Mothering Forum banner

Bulk (50lb+) baking soda in PDX? FOUND -- see post 10

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  mamajessica 
#1 ·
I've heard that you can buy baking soda in huge quantities, but I have no idea where to find it locally. Any ideas?

See less See more
#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
bob's red mill store off hwy 224 in milwaukie maybe??? www.bobsredmill.com
Thanks. I'll check today when get back home; I'd thought of them briefly, but didn't follow up because their packaged baking soda is so expensive, I assumed the bulk discount would be much... never smart to just assume.
[Total aside -- I met Bob the last time I went, he looked exactly like he does in the pictures, though that could just have been a put-on for the busload of Japanese tourists he was there to wave to.]

I know you can buy it in 50 lb buckets, and can find these on the Internet -- typically for just over $32/50lb. However, shipping drastically raises the price.

#5 ·
The title of this post made me laugh out loud.
It reminded me of Anne of green gables when matthew goes and buys 50 lbs of brown sugar before he could get up the courage to buy anne the dress with the puffed sleeves.

#10 ·
Linnton Feed and Seed
10920 NW St. Helens Rd.
Portland
503-286-1291

They sell 50lb bags of sodium bicarbonate for $10.29. I'll just need to score another bucket to store it in (my basement as been taken over by buckets of grains and the like already).

Now, it's not something I'd cook with (who would need 50lbs anyway?
) but it's fine for cleaning, which I what I wanted it for anyway.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.