PDX area toy swap? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-22-2006, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey y'all... this is a rough idea in the makings. I am thinking... kids love new things to play with, right? And we all know those neat toys that WE would have loved to play with, but they just are no longer of interest to our children.

How about we post up things that we would like to swap/barter/trade? For instance, if you have a toy to swap, post up a picture and what you would like to swap for, or ask for someone to make an offer, or if you have something that you are looking for - post it up! The rule is something for something... I think that kids and parents could make some real-life connections and friends this way, too... So as not to get flooded or spam-ish, just keep it on this thread... edit post to say *GONE* or *TAKEN* when it is... Good idea? Problematic? What are your throughts?

First off... we have a nice thick plastic tricycle with the handle bar on back - it can also be turned into a rocking horse-style toy with one simple adjustment. My son got a new shiny metal kids bike and his little legs are now long enough to use it, so the other one (used only a few times) is lonely for a kid. This is just fine for a boy or girl - not gender themed.

Willing to trade for just about anything neat for a 3 year old.. Blocks? Art supplies? Water toys? What do you have that is not being used?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2006, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Also, I have NEW and IN THE BOX (never used even once) Evenflo Trooper backpack

Product info here:
http://www.epinions.com/Evenflo_Troo..._Child_Carrier

Would like to trade for something... Or give it to someone (low income?) in need that could not otherwise get one.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:01 PM

This is an awesome idea, but I think it might be easier to plan a get together and have people bring stuff. That way you could make a clothes swap too! I have gotten some awesome stuff for Orion that way. Or guess we could do both. Do the online thing in the meantime and then see if there is any interest in a "live" event.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

OoooOOOOoooh! Clothes! I wonder why I didn't even think of that! :P I like your idea... Make a day each month in a park or something... Zion would love the play time with other kids, and I am sure other moms and dads would have fun. Maybe get it going both online and 'in real life'?

Old 07-23-2006, 12:04 AM

Totally in for this sort of thing! Can we include dipes too????
Lily actually has that bike thing you are talking about! Only ours was missing a piece that makes that wheels stay on (and we didn't figure it out until the box, etc were long gone). She is so nerdy trying to ride it without the back wheels
I really like the idea of a park meeting once a month. Sounds very multi-purpose, which is the name of the game now.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

I would also trade childcare for just about anything... we LOVE having kids come over to play...

User Tag List