Hello Winnipeg! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-07-2006, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there, I'm new here and want to connect with some folks from Winnipeg - especially those who may be able to help me find a midwife, since all of the "legal" midwives' practices in Winnipeg are full

We want a home, water birth, and we're deeply committed to a non-medicalized birth. Unfortunately everyone seems to think we're crazy, and the ones who think we aren't nuts can't help...anyone have any ideas?

Nicole
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-08-2006, 10:00 PM

Hi,
I'm sure you did already, but in case you didn't, make sure you do an intake even if they say they're full. They were full when I did, but called a month or two later said with an open spot, and I had a great experience with my midwives!
#3 of 5 Old 07-24-2006, 12:24 PM

they're always full, but that doesn't mean you can't get one. keep calling, maybe once every couple of weeks, and you'll probably get in. i found out i was preggo with jack when he was 5 months along and i still got a couple of amazing midwives (they generally work in pairs) but it took some persistence. so keep on truckin'!
josy
#4 of 5 Old 07-24-2006, 06:35 PM

I've been calling and everyone is full, but I've left my information. What did you do while you waited to hear from a midwife? My general practice doc is getting upset that I don't have anyone yet. She'll she me for basics a bit longer, but everytime I see her she bugs me about it!

Looks like Winnipeg could use more midwives!

+ (13 years together)= (9), (9), (2) and
#5 of 5 Old 08-03-2006, 05:29 PM

Keep on seeing an OB/GYN until the moment you walk into a midwife's office for your first appointment. You still will want to get care in the mean time. Get yourself on a waiting list and eventually something should open up. I saw my midwife for the first time around 16 - 17 weeks, I think. Good luck!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page