Mothering Forum banner

Are there any Little Rock moms around here?

12K views 391 replies 61 participants last post by  Khourtniey 
#1 ·
Hi, I live in LR, and it seems like there aren't too many AR moms posting around here. I'm not a mom yet, but I'm TTC and I could use all the help I can get with resources and such. I'm looking for a birth center, but I don't think we have one here? I have found a listing for a few MW's but I am hesitant to call them yet as I'm not even pg. I don't want to sound crazy KWIM?

#127 ·
mamasboys4me....take I630 to Fair Park (it is the exit for the zoo). Go North on Fair Park. You will see the park almost immediately. It is on your right. There is only one turn in from Fair Park and the playground will be on your right....it is pretty hard to miss. If you think you may get lost, let me know and I will give you my cell phone number via pvt message...that goes for anyone.

As for how to id me...hmmmm...I am preggos, though just look fat...but I will wear preggo clothes to make it more obvious. I have a 7 year old boy. We both have light brown hair. I will prolly be in cropped jeans. Who knows what my son, Matt, will want to wear that day...I am still hoping I can convince him to come!!!

Yes, PLEASE bring a cloth diaper or 2 and maybe some covers...I need education!!! I am rather nervous and overwhelmed about cd'g, but am committed to doing it.

This is going to be FUN!!!! I agree that we will have to make it a regular event!

Anne

#129 ·
Hi everyone. I'm coming back into the conversation late...sorry. Also, I haven't really introduced myself yet, I don't think. I'm Stephanie...my 7 month old is Tanner. We live in Maumelle. I'm a WOHM but baby goes to work with me
: I've been back in Central Ark. for 2 years, moved here from Jonesboro where dh and I both worked for ASU (Shay! I think we were students at ASU at the same time, but I don't think we know each other. I'm really looking forward to meeting you this weekend). My family lives in Maumelle and has since I was 16. I graduated from CAC. Before that, my dad was career Air Force, so we lived all over. Including Woodbridge, VA in Prince William County (how weird is that, Anne, Myboysmom, and EmmaJean!).

So, I'm planning to come to the get-together on Sunday afternoon. I'm short, long dark hair, and baby will be in his sling (black and white toille).

I really meant to post earlier this week, because I wanted to tell Stacy (and everyone else) that the WLR LLL group meets on the first Thursday of the month (today - sorry I didn't get the info posted in time
). PLEASE come next month. We meet at the 2nd Presb. church on Pleasant Valley Dr., right off of the Cantrell exit on 430. 10 a.m. It's a great group.

See you on Sunday.

Stephanie

#133 ·
I wanna come!! But we are moving.
We'll try to take a break around 2pm and make our way to War Memorial. If we end up going, I'll bring along some of the cloth diapers that I make/sell (that's if I can find the box I packed them in - I don't think I can give you the website addy as I'm the owner). I'm Mere, I have very short brown hair and I'm on the heavy side. I'll be with my parther Jess (blond) and our 2.5-yr old daughter, Sydney. I'm really shy IRL, so if a real timid person comes up to you, it's probably me.

A little background on us: we moved to AR about 5 years ago. I grew up in a Boston, MA suburb (talk about culture shock) and Jess is from Austin, TX. I work full time as a scientific technical writer and Jess is about to begin her residency as an internal medicine doctor.

Hope we can make it. But if we can't, we HAVE to schedule another meet so that I can meet you all. Take care.

#134 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by quiltpucks

A little background on us: we moved to AR about 5 years ago. I grew up in a Boston, MA suburb (talk about culture shock) and Jess is from Austin, TX. I work full time as a scientific technical writer and Jess is about to begin her residency as an internal medicine doctor.

Hope we can make it. But if we can't, we HAVE to schedule another meet so that I can meet you all. Take care.
AND AS WE HAVE ALREADY SAID: IT IS A SMALL WORLD!!!

My sister and her family are living in Northborough, MA. They have been there for nearly two years. AND they lived there from 1996-1998.

