Mothering Forum banner

:) Gymboree Addicts Support Group

67K views 1K replies 136 participants last post by  tonimk19 
#1 ·
So I finally got up enough nerve to start the Gymboree Addicts tribe (hopefuuly I wont be the only member)... this is for anyone who loves gymboree clothing... whether you buy alot of the clothing or just like to browse...

Maybe we can share what we like and what we dont, what are fav. lines are etc.

I was also hoping we could let each other know when sales were going on, you know the red hot dot sale, etc. I also know there are codes for 20-30% off that GYMBO sometimes send to people either through e-mail or postal (I know some people try to sell the codes on ebay but I figured we could share with one another just because we are all nice that way....

Right now I have the circle of friends 30% of coupon that is good until tommorow, Sunday the 17th, so if anyone is interested in some last minute gymbo shopping PM and I will forward you the coupon to print and take with you to the store... or if you are going to order online I will PM you back the code number.

I know some people think gymboree is expensive but I have NEVER payed full price for anything, between all the coupons I get and GYMBUCKS... speaking of gymbucks, just in case you all dont know, earning gymbucks in going on right now until Oct. 1st!

rmzbm... I'm counting on you to atleast be one of my other tribe members... so I wont get to lonely over here in Gymboland!

See less See more
#3 ·
HOORAY!

Thanks kriskriskris...can I call you kris?
:

I eat/sleep/breathe Gymboo! (Yeah, it's that bad!)

I go to the mall JUST to "Gymbo" (yeah, that's what I call it!)
I eBay just to Gymbo!
I joined yahoo groups to Gymbo!
I search classifieds & yard sales for Gymbo!
I buy by the line sometimes!

And I DON'T need help or want to change!

Prices be damned, I don't care, it's the best/cutest...and like some people with Pokemon...I gott'a catch it all!

OK, I'm a dork.

Got Gymbo? I do!

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmzbm
HOORAY!

OK, I'm a dork.

Got Gymbo? I do!

If your a dork then I must be too because I love gymboree and have to try really hard not to buy everything gymboree so there is some variety in my girls closet... I dont know how many times my husband has told me "you know there are other stores besides gymboree!!!" ... there is...

So atleast we know there are 2 of us who eat/breathe/sleep gymboree!

Also are you into the M2m hairbows? Since my daughter has had enough hair to do pigtails I have started buying the M2M hairbows on ebay...so cute... before she had hair we did the matching hats...love all the accessories that also come with the lines!

OK enough rambling for now... so how did you like the gymbohaven sight?

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kriskriskris
If your a dork then I must be too because I love gymboree and have to try really hard not to buy everything gymboree so there is some variety in my girls closet... I dont know how many times my husband has told me "you know there are other stores besides gymboree!!!" ... there is...

So atleast we know there are 2 of us who eat/breathe/sleep gymboree!

Also are you into the M2m hairbows? Since my daughter has had enough hair to do pigtails I have started buying the M2M hairbows on ebay...so cute... before she had hair we did the matching hats...love all the accessories that also come with the lines!

OK enough rambling for now... so how did you like the gymbohaven sight?
Well, you're different than me...I don't even pretend to like other stuff!
: LOL!
I love the bows...my faves are the curly Loops - we have tons! Thay are precious!
I like the part of GymboHaven that shows the lines...the older lines were SO fugly!

#6 ·
ahhh I'm home all I need now is a Kitchen Aid support tribe and MDC will be a pretty ok place.

I'm expecting my first girl, it's soo amazing after a boy (who's a real weed and has long out grown the cute clothing stage) to find Gymbo, even dh is an addict.
rmzbm you know I went to the mall today just for gymboree

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kajira
rmzbm you know I went to the mall today just for gymboree

I just moved to SE GA, and NO GYMBO at the local mall! So I go to Jax, FL for it!
:

My DH likes it, too!

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by curlyfry
There's a trading post here...lots of things for sale...I was just saying that mamas with Gymboree clothes FS are going to start posting(spam) in this thread.
Thanks for explaining... For the life of me I could not figure out what FS meant

#13 ·
Ill join, I'll join!
I am most definitely gymbo obsessed. I buy it online, I buy it on ebay, I buy it in the stores. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE gymboree. and I to, don't bother to pretend to like anything else. my obsession started about a year ago and now that dd2 is fitting in dd1's clothes, I just DONT LIKE EM bc they aren't gymbo. so I might have to buy her new ones
:

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
HOORAY!

I go to the mall JUST to "Gymbo" (yeah, that's what I call it!)

Uh, doesn't everyone???

Yep, I belong here too. I went this weekend with my Gymboree-addict friend and our matching 30% off coupons and I bought (don't know the official names of the lines although my friend does):

-Top, skirt, hat, and cardigan in the red flowers on pink vintage-looking line (cardigan is red with a sculpted flower and skirt has several layers with pink, red, and white, and the top and hat are pink)

-Cream-colored top with cherries, cherry jean skirt, and cherry booties

-Pink skirt with cherries (matching top was sold out in dd's size)

-Red with pink polka dot short dress and matching ruffle-butt (my term) bloomers (cherry on top side of dress), pink and red cherry hat (to go with these outfits and two other red/pink cherry outfits we have at home)--I think I have the whole line now!!!

