NMY Graduates love thread - Page 29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-13-2007, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Katt, I understand. I struggle with that too. It takes me about an hour to come up with comebacks most of the time. (I don't just mean sarcastic ones, just engaging, witty conversation). Which is why I feel like I really need to rehearse my responses to future inquiries on parenting choices.
I'm the same way, Katt. I really need to think too long for good, but witty responses.

My DH is much better. I must share this these few tidbits. He's working in a summer day camp at a ritzy private school, so many of these kids are sheltered. Hence the chance for some actual education.

DH has long hair and wears a pair of earrings. Nothing crazy, just small silver hoops. So a young girl (probably 8 years old) comes up to him and says, "why do you wear two earrings? Only girls wear pairs of earrings!"

DH: "I don't believe in gender stereotypes."

Apparently the girl just had this look on her face, "wha....?" DH is hoping she went home and asked her parents, "What are gender stereotypes?"

Another little girl asked about his long hair in a similar fashion, and he said that he didn't believe in "supposed tos." Similar facial reaction.

Finally, ANOTHER little girl wanted to know if he had any babies. He said no. Then she wanted to know if I was pregnant yet. Again he said no. She wanted to know if we WOULD have babies, and he said, maybe yes or maybe no (since it really wasn't her business after all). But she couldn't understand why we were currently childfree...somehow this didn't make sense to her.

The only thing I worry about when he does this, is that these girls, especially the gender stereotype one (ok, that's silly sounding) will get an answer like DH did, when he was young and asked what a virgin was. His mother told him to look it up, and he was so confused when the dictionary definition was "a young maiden." He didn't know why he was being called that at all.

Come ponder with me about food!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico'sAlice View Post
Prefolds- The best thing for infant poop is " the jellyroll fold." Initially the whole thing was daunting. But after the first few days I could fold and snappi half-asleep in just a minute, no problem.
Good to know. Thanks Alice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl
The only thing I worry about when he does this, is that these girls, especially the gender stereotype one (ok, that's silly sounding) will get an answer like DH did, when he was young and asked what a virgin was. His mother told him to look it up, and he was so confused when the dictionary definition was "a young maiden." He didn't know why he was being called that at all.
Your poor dh!

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
Old 07-13-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
...We do share the top sheet, so DH can still slip his foot over (and does) but it's tricky because my body pillow is usually in between us ...
yep that's exactly what I was imagining

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt View Post
M.M.M. - you are correct... he's all of the above. and, yes, looking back, I probably could have and should have engaged the little girl more. That is something I struggle with all the time, engaging people (of all ages) I just prefer not to. My DH (and probably DS) on the other hand are a LOT more extroverted then I.
Hopefully, I'll be more with it next time.
I can sooooo relate. I have the hardest time talking to most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
Mama's and soon-to-be's...
What do you think about this nanny blog? It was linked on another MDC thread and as someone who spent several years as a nanny and childcarer, I find it to be really quite horrific and offensive. I've never liked those nanny cam's either.
Wow, I tend to think that if I had to hire a nanny I would not have the time to visit this board in an attempt to "catch" my nanny doing something wrong. But : on one I read about the caregiver was on the phone with a friend describing in great detail the events of the night before with her boyfriend, all in front of the five children she was watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico'sAlice View Post
...Prefolds- The best thing for infant poop is " the jellyroll fold." Initially the whole thing was daunting. But after the first few days I could fold and snappi half-asleep in just a minute, no problem...
Cool! I have not seen that fold before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shanna~ View Post
...And, a word of advice for NYM: When sharing diaper-changing duties with DP, I strongly recommend having a system where you rotate every two diaper changes. That way, when DP is lousy at diping (and you suspect that he's just being lazy) but doesn't believe you that he's lousy at it, he has to change the baby's dipe, cover, clothes and everything else that got wet or poopy from his lousy dipe assembly. And it might give him or her some incentive for learning how to do it a little bit better. Purely hypothetical, of course.:
Oh dear, I hope the double diaper duty method works for you, hypothetically of course. Good point though. DH claims he babysat quite a lot as a teen, I wonder if any used cloth. I'll have to ask him.