#135 ·
ACK!
I think the baby is sick, so I guess I'l have to wait and see. ******* (3 yr) had a really bad stomach bug last week, and I have been praying that the baby doesn't get it! This morning he has thrown up and poo'd something awful. XXX my fingers it might just be the applejuice he had yesterday!

#139 ·
Well, it is 12:15! IN about 15 minutes I will round up my son, Matt, head to store and then to War Memorial!

I am excited!

I am currently wearing cropped blue jeans and a sleeveless denim shirt....I may change my shirt to be a beige tunic-looking thing with embrodiery at the neck seam.

Matt is wearing blue long shorts and supposedly a gray tank top.

See you all soon!

Anne

#140 ·
I'm sorry guys...it turns out that we aren't going to be able to make it. Tanner is cutting his first tooth and really needs a nap this afternoon, so I'm going to follow his cues and stay home. I hope you all have a WONDERFUL time, and I hope we'll plan to do this again soon, so we can be in on the fun.
See you online, and hopefully IRL soon.
Stephanie

#145 ·
Gabry...I totally feel awful, because I missed that too! When are you due?

It was fabulous meeting everyone! I finally feel somewhat more at ease with the cd'g thing! I think the kids meshed well!

Do we want to try and do something on a regularish basis?

I really enjoyed today! Thanks to everyone!

Oh yeah something else we forgot to say....

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!

Hugs!
Anne

#146 ·
Stacy and Anne, no biggie, I'm just barely pregnant (due in jan) and I'm sorta being low key about it myself (so much can still happen blablabla). I did enjoy meeting you guys and Meredith of course very much, and Yanek had a blast! (sound asleep right now). Sorry others couldn't make it, maybe we can plan something in a few months with more advance notice?

#147 ·
Maybe we can do something every couple months...That would put the next get together in July.

What does everyone's July look like? I am fairly free that month since I stopped planning big stuff after I deliver Matt to Virginia at the end of June. He visits his dad for 6 weeks every summer, so he would not be at a July get together.

Hugs!
anne

#148 ·
Hi Ladies! (The cable man finally showed up late yesterday afternoon - at least I didn't have the internet to distract me from unpacking. :LOL )

I had a great time on Sunday.
It was wonderful meeting Stacy, Gabry, Anne, and all the kiddos. I think we should definitely plan something like that more often (especially with little ones on the way!). July is looking good to me. I hope everyone else can make it to the next get together - we missed you.

PS Kicking myself for not bringing my camera!

#149 ·
Hey guys! I'm sorry that I missed out on the planning/get together! I'd love to meet up with you guys next time! My July is a little bit packed, but I'm sure I could work something out.

Also, I'm a LR "native" (I've lived here the longer than anywhere else, anyways
) So if you guys have questions, I bet I could answer them!

#150 ·
I'm so sorry I didn't show. After church on Sunday one of the guys noticed that my back tire was really low. I took it home aired it up and found out that I had a large screw in my tire. I was a little nervous about driving it and then at 1:30 it started pouring at my parents, Samuel was taking a nap and I just decided it wasn't worth it to risk having a flat on the interstate in the rain. Samuel slept until around 3:30. I really hated to miss, it just didn't work out. I got my tire patched on Monday morning and all is well and I'm back home now. Samuel and I are glad to be back home with daddy after 6 days and 5 nights of being gone. I found a couple jobs in the paper on Sunday that would be perfect for DH and I to be able to move back to LR, but DH said no go. :LOL I somehow figured that. Sorry I missed all of you, I'm sure you all had a good time!

Shay

#151 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamasboys4me
well, it was fun!! I should have brought my camera!

my boys mom, Shay, Steph & Sherrie maybe yoy can make it next time!

Gabry! I totally missed you were preggo! Next time I'll give you and Anne some goodies. Meredith, can't wait to try your dipes!!
Oh I tried! REALLY I did! Went to my mom's for brunch after church. Didn't even sit DOWN until two!!! Then she had "stuff" for me to do!

I kept looking at the clock and missing you!!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.