any NZ west coast mamas out there??? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 10-24-2006, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi everyone

i've already posted on the other NZ thread that's been started, but i wanted to post this one just to make sure there weren't any west coast mamas out there! well, more like soon-to-be mamas.

i'm moving to ahaura in two weeks & am due in april. we live way out there & most of my partner's friends are in christchurch, so we'd love to meet more like minded folks closer to us.

~hope to hear from you~

love & light,
*erin*

mama to 2 busy boys (may 2007 & december 2008)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-15-2007, 11:32 PM

Hi Erin

We're in Wellington at the moment but SERIOUSLY thinking about the west coast.. hingeing on dh finding work out there. What's it like for you?

I'm Erin too!
#3 of 6 Old 07-30-2007, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

hiya

finally a response to my post! as you can tell, the west coast doesn't pop up on the mothering.com radar, but i am finding like-minded mamas around bit by bit. we have an active birth group that meets monthly in either hokitika, greymouth, or kumara junction. turnout lately has been great!

i love the west coast...we live in ahaura, which is about an hour NE of greymouth. it takes some searching to find other greenies around due to the large hunting/farmer population, but we are here! just scattered about. my partner & i are trying to stir some activities up to get ppl more connected.

so, people wise it takes time, but it's so beautiful! i got my fill of city-living while i was in the states, & now much prefer mountains & trees & birds.

do you have a town in mind? finding work can be tricky, depending on what you're looking for. good luck in your search! definitely let me know if you make the move

*erin*

#4 of 6 Old 07-30-2007, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

...plus we both have 13 posts!

#5 of 6 Old 07-30-2007, 12:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am a kiwi girl, currently living in the USA. My parents live in waiouru right now, but the majority of my family live in christchurch and timaru.

We plan to move back home eventually, is there a pretty good amount of crunchy groups to be found, or is it very rare? Just trying to get a feel for things, even though regardless of crunchy groups or not, we will probably move back anyway
#6 of 6 Old 08-05-2007, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

there are lots of crunchy types here, but like i mentioned before, it just takes a bit of searching sometimes. in cities it's easy cause you just get involved with groups or co-ops or whatnot, but out in rural areas the greenies are mixed in with the farmers & hunters & all of that, so you just have to look around. here on the west coast, for example, i have the feeling there are lots of us, but the area is so spread out that gathering people together can be tricky. it must be said, though, that my partner & i live an hour away from the closest town, 1/2 of that being 30kms of an unpaved road- so we live pretty far out!

there seems to be lots on the top the south island- the nelson/golden bay/motueka area...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page