Any Mommas going to Burning Man?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2003, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We have lots of friends who go to Burning Man and this year we are thinking of joining them and bringing DS, who will be 3. I was wondering if anyone around here has gone or had thought of going and what your thoughts were.

Thanks!!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2003, 12:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have heard friends rave about this and have always wanted to go!! I actually almost went a few years ago but it fell through. I haven't even thought about since dd was born, buy hey, why not? Do you know where and when it is this year??

Sherllyn
Old 04-07-2003, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter

Sherllyn, It's going to be in the Black Rock Desert in Northern Nevada. Here's the website http://www.burningman.com I understand there's a Kid's Camp, though we'll probably bring an RV and stay with friends in one of the central camps. We're treating it like a family camping trip

Robin~

Old 04-23-2003, 07:28 PM

I have friends who have gone. But you couldn't pay me to go. Too hot, too many people, too extreme for me.
Old 08-23-2003, 06:47 AM

i have been 3 times spread out over 8 years. definitely check out the family camp (kid's camp). it looks like a great camp. i have a toddler and if it was still my thing i would probably bring her. if i did i would be sure to stop by kid's camp daily. you just really need to keep your wits about you even though it is supposed to be such a tight knit community/city.

the only reason why i don't go anymore is because i am prefer the smaller, intimate BM (1,500-3,000 peeps) now there are way too many people (20,000+) doing things they don't normally do, which always freaks me out. know what i mean?

bottom line: BM is sure to deliver a very unique, artisitic and memorable time!

enjoy~
p3
Old 08-23-2003, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

peaceful3, thanx for replying. We're heading up there on Sunday. Got a 30' RV and way too much stuff Our camp is about a block down the street from Kidsville, so we'll be spending lots of time there. We are camping with a pretty close-knit community, many of whom have been going for years, so hopefully that will give us some respite from the insanity of so many of the other freaks. We are very close to Center Camp and I don't plan on venturing too far, especially not with Ben.

I do think it will be quite an experience

Old 08-24-2003, 06:54 PM

right on! hope it was great!

p3 ''
Old 08-25-2003, 12:56 AM

My good friend directed "the opera" there a few years ago and it sounds like such an interesting and cool experience. Oh, and I was at a festival in the Netherlands this summer (Oerol) and lived with several of the guys who built and later burned the "fools' ark" there last year. I know on the BM website they have advice for people who are bringing kids; you might want to check that out (http://www.burningman.com/preparatio...ids_at_bm.html). Have a great time, and let us know how it went!
Old 08-25-2003, 05:54 AM

dh went to the grocery store in our little town of colfax today and came back saying there was a big huge brass fountain there in the parking lot that was destined for burning man. i guess they were looking for someone with a trailer to haul it up there. we'd love to go, but for $225. a ticket $300. at the door if available- i think well be opting out this year. sounds like fun though and i love to see the pics. have fun!

User Tag List