Green Mountain State: Here we come!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-26-2006, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well DH and I have decided to not let a job be a factor in whether or not we move to Vermont. DH and given his notice at work and we'll be moving as soon as we sell our house! I'm so excited!!! We plan on moving to the Burlington Area like I've said before and hopefully we'll be there to experience a little bit of the fall colors (maybe while looking for a a house to rent or something ). Anyways, I need references! At this time DH and I are TTC#1 and we plan on homebirthing/waterbirthing. I wanted to know if you guys knew the area midwives, who is great and all. I'll be contacting them as soon as we get pregnant since we'll be moving up there. I have looked up Vermont Midwives Alliance, but I figured that some of you guys may know more about the actual personalities of the midwives. Any and all responses would be greatly appreciated!

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2006, 04:54 PM

congrats on a move to VT! we love it here!

i don't live near burlington, so i can't really give you much info on midwives up there...but burlington is a really neat city.

good luck with ttc#1 and the move...

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 08-26-2006, 05:11 PM

That is so great that you are moving here. Burlington is really great.
I had a baby in July and i did not have a home birth. I had a hospital birth, but i can tell you that there services are amazing. I had a midwife. There are six at the hospital and they are very very good. They also have a wonderful birthing center and a HUGE waterbirth tub. I used it for my birth. I had a wonderful birthing experience at the fletcher allen hospital. If you are interested in a homebirth i always hear of women in the area birthing at home. I know that there are many midwives that do that here.
Burlington is a very very liberal place. I think you will really enjoy it here. Let me know if you need some friends once you get here! Also, let me know if you have anymore questions.

Joyful mama of 3.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your help. I will get in contact with you guys when I move up. First we need to sell our house and then we'll be coming up to get a home to rent. We're still finishing our gardening for curb appeal. It is a bit daunting, but I'm enjoying every minute of doing the work since it puts us closer to living where we want.

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

Old 08-29-2006, 03:29 PM

Can't wait to have you in the area. I live in Burlington. Ask away - any questions you have. You might also want to check out my website for some local resources.

www.sproutingbean.com

Mama of 2 and Younique Independent Presenter
Naturally based skin care and makeup www.beboldbeauty.com
Old 09-01-2006, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you Rockergirrl!

We will definitely let everyone know when we're on our way up. This is very exciting, but first thing is that we need to sell our house. We're even undercutting our neighbors to just get it over with so we can be in Vermont hopefully to see the colors next month! I certainly hope that we make it before then. As for right now we're doing the BD in hopes to conceive. We want to birth in Vermont definitely because we don't trust the system here in NoVA. They just made CPMs and CMs legal in VA last July so it will be impossible to get a backup for them. That's what sucks. We don't plan on getting one in Vermont either, but at least I know that there will be some backup. Thanks for all the encouragement and we're going to hang out when we arrive.

User Tag List