Mothering Forum banner

:) Gymboree Addicts Support Group

67K views 1K replies 136 participants last post by  tonimk19 
#1 ·
So I finally got up enough nerve to start the Gymboree Addicts tribe (hopefuuly I wont be the only member)... this is for anyone who loves gymboree clothing... whether you buy alot of the clothing or just like to browse...

Maybe we can share what we like and what we dont, what are fav. lines are etc.

I was also hoping we could let each other know when sales were going on, you know the red hot dot sale, etc. I also know there are codes for 20-30% off that GYMBO sometimes send to people either through e-mail or postal (I know some people try to sell the codes on ebay but I figured we could share with one another just because we are all nice that way....

Right now I have the circle of friends 30% of coupon that is good until tommorow, Sunday the 17th, so if anyone is interested in some last minute gymbo shopping PM and I will forward you the coupon to print and take with you to the store... or if you are going to order online I will PM you back the code number.

I know some people think gymboree is expensive but I have NEVER payed full price for anything, between all the coupons I get and GYMBUCKS... speaking of gymbucks, just in case you all dont know, earning gymbucks in going on right now until Oct. 1st!

rmzbm... I'm counting on you to atleast be one of my other tribe members... so I wont get to lonely over here in Gymboland!

See less See more
#903 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjs View Post
Ok- what's the deal with the back room? Last red dot sale they brought out really old pieces (but they were hugely discounted) from the back room. Yesterday while I was in the store they were putting stuff in the back room and said they'd bring it out for red hot dot in january. Is there a secret password to know how to get in on the backroom? Anyone in the know? Mely?
Basically backrooms have a slew of merch from previous lines dirt cheap only to be brought out for red hot dot type sales etc
I am a former employee and luckily am still "tight" with my old store managers so I am allowed to rummage through the back room

It's especially a great advantage during sales where you can take an extra 20% off sale prices

Just try to get befriend an employee at your store and ask them to check for any super cheap stuff in your kiddos sizes, I used to do it for nice customers

#906 ·
If you are a regular ...and a good customer...the SA's and Managers will go to the back and get stuff for you. I hate to say but I spent hundreds of dollars on clothes this past month.
:
:
:

I just went to two stores today to do holds for GBR. I'm not loving the new glamour kitty line. I got alot of old lines which is even better for the price!

#911 ·
Just used my Gymbucks today. I was especially excited to get ds a green coat & some cute overalls. I'd have to say ds seemed to like the coat too. When I tried it on him he wanted to run around the store, hood up and all.

swirly: what do you mean "is gymbo rebel down?" - please elaborate.

#912 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BakingMama View Post

swirly: what do you mean "is gymbo rebel down?" - please elaborate.

It's a forum for gymbo and janie&jack (and other clothes) junkies, and I have fun visiting there and seeing what people are buying. since it is a forum, I amnto sure I am supposed to ask if it is down, but my link won't work anymore today and I am sad!

I can't decide what to with my gymbucks. I want a holiday dress, but not much else.

#917 ·
that is soo unfair....they didn't have squat for teenie weenie puppies in my local gymboree, and online wasn't much better

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godaime View Post
wooo hooo I got ten pieces of the Teenie Weenie Puppies line for 50 bucks, including sweater, pants, sweatshirt, sweat pants, onesie, teeshirt, bib, two pairs of socks, and a blanket. That was the best deal ever!

#918 ·
to be fair....all things from the Does your garden grow line were gone...from 3 different gymborees around my area. Good thing I ordered some of it during the fall sale, but I missed out on the Bunny/tomato kimono onesie because I wanted to wait until it was under 5 bucks. Thank god I got the bunny ears though!

#923 ·
New to this thread and to gymbo addiction. I've bought a few pieces in the past on Ebay but I just went crazy this week, buying outfits for the baby girl I am expecting in three weeks and her older sister, now 2.5 y/o. Lots of matching sister outfits and complete layette sets with the co-ordinating blankets, etc.

I am wondering what everyone's expeciences were with newborn sizing? I ordered a lot of stuff in 0 - 3 months, but now I am wondering if that was a mistake. DD1 was 8lb 7oz. If DD2 is similar, how long do you think she'll fit gymboree's 0 - 3 month stuff?

Also, what do you ladies think of the newborn Holiday Friends line? Anyone have pics of them on their DDs? I have to order everything online, because I am nowhere near a store. So hard to tell what clothes look like until you see them IRL or being worn in a picture!

Thanks!

- Krysta

#924 ·
I think she would fit in 0-3 but for a very short time. Just get a few things in 0-3. I really like the Holiday Friends line (IRL). Not all the pieces....but I love the sweater top and pants set. Sorry don't have any pictures...waiting for the stuff to go on sale. I love how gymboree has all the matching accessories. I used to think its silly but now I have to have the matching bibs/socks/ and blankets!!!!

#925 ·
so when i was a nanny eons ago the mom i worked with was a gymbonut. honestly back then i didn't think it was anything special- i much preferred the baby gap. i don't know if their lines got better or it's that i now have 2 boys (probably some combination of the two) but i love their stuff now. i like to go in when i've gotten my 20% mailer and the store is having the add'l 20% off sale and offering gymbucks and see just how much i can get for so cheap. i often buy for the next year since most is out of season by then. and now i must brag over my recent "kill" (that's part of what this forum is for, right?
)
i went in a couple of sundays ago with the mailer and the sale combo and picked up a bunch of items from the mr. fix it and a camping line for the boys. in all what would have cost me well over $350, i only spent about $100 and i earned $50 gymbucks. the next sunday i was back, the moose line was on sale and i spent $50 (after gymbuck redemption) on what would have been well over $175. why is that always so darned satisfying?
:
so glad i'm not the only one (clearly, 47 pages in a year!)

#926 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by KCMommy View Post
New to this thread and to gymbo addiction. I've bought a few pieces in the past on Ebay but I just went crazy this week, buying outfits for the baby girl I am expecting in three weeks and her older sister, now 2.5 y/o. Lots of matching sister outfits and complete layette sets with the co-ordinating blankets, etc.

I am wondering what everyone's expeciences were with newborn sizing? I ordered a lot of stuff in 0 - 3 months, but now I am wondering if that was a mistake. DD1 was 8lb 7oz. If DD2 is similar, how long do you think she'll fit gymboree's 0 - 3 month stuff?

Also, what do you ladies think of the newborn Holiday Friends line? Anyone have pics of them on their DDs? I have to order everything online, because I am nowhere near a store. So hard to tell what clothes look like until you see them IRL or being worn in a picture!

Thanks!

- Krysta
I think gymbo runs very true to size. While ds can wear a 3or 3t in gymbo, he needs a 4 or even 5 in generic brands.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.