Joint Custody, Forced Vaccinations in KY - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-27-2006, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son is almost 31/2 and my daughter is 14 months old. He was fully vaccinated between the ages of 2 months and 2 years. She received her first round of shots at 2 months, before I did the research and began refusing vaccinations. My husband left in February of this year and initially agreed with this decision. Several months ago he began demanding that both children be fully vaccinated. Due to our joint custody, we are currently in court-ordered parent coordination to make a decision on this issue. I presented him with over a year’s worth of well-documented research. Every time he said he was in agreement with not vaccinating he changed his mind within a few days due to outside pressure. I have already been given an extension, and will be faced with agreeing to a single shot per month schedule or going to court. I must give my answer on Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2006.

Obviously this is an agonizing, heart-wrenching decision. During the course of my research I discovered that my son’s three-day hospitalization at six months of age was due to a vaccine reaction. On Wednesday, Dec 3, 2003 he received Hib, Hep B, DtaP, and Prevnar. By Friday afternoon he began screaming inconsolably for over 41/2 hours. I was instructed to bring him to the pediatrician’s office early the following morning, where upon examination we were sent directly to the hospital for suspected encephalitis. After nearly four days, and a barrage of tests, he was given acyclovir, and discharged with a diagnosis of failure to thrive due to a long-standing EBV infection. The possibility of a reaction was never discussed with us, so we continued vaccinating our underweight child. I still worry about long-term damage, and do not want to take that chance again.

I am certain that the court will force vaccinations, and have been told by many that my ex-husband’s wishes would be the lesser of two evils. However I don’t know how I can agree to this at all. We have a strong family history of both severe allergies and autoimmune disease. Do you have any advice for this situation? Which shots would you do first? What about boosting immunity beforehand and detoxing afterward? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-29-2006, 04:53 PM

Hi

Sorry, no good advice. Do you have a doc in your favor at all? Is it properly documented that your sone had a vax reaction?
Do you have a good attny or are you on your own?

Just wanted to wish you good luck. Also, you may get a better response posting this in the vaccinations forum here.
#3 of 4 Old 12-12-2006, 03:49 PM

Mama, do you have an update?
#4 of 4 Old 12-13-2006, 12:01 PM

yes defintly post in the vax forum, they may know of some detox type thing you can do. good luck!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page