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

Old 07-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Banned

katt:

well, of course he's human.

for me, it's not a big deal, racially, as i love different bodies, colors, shapes, and sizes. to me it's something to be enjoyed and celebrated. i think it's awesome! and beyond the physical, there's that cool thing about different cultural heritages on which to draw for personal growth and inspiration. Teo is a lucky baby to have such a diverse heritage.

or is the race issue a really big, hurtful thing in your household/family?
Old 07-13-2007, 05:51 PM

Prefolds:

LOVE EM! We bought/received 12 fitteds and 12 prefolds. The fitteds were $20 each, the prefolds were under $6. I HATE the fitteds (they don't fit him at all, way too big in the waist, way too tight in the thigh, way too low on his torso!) and I love the prefolds (other then the fact that he soaks through them so fast, and they are super absorbent hemp!!) I have been doing the newspaper fold (like jelly roll, but folded in instead of rolled), but now that he is doing one big poop every 5 days instead of littler poops daily, we are having containing issues, so I may have to start the jelly roll.

Co-sleeping set-up:

We have a king bed and the humanity pillow. I roll the humanity's sleeping pad out with the bolster at the far edge on my side (on top of the made bed). The pad covers about 60% of the bed (from side to side). DH sleeps under the covers on his 40%, Q and I sleep on top of the pad, which is on top of the covers, on our 60% of the bed. I use a light mesh cotton blanket to cover some of me, and sometimes up to Q's waist or chest. But he is a little heater, so often he sweats if under any covers at all, so I'll just cover me with the blanket and not him. I'll need a thicker blanket come fall/winter! Oh, and I am glad DH can't slip a foot over, I HATE being touched while I sleep (though I have gotten used to Q touching me from his head to feet!)

Sleeping apparel:

I wear a cotton night gown, shaped much like a silk teddy (but much less glamorous!). The top is severely V neck and the nighty is very loose/non-fitted. It is so easy to pull the top to the side of either breast for nursing (half the time I can't get it to cover me up while lying down!!
Old 07-14-2007, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiztic View Post
Sleeping apparel:

I wear a cotton night gown, shaped much like a silk teddy (but much less glamorous!). The top is severely V neck and the nighty is very loose/non-fitted. It is so easy to pull the top to the side of either breast for nursing (half the time I can't get it to cover me up while lying down!!
Ooooh, I should get one too! I'm currently sleeping in pj bottoms and topless, with a prefold tucked under the top boob and a doubled-up towel under me and Fenton to catch run-off from the bottom boob. Are you nursing mamas wearing bras/pads to bed? I still leak so much.....

I need more practice on the jelly roll fold. I am definatley not a natural with the prefolds. You guys using snappis? I think I may try pins, I'm finding I need a third hand with the snappis.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:16 AM

Yes. I am using a snappi. Even though it should be a Y shape and not a T, I still do the two sides first and then pull down the middle. And if it is too T shaped then I can adjust one side at a time. I have pins, but a scared of them. I think I would totally freak out if I stuck him with one.
Hmmm. But I guess the snappi would be tougher if the sides were further apart. Is Fenton wide?

I was using pads up until last week or so. (http://www.danishwool.com/) I have stopped leaking so much. But since I stay up at night while he sleeps I do a pumping sesion in the middle of hid one longish block of sleep, so I don't have a chance to get so engorged. [I'm close to 400ozs now! But it's all going this coming monday! Yay!)
Old 07-14-2007, 04:41 AM

Leaking:
Nope, not here, never really had an issue with it.

diaper folds:
I used the bikini twist mostly when ds was younger, now it is the angel wings (?) with the snappi sometimes, othertimes I just kinda tri-fold or angel fold and velcro the cover on.

Race Issue:
Race is not really an issue in our household at all. We have some cultural differances that crop up every now and again (usually having to do with respect) but, Sometimes I forget how different in color dh and i are until I see a photo of us together.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Banned

katt:

i'm glad to hear it's not an issue. i read, after i posted, that it was mostly an introvert/extrovert thing.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Sometimes I forget how different in color dh and i are until I see a photo of us together.
Same here! And I forget that we can sometimes appear "unusual" to other people, which still happens here in the Midwest. Like we'll be out and about, and I might notice someone frequently looking our direction, and I'll check my appearance to make sure my skirt isn't tucked into my underwear or my lipstick isn't smeared all over my face or something like that. And then I'll realize/remember that together we look a little bit different than some people are used to (like last weekend when we went to a wedding and dh was the only non-white person there : ).

