42 PM

We're in Wheaton and we AP!
#16 of 27 Old 07-01-2006, 10:49 AM

Hi, I just joined this Forum, But my name is Deanna and I have a DD Gretchen who is 8 months old and I live in Lyons, Just two blocks outside of Brookfield (where I grew up). I am a SAHM and in need of mothering friends. Hope to get to know all of you. We AP (co-sleep, breastfeed, I wear her when my back lets me, Never CIO, no-vax yet/maybe ever oh, and we EC kinda)

Done with diapers!!

#17 of 27 Old 07-01-2006, 04:51 PM

Hi, another new member here My name is Kara and I am also in Lombard. I think I just met some of you at VS in Oak Brook!
#18 of 27 Old 07-01-2006, 05:06 PM

Welcome Akafrogs! Gretchen is a cutie!

Welcome Babywolverine! I'm trying to connect an MDC name w/your face...

I was there w/ds2 in the black ergo, white hat, I had on the red shirt.
#19 of 27 Old 07-01-2006, 05:27 PM

I have read about the far west suburban group and it seems really great except for the paying part. Are there any other groups like that group that you dont have to pay for? I would really love to find some great friends for myself and my 2 kids.

- The Squished Hippie, Babywearing Yoda, Certified Doula, Student Midwife, Mom to 4 amazing kiddos

Babywearer in Northern IL or Southern WI?  Ask me about my group...we have a lending library!
#20 of 27 Old 07-01-2006, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babywolverine
Hi, another new member here My name is Kara and I am also in Lombard. I think I just met some of you at VS in Oak Brook!
pmd ya!

#21 of 27 Old 07-02-2006, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy1
I have read about the far west suburban group and it seems really great except for the paying part. Are there any other groups like that group that you dont have to pay for? I would really love to find some great friends for myself and my 2 kids.
It really is a great group The fee is very minimal, it just didn't seem fair for the mom who started the group to have to foot the bill for the website herself. We love having the message board to have each other for support all the time not just when we see each other in person! Hope you will reconsider.
#22 of 27 Old 07-02-2006, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy1
Yes! Where do you live? A few messages above this, mizelenus (I know I spelled her user name wrong-sorry!) mentioned another group, DuPageAP. It's a Yahoo Group, but we meet up for playgroups and informal outtings. Contact her for more info!

Rachel
#23 of 27 Old 07-02-2006, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljpmom
It really is a great group The fee is very minimal, it just didn't seem fair for the mom who started the group to have to foot the bill for the website herself. .
I can understand why you need a fee but keep in mind for some families it may seem minimal and others it could be the difference of being able to participate. After being active in groups w annual fees we had mamas who could not participate becuase of this so we came up w a waiver poilicy so they could get the friends and support they need. No one knew who didnt pay the fee etc. We also waivered the fee for anyone's who had a spouse on active duty or someone just paid for them to join.

#24 of 27 Old 07-02-2006, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguschick1
Welcome Babywolverine! I'm trying to connect an MDC name w/your face...

I was there w/ds2 in the black ergo, white hat, I had on the red shirt.
Emily-- I'm Elena-- she was sitting right next to me when we were talking about the LLL meetings . . .she had a cute little babe on her lap! (That doesn't help, does it . . .all the kids were adorable!)

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#25 of 27 Old 07-03-2006, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st
I can understand why you need a fee but keep in mind for some families it may seem minimal and others it could be the difference of being able to participate. After being active in groups w annual fees we had mamas who could not participate becuase of this so we came up w a waiver poilicy so they could get the friends and support they need. No one knew who didnt pay the fee etc. We also waivered the fee for anyone's who had a spouse on active duty or someone just paid for them to join.
If that situation came up I am sure we would do the same as well
#26 of 27 Old 07-03-2006, 08:40 AM

Ok girls- that really helps- the cute baby on the lap. You just described all my friends w babies incl both of you!!

I am planning on doing a playdate soon for my LLL friends in the Lombard group. Usually we get together on the 3rd Friday of the month or that following week so we can tell everyone at the meeting. Pm me if interested, we would love to meet you and we can have another nurse in at my house in my yard.

#27 of 27 Old 07-03-2006, 01:30 PM

Hi! I am doreen, mom to a 2.5 yo son Chuck and live in elmwood park. I work 4 days a week and am off on Wednesdays and weekends. When do you all meet? Where? I often bring Chuck to the park on Chicago Ave across from the FLW house.
let me know, I would LOVE to meet some like-minded moms and kids!

doreen

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page