Palm Beach County Roll Call - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 04-28-2003, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas,
I am moving to PBC in June. I will be there by July 1. Any MDCers out there? How far is Palm Beach from Ft. Lauderdale?

Kelly
#2 of 10 Old 04-28-2003, 06:24 PM

Hello, I was born and raised in west palm beach,my family now lives in Royal Palm Beach. I am currently in Michigan. I like to pop in here to see what is going on in my home state To answer your question Ft. Lauderdale is about 45 minutes away from Palm Beach. Where in P.B. County are you moving?Enjoy the Sunshine state and watch out for the snowbirds.lol
#3 of 10 Old 04-30-2003, 11:35 AM

Welcome to Palm Beach County! I am in Southern West Palm Beach with my Dh of 9 years and Ds of 3.5 years. Drop me and email when you get in town and I'll give you a few names and numbers if you're interested in LLL groups, Attachment Parenting groups and any of that stuff. They can be hard to find if you're just getting to know the area.

I see someone already answered that Ft. Lauderdale is about 45 min. away from Palm Beach but it really varies a lot depending on where *you* are coming from. P.B. is such a large area that it can take 45 minutes just to get from West to East or North to South inside of the county iteslf!

Warm wishes for a swift and peaceful move,
Jenni
CheekieNayNay@aol.com
#4 of 10 Old 06-24-2008, 10:39 PM

Hey Ladies,

I'm new to the area, and I'm a new SATHM to a 7 month old girl. I was wondering if you could hook me up with some information on attachment parenting groups and a good family practice doctor or pediatrician.

I'd also love to find some more down to earth women down here. the women just seem to be of a different breed than in Tallahassee.

erica

: :
#5 of 10 Old 06-25-2008, 03:50 PM

mamaroonie
I relocated from WPB area to Tallahassee last year and I know what you are talking about. There are some like minded women down there, you just have to find them.
That being said, we still have a house in the Acreage that we need to sell (looking like a short sale now ) if anyone is interested.
#6 of 10 Old 06-27-2008, 11:14 AM

well if you ever have need of a midwife while you're in tally. The ladies at the Birth Cottage are wonderful. They helped me give birth to my baby Sophie and they were just so mama/family friendly. I really am gonna miss them.

-Erica
#7 of 10 Old 06-28-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaroonie View Post
well if you ever have need of a midwife while you're in tally. The ladies at the Birth Cottage are wonderful. They helped me give birth to my baby Sophie and they were just so mama/family friendly. I really am gonna miss them.

-Erica
Unfortunately they can't attend my birth becuase it will be a VBAC next time. I am going to have to travel if I want to have a homebirth, but they may be able to help with some early prenatal care before I transfer to my midwife at the end. I have heard great things about them (If you need a good midiwife in Palm Beach County I have heard only good things about Connie Mullen, I also like Jyl Krentz up in St. Lucie County, but I believe she will attend births in N. Palm Beach County.)
#8 of 10 Old 06-30-2008, 11:15 AM

Thanks for the recommendation. I was looking for a midwife down here we've been really thinking about starting to try for our second baby and I'd like to have a home birth if possible this time.

Contact the ladies at the birth center they were amazing, even if just for prenatal care. They will also act as a doula for you in a hospital if it tuns out you can't do it there or at home.
-Erica
#9 of 10 Old 07-10-2008, 03:57 AM

Hi there! I am in Delray Beach, in southern PBC. We are about ten or fifteen minutes from Broward County, and 30 from Fort Lauderdale. We love it here. I am in a Waldorf playgroup (my son starts the kindy here in the fall) and an AP playgroup and I attend our local LLL meetings in Boynton. We were also in a Bev Boss inspired parent-child group at the UU church, and they have other wonderful programming as well. Let me know if you have questions!
#10 of 10 Old 07-10-2008, 03:29 PM

I just moved (back) to Boca - from Martin County - last month

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page