Although a person might notice us like dh and I occasionally notice other people. "Hey, look, our inverse!" (slightly chubby white guy and skinny Filipino girl). Or, "Look, the tall version!" Even, "It's us, but waaaaay more beautiful!"
Old 07-14-2007, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Isabel View Post
Hello everyone! I haven't been coming here often (just about once a week), so if one of the babies decides to pop out : and I haven't been online for a couple days, please PM me so I can update the first two posts.

Thanks. :
Me neither!!! I've been so bad about posting... I've been reading most posts - but have been doing too much work around the house while I'm still able to do it.... and once it starts getting hard (I started getting lots of leg sore-ness and pelvic pain two days ago) I'll have to stop and leave the rest for later/after baby.... which I think I'll have to stop....
But no - no baby here yet either! I'm 38 weeks today.... and just am starting to drop, no dilating yet, and maybe a tiny bit of effacing.... if I remember right from when I compare today's self check with the one a couple weeks ago....

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder on this fold, Alice. I just tried it and it fit better around the legs than the trifold I was doing.

And, a word of advice for NYM: When sharing diaper-changing duties with DP, I strongly recommend having a system where you rotate every two diaper changes. That way, when DP is lousy at diping (and you suspect that he's just being lazy) but doesn't believe you that he's lousy at it, he has to change the baby's dipe, cover, clothes and everything else that got wet or poopy from his lousy dipe assembly. And it might give him or her some incentive for learning how to do it a little bit better. Purely hypothetical, of course.:
I will DEFINATELY have to do that !!!!!! We have some 7th gen. disposables for the first week to get the meconium - then we will be doing a combination of prefolds w/ snappis and nylon covers my mom made for us, fuzzi-bunz type ones that I made and some Bum Genius that I bought (i have 3 one-size ones right now).... DH is going to have to get good at this diapering stuff quickly. He's never changed a diaper on a real tiny human.... just the baby doll that he wanted me to teach him on.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
I'm the same way, Katt. I really need to think too long for good, but witty responses.
Finally, ANOTHER little girl wanted to know if he had any babies. He said no. Then she wanted to know if I was pregnant yet. Again he said no. She wanted to know if we WOULD have babies, and he said, maybe yes or maybe no (since it really wasn't her business after all). But she couldn't understand why we were currently childfree...somehow this didn't make sense to her.
I used to get this all the time! Of course I taught little kids (age 4) and they just couldn't believe I wasn't a mommy.....they were always asking me where my kid was, or what my son's name was, or what grade my daughter was in.... they just couldn't understand how I didn't have a child.... They all just kept saying - but you ARE a mommy!

I'll try to keep up now that my hugeness is keeping me from getting anything else done around the house....

-Jodi
Old 07-15-2007, 03:13 AM

I had some BH contractions yesterday. It was actually kind of exciting. They came and went for a few hours, but left when I laid down for my nap. It was neat thinking, "This could be it!"

Today when my mw was feeling my belly, she noticed I was having a contraction and so now I know that those crampy feelings I have every now and then are contractions. Yesterday was the longest they had lasted.

So I'm thinking (hoping) she'll be arriving in the next week. :

Old 07-15-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Ooooh, I should get one too! I'm currently sleeping in pj bottoms and topless, with a prefold tucked under the top boob and a doubled-up towel under me and Fenton to catch run-off from the bottom boob. Are you nursing mamas wearing bras/pads to bed? I still leak so much.....

I need more practice on the jelly roll fold. I am definatley not a natural with the prefolds. You guys using snappis? I think I may try pins, I'm finding I need a third hand with the snappis.
I don't even wear a bra or pads during the day!! Leaking stopped at about 8 weeks and only happens when one breast has gone 6+ hours without being nursed (so almost never). I used to leak like crazy at night though!! I just shoved a waded up tissue on a boob in the middle of the night (very haphazard and not too effective!!)

We use snappis on our prefolds, and oddly enough I think 1 of our snappis works better than the other!! Tip, position one side, while holding it down with finger, stretch and position other side, then do bottom. Then pull diaper up/in (to make it fit better) an replace one side at a time (but keep it taught when you undo each side so the other ones don't fall off. Pretty soon this will all be pretty natural and easy for you!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:32 PM

Code:
maela
, glad yu re enjoying yur practice labor!

my baby has dropped. i used to have a long belly, like i had swallowed a watermeon whole. now it still protrudes some above the belly button but mostly below. i can breathe more easily but i have to pee all the time. every half hour, no joke.

