Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-14-2006, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnobirthingmama View Post
I'm very concerned about convincing my DH to go along with this, especially in terms of why we should pay out of pocket for something that our insurance covers if we go to a birth center. It makes sense to me but to him not so much. Any advice?
:

My dh was the same way until about, oh, 4 seconds after our homebirth -- after 2 hospital births....now he is Mr outspoken homebirth advocate, but it was fight for me during the entire pregnancy.

I wish there was some sort of time machine

Good luck -- you won't regret the decision to birth at home:
#3 of 8 Old 11-14-2006, 09:18 PM

www.massmidwives.org

If you can set up a couple of meetings with your husband and some midwives I bet this will help a lot. THis makes it less abstract, when you meet the person and hear what they have to say about your concerns.

Good luck and congrats!!! Paige
#4 of 8 Old 11-14-2006, 09:50 PM

I know two great midwives in the metrowest area, but I used to live in Cambridge when I first got pregnant, and so my midwife travelled out to Framingham after we moved. Her name is Ann Kilroy. She lives in Stoneham which is just up 93 north of Boston. She's been my midwife for all 3 of my homebirths and I really love her!

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#5 of 8 Old 11-17-2006, 10:29 AM

My DH and I read Baby Catcher together after I read it and starting considering a HB instead of a birth center. It is a great book that really paints a realistic picture about all of the different scenarios of home birth.

But it convinced DH that it was the right choice for me, too, and it also helped address any concerns so that they could be identified early on to speak with the midwives we interviewed.

I loved my HB MW, Sue Smith in Uxbridge.

Congrats!

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
#6 of 8 Old 11-17-2006, 07:25 PM

hi jamie,
we had a wonderful homebirth with our daughter in portland, or and have since moved to boston. we lost a pregnancy at 12 weeks last winter, but had interviewed a few homebirth midwives before that point. we are now 8 weeks pregnant (yipeeee! i think i've seen your name in july 07 ddc?) and will be using audra karp. she reminds me most of our beloved midwife back home and just seemed the right fit (plus, i like the idea of the neighborhood midfwife). all that we interviewed were fabulous though.

http://www.birthdaymidwifery.com/
http://www.northeastmidwifery.com/
and Deborah Allen Eastman who is listed on:
http://www.massmidwives.org/ourmembers.htm

there are others who people i've met have recommened but i don't have their information. good luck!
#7 of 8 Old 11-19-2006, 12:17 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am a home midwife in MA and I agree with all of these recommendations. Audra, Nancy, Sue, Deborah, all are great. I am probably too far for most Bostonians to drive for care, but I wanted to mention that I do quarterly homebirth seminars for people who want to learn about it and get information. I address the most common concerns about out of hospital births and I offer resources. If anyone has interest, the next session is in January, plus I'm willing to do them privately also.

Best wishes for wonderfully relaxing births!

Kelley

Kelley Faulkner
Midwife and Baby Advocate
#8 of 8 Old 11-19-2006, 01:44 PM

Kelley,
I just emailed you last night through your website. What areas would you cover, for example... do you cover Plymouth?

Jessica

Edited to add that I just notice the email in my box-- I'm getting swamped with nurse in emails right now and missed it this morning. Yes, Kelley does the Plymouth area for any other lurkers.

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page