Mothering Forum banner

Where do you live in the Twin Cities area?

Twin Cities area mamas...

1K views 40 replies 30 participants last post by  mnpetnurse 
#1 ·
Hey there!

I'm south of the river (Burnsville for now)--are there any other Twin Cities area mamas out there???

#10 ·
Hi there,

I'm brand new to this blog and to blogging in general. I'm a NW suburban mom living in Crystal. I just switched from being a work-at-home to a work-at-work mom. I am the founder of a community center/cafe for parents and children called Family Village (in New Hope) so my job is, obviousely, very child friendly. I'm still having trouble adjusting to the lack of freedom I'm feeling and I miss my girls when they're not here (but I don't get much work done when they are). I'm wondering when I'm going to start feeling comfortable with all of this. Has anyone out there gone through the switch back to work lately?

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by villagegirl
Hi there,

I'm brand new to this blog and to blogging in general. I'm a NW suburban mom living in Crystal. I just switched from being a work-at-home to a work-at-work mom. I am the founder of a community center/cafe for parents and children called Family Village (in New Hope) so my job is, obviousely, very child friendly. I'm still having trouble adjusting to the lack of freedom I'm feeling and I miss my girls when they're not here (but I don't get much work done when they are). I'm wondering when I'm going to start feeling comfortable with all of this. Has anyone out there gone through the switch back to work lately?
Hi!

I'm actually going to your center tomorrow to drop in on the Sign Time class with a friend who takes her nanny-charge there--how funny that I should read your post today! Drop me a PM if you want to say hello--not that I'll be hard to miss with two little, little ones in tow, LOL! Welcome to Mothering!
You might want to check out the Working Mamas forum for more input on your situation. I visited it a lot before I had DD1 and (rather suddenly) decided to become a SAHM.

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jo15
I live in the city proper, and I'm currently looking around for a midwife that would be interested in a homebirth.
Here is a list of homebirth midwives in the area. Jeanne Bazille was my midwife for my son's birth (my daughter was born at St. Joe's) and I loved her. I would absolutely invite her if we were to have another child.

Good luck!

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jo15
I live in the city proper, and I'm currently looking around for a midwife that would be interested in a homebirth.
I used to work at Powderhorn (1st/ 2nd grade teacher)! Too bad they closed the school.
: It was really starting to do some great things!

Ya Know, I wish I had this list of midwifes when I was pregnant.

#22 ·
Jessikate, thank you so much for that list! I've been looking online for days for something like that.

imkirche, nice to hear from someone who has been in the neighborhood. I feel like it's going to take me forever to understand all the crazy icons and acronyms I'm seeing here. What does no circle mean?

#25 ·
I'm from Roseville; actually Lauderdale, which is the smallest Twin City suburb in MN! No one's heard of it... it's just off of hwy 280 which is the shortest hwy in MN!

Anyone know where I can buy cloth dipes nearby?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.