MAMAS: how long was it between when you dropped and when you went into labor? did your belly button become an outie? mine is flat but not out.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:32 PM

maela, glad yu re enjoying yur practice labor!

my baby has dropped. i used to have a long belly, like i had swallowed a watermeon whole. now it still protrudes some above the belly button but mostly below. i can breathe more easily but i have to pee all the time. every half hour, no joke.

MAMAS: how long was it between when you dropped and when you went into labor? did your belly button become an outie? mine is flat but not out.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post

My belly hasn't noticeably dropped when I look at in the mirror, but I do have to pee a lot more often lately! My belly button only sticks out a little sometimes (when I'm laying down), but most of the time it's just flat. It certainly looks different though!

I have a question. Have/did your boobs grow or become more sensitive in the last month before birth? Mine grew a lot when I first got pg and then stopped. Now they seem to have grown again just in the past couple of weeks. Also, they're more sensitive again. It's so weird. I thought that only happened when your milk comes in.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:37 PM

Had another bad night last night . Fenton was kicking and thrashing in his sleep. All. Night. But, when morning and some perspective came, i realized it's only the third tough night we've ever had. Still, in the middle of the night, not being able to sleep, realizing he's not even awake and I'll make it worse by going to sleep somewhere else, changing his diaper, or anything else that will completely wake him up......I felt like a hostage. I'm amazed at the depth of frustration and utter love you can feel simultaneously. I had that scary feeling where I was handling him a little rougher than usual - not hurting him, but not being my usual tender self with him: Patting his back a little harder, gritting my teeth when he kicks me, talking to him in an impatient tone. I hate having that feeling - I've had it a couple of times in frustration, and it worries me because when i used to ask mamas about whether they ever felt that frustrated (because I knew my propensity to lose my patience sort of hysterically: clenching my teeth, throw up my hands, tossing objects roughly that frustrate me, etc.), they always told me "No - it's different when its your baby". What I've feeling feels very normal and tempered, especially when I know I'm not hurting him, but I feel a little nervous when everyone else says that they never have it. I feel really vulnerable putting that out there, so please be gentle with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiztic View Post
I don't even wear a bra or pads during the day!!
You're kidding! I'm leaking like a machine still. Even more now that Fenton is pacifying on me a lot at night and upping my milk supply. Another reason I didn't get much sleep last night.....I've been curious about those Lily Padz that my sister raves about, but I just don't feel right using a non-breathable pad that holds the milk in. Doesn't seem right. Like seedless watermelons.

Quote:
Code:
maela
, glad yu re enjoying yur practice labor!

Pie Pie, you're almost there!!!! My belly button never became an outtie, just flat. (And my stretch marks never showed up until about 3 days prior to labor, but that's a different story.... And I don't think I ever saw the baby really drop. Which is why I was in denial for so long during our labor.

Still on the prefold learning curve. The bikini twist is the only fold that looks secure, but it hasn't been challenged with a big poop yet. I need prefolds to go well, it stretches my dipe laundry to 5 days.

There are lots of babies on the way, LOTS OF BABIES ON THE WAY!!!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 12:46 PM

Well my blely button is flat almost all the time now (sometimes when I'm leaning slightly forward or get a BH... It comes out a tiny bit.... but whenever I lay on my back at my MW appts. I actually have an innie still....

I thought I dropped some on Friday - my hips were so sore, my pubic bone hurt, my thighs hurt and I had to pee all the time, plus I could finally eat meals and I was hungry! But yesterday my belly was back up by my ribs again... (see the pic in my siggy) and I'm not able to eat much again - and I only woke up once in the night to use the bathroom.... I hope I follow Shanna and this - not dropping thing - isn't a sign that I'll be going till 42 weeks!

I did have a BH every 45 minutes or so for much of the day yesterday (and they lasted at least a minute each time too) but so far today I've only had 2... I think my body is just confused and doesn't really realize yet that I should be having a baby in a little while.