All for $116!!!!!

The whole way home in the car my friend was like, "I can't wait to get home and lay all this stuff out and really look at it." Our husbands were at home with our older kids waiting for us (I had my baby with me and my friend is still pg w/ her 2nd) and they were not at all excited about everything we had bought. Now my husband doesn't like this woman because he said she supports my habit

She would love this thread, BTW!

Oh, and I don't neglect my ds, I just don't like the Gymboree boys' clothes. I get his stuff at Old Navy or Gap.

#16 ·
Oh, does anyone else have a Gymbo outlet near them? We have one about 45min away and it's great! Last year's lines, but then again, dd is already ending up with last year's line because I always buy on sale at the end of the season.

Can't wait till 10/5-10/15 to use my Gymbucks!

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DQMama View Post
Uh, doesn't everyone???

Yep, I belong here too. I went this weekend with my Gymboree-addict friend and our matching 30% off coupons and I bought (don't know the official names of the lines although my friend does):

-Top, skirt, hat, and cardigan in the red flowers on pink vintage-looking line (cardigan is red with a sculpted flower and skirt has several layers with pink, red, and white, and the top and hat are pink)

-Cream-colored top with cherries, cherry jean skirt, and cherry booties

-Pink skirt with cherries (matching top was sold out in dd's size)

-Red with pink polka dot short dress and matching ruffle-butt (my term) bloomers (cherry on top side of dress), pink and red cherry hat (to go with these outfits and two other red/pink cherry outfits we have at home)--I think I have the whole line now!!!

All for $116!!!!!

The whole way home in the car my friend was like, "I can't wait to get home and lay all this stuff out and really look at it." Our husbands were at home with our older kids waiting for us (I had my baby with me and my friend is still pg w/ her 2nd) and they were not at all excited about everything we had bought. Now my husband doesn't like this woman because he said she supports my habit

She would love this thread, BTW!

Oh, and I don't neglect my ds, I just don't like the Gymboree boys' clothes. I get his stuff at Old Navy or Gap.
WELCOME DQMAMA
Sounds like you will fit in perfect with the rest of us Gymbo Addicts!!! By the outfits you described it sounds like you bought alot of the cherry pie line, I Love that line, I bought DD2 all the dresses from the line, because they were all so cute!!!!!!!

#20 ·
Just curious what you all think of Gymbos fall lines, like last years rocky mountain and what ever else came out about that time,and this years primrose, pretty in plum etc???

Personally I dont really like the fall lines they put out (at least since I have been buying) the last line I really liked was Cherry Pie and as I mentioned in my earlier post I bought all the dresses for DD1, and a couple of outfits for DD2. Last Year I didnt like the falls lines but I LOVED the winter Prima Ballerina and Best Freinds, I bought everything from the prima ballerina line!!!! I especailly loved the tulle skirt, and the tennis shoes with the ruffle.

Anyway I was just curious what you ladies think about the lines and what some of your faves are!?!?!?!?!?

#21 ·
Just curious what you all think of Gymbos fall lines, like last years rocky mountain and what ever else came out about that time,and this years primrose, pretty in plum etc???

Personally I dont really like the fall lines they put out (at least since I have been buying) the last line I really liked was Cherry Pie and as I mentioned in my earlier post I bought all the dresses for DD1, and a couple of outfits for DD2. Last Year I didnt like the falls lines but I LOVED the winter Prima Ballerina and Best Freinds, I bought everything from the prima ballerina line!!!! I especailly loved the tulle skirt, and the tennis shoes with the ruffle.

Anyway I was just curious what you ladies think about the lines and what some of your faves are!?!?!?!?!?

#23 ·
I love gymbo but I've never boght anything except a pair of flamingo bike shorts that were in the clearance bin for 3.50

I just can't bring myself to pay that much, and dh and I are trying not to buy any new clothes that aren't organic

I love the stuff with the mushrooms on it that came out for fall. Way cute!

#24 ·
That with the mushrooms, was called the Hide and Seek line that came out in August of 2004.
I didn't have to look it up, because I am such a gymbo nerd.

I also really really like Hide N Seek, I really like My Best Friend (almost won a lot on ebay, but her reserve was insanely high), Cherry Pie is really cute, I LOVE Fiesta del Sol, the colours were great and I bought pretty much all of Tutti Fruity. today my snowpants, coat, hat and mittens all arrived from Hide N seek and I LOVE IT and its SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!
I do like Prima ballerina, though I don't have all of it. Have some of Winter princess stuff as well.
when I bid, I go and figure out exactly how much everything cost at full retail and I am willing to pay 25% of that price if its EUC, 50% if its NWT. I have picked up some really good deals at the store though at end of season that I am going to sell soon.
its good to know that there are people even more addicted than myself

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.