SHANNA - I hope Fenton is more restful tonight for you - I know that I'll be frustrated like that one day very soon :

-Jodi
Old 07-16-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Had another bad night last night . Fenton was kicking and thrashing in his sleep. All. Night. But, when morning and some perspective came, i realized it's only the third tough night we've ever had. Still, in the middle of the night, not being able to sleep, realizing he's not even awake and I'll make it worse by going to sleep somewhere else, changing his diaper, or anything else that will completely wake him up......I felt like a hostage. I'm amazed at the depth of frustration and utter love you can feel simultaneously. I had that scary feeling where I was handling him a little rougher than usual - not hurting him, but not being my usual tender self with him: Patting his back a little harder, gritting my teeth when he kicks me, talking to him in an impatient tone. I hate having that feeling - I've had it a couple of times in frustration, and it worries me because when i used to ask mamas about whether they ever felt that frustrated (because I knew my propensity to lose my patience sort of hysterically: clenching my teeth, throw up my hands, tossing objects roughly that frustrate me, etc.), they always told me "No - it's different when its your baby". What I've feeling feels very normal and tempered, especially when I know I'm not hurting him, but I feel a little nervous when everyone else says that they never have it. I feel really vulnerable putting that out there, so please be gentle with me.
I don't have my baby yet, but I have found myself feeling/acting the exact same way with the little preschool kids with autism that I worked with for years. And with my cats! I think it's totally normal. But, of course, it still made me feel awful when I realized how I was acting. It's hard to have so much patience for so long!! I can't imagine what it will be like 24 hours/day. There are times when I worry that I might be a little resentful/annoyed at times with Maev in the beginning (just like I was with each of my kittens when we first got them). Maybe I won't, who knows? But I do know that it didn't take long before I was used to getting up in the middle of the night and babying my kitties. And now I get sad when they don't come wake me up at night for some petting. Or push my head off the pillow so that they can sleep there.
I think you're doing a fine job of being a loving, patient mama. Won't there always be rough nights? I wish I had advice for you...

Old 07-16-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodib View Post
I thought I dropped some on Friday - my hips were so sore, my pubic bone hurt, my thighs hurt and I had to pee all the time, plus I could finally eat meals and I was hungry! But yesterday my belly was back up by my ribs again... (see the pic in my siggy) and I'm not able to eat much again - and I only woke up once in the night to use the bathroom....
This happens to me too. Some days I feel like she's pressing on my pubic bone and I have more room up top, and other days I feel like she's back up there again.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:03 PM

I have the day off to nest!! YAY!!!!!! I wish I could do this everyday!

Also in exciting news:

1. Tonight we're going to our friend's house to borrow their camera cord so we'll finally get all these belly pics online!

2. My boobs work!! I thought I had a pimple on the end of my nipple but it was a drop of liquid and a little fiddling produced more where that came from!! Of course I knew they'd start working eventually but it was just so exciting and I had no one to share it with except you all (well, and DH, but he doesn't understand why I'm excited).
Quote:

You've dropped already?! You're only a week ahead of me right? Holy moly! I'm still riding high but I have had a VERY outie belly button for the last few months. I used to be a real innie too so it's hard to get used to. DH likes it though. He'll twiddle it not even realizing he's doing it. He must have been one of those babies who played with his mom's other nipple while breastfeeding.

Maela: I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had resentful/annoyed feelings in baby's direction right from the start. I went through one phase where I was kinda depressed and it was so hard to think anything good about baby.

Shanna: I wish I had some advice for you too but all I can offer is . Any chance of you getting a nap today?

Traveling mama to DS (2) my nature boy :
Old 07-16-2007, 03:09 PM

Shanna- Yes, we all get frustrated with our kids. I don't know how it would be any different because it is your own baby. Maybe certain behaviors we'll find cute and others find annoying, but that doesn't mean there aren't times you want to walk away for a bit.

My belly button popped, kinda, it never was a huge outie, just a little one.

I couldn't tell you if he ever dropped. He was always pretty low, which makes sense with him having a short cord, he never did move around a lot. Either way, it is SO exciting to see labour signs, even if they are days or weeks out!

Woo-Hooo... more babies! I LOVE it.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:30 PM

Quote:
You are NOT alone, Shanna!! I am so kind and patient with Q most of the time, no matter what is going on, but those middle of the nighters when I am so exhausted and not in my normal state of mind, I am just like that. I have found myself moving him from one side to the other much more abruptly than I otherwise would or pulling him down by his legs (I often do that, gently) with a little bit of force (so not necessary with a 12 pound baby). I have never hurt him or done anything I was truly ashamed of (nor do I feel the temptation to), BUT I have handled him with less gentleness and patience than I would like to admit!

Can we come up with a mantra/affirmation to say to ourselves during the day that maybe we'll recall/repeat during those times of night when we are a little outside of ourselves. I'll think about it, anyone else please chime in!! Something somewhat short, as it is generally needed at times that a long mantra/affirmation would be forgotten or abandoned!
Old 07-16-2007, 05:39 PM

I've had a few contractions in the last couple of hours. I don't feel like I can really time them, because I can't always tell when they begin/end. Also some pink mucous!! And backache. I really feel like it's going to be soon. I'm trying not to get my hopes up that it could be today or tomorrow. But I am making sure that everything is in order. Dh is away for a few hours getting a cyst removed from his scalp (very minor surgery - he wouldn't even let me go with him), so I'm just wanting to tell someone! It seems like everyday I feel a little closer to real labor.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:50 PM

Maela- You're having a baby, You're having a baby!!!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 06:01 PM

OMG Maela! I'm so excited for you!

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
Old 07-16-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
OMG Maela! I'm so excited for you!
Quote:
Maela- You're having a baby, You're having a baby!!!!!
I sure hope I'm having a baby! Things are the same for now. The backache just got a little worse - still nothing to complain about though.
When Dh gets home I'll try to do things to keep them coming. Maybe we'll take a long walk, I'll sit on my birth ball and drink my RRL tea or we'll spend some alone time together. Right now I'm afraid to do anything that might make it move faster...

I keep telling myself: "I could still have a week to go..."

Old 07-16-2007, 07:15 PM

Maela, you'll have to keep updating us. Then, if we don't hear from you for a while, we'll know it's really started. :

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
Old 07-16-2007, 07:39 PM

Maela,

How exciting!! you're definitely getting close...

i've had some contractions that require ......breathing through (like just now) but they're of varying frequencies. this morning, i thought we were ready to go, with contractions every 15 minutes or so for a few hours. they petered out, though, and now, although i'm having some strong ones (oh boy), they're not very timeable.

i went in to my midwife yesterday, after having some contractions, just to get a cervical check. she said i'm already 75% effaced and the baby's head is REALLY low. all i've got to do now is dilate, and my very posterior cervix has to move forward...hence the intense contractions. exciting. it's amazing to feel how different, how much better it is, when you focus your breathing though. i never realized... i've been breathing in deeply then slowly breathing out, visualizing just breathing that air out, down through my cervix, letting go. it's kinda neat!

shanna i'm always cranky when being woken up in the middle of the night. i love my husband, but if he's snoring and i'm trying to go back to sleep...well let's just say my thoughts are not all sunshine and roses. and that's okay too

i dropped maybe a week or so ago, and still waiting...:

Busy mama of
Old 07-16-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmama View Post
Maela,

How exciting!! you're definitely getting close...

i've had some contractions that require ......breathing through (like just now) but they're of varying frequencies. this morning, i thought we were ready to go, with contractions every 15 minutes or so for a few hours. they petered out, though, and now, although i'm having some strong ones (oh boy), they're not very timeable.

i went in to my midwife yesterday, after having some contractions, just to get a cervical check. she said i'm already 75% effaced and the baby's head is REALLY low. all i've got to do now is dilate, and my very posterior cervix has to move forward...hence the intense contractions. exciting. it's amazing to feel how different, how much better it is, when you focus your breathing though. i never realized... i've been breathing in deeply then slowly breathing out, visualizing just breathing that air out, down through my cervix, letting go. it's kinda neat!
Sounds like you're closer than me! I haven't had any VEs recently, so I don't know what my cervix is like.
I've been practicing my breathing and visualizing my cervix opening and pulling up and over the baby's head, but I haven't needed the breathing or visualizing because my contractions definitely are not strong enough yet. In fact I keep feeling like they're fading away. But then I go to post that they're gone and I start feeling another one. It feels like my belly is constantly tight today. I really hope this doesn't go on for another week!

User Tag List