NMY Graduates love thread - Page 34 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#991 of 1000 Old 07-24-2007, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shanna~ View Post
Other mamas that have birthed, have you found your relationship to it changing over time?
I know I'm probably not the best one to answer this question seeing as I had a c-section But, I was already talking about the next baby in the recovery room about two hours after Punkin's birth. I am so excited to VBAC, it's not even funny. I did get a taste of labor; only about 4 hours worth, but I'm sure I got close to transition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
Anyway, I don't have any pics yet, which is why I was holding off on posting, but this is what I got:
2 pouches: 1 Karma Baby Solarveil Pouch (for showers), 1 Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch
2 wraps: 1 Moby Wrap, 1 Gypsy Mama Bali Baby Breeze Wrap (lost in the mail )
2 Asian Baby Carriers: 1 BabyHawk Mei Tai, 1 Wallypop Onbuhimo
1 Soft Structured Carrier: A Beco (like an Ergo crossed with a Mei Tai)
Sihaya, you have quite the stash, girl! Though I'm one to talk. I have 6 for myself and two for DH.
Of your list, I have the Moby and Babyhawk. I totally love them both!! I'm jealous of your Gypsy Mama wrap. That is on my list.
I haven't used my pouches or ring sling much yet because I can't seem to figure out carries that are comfortable for both me and Punkin.

PiePie, I tested + for GBS as well. It really stinks and I'm sorry you're positive for it. No, you haven't failed little Roo.
#992 of 1000 Old 07-24-2007, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaBear View Post
Sihaya, you have quite the stash, girl! Though I'm one to talk. I have 6 for myself and two for DH.
Of your list, I have the Moby and Babyhawk. I totally love them both!! I'm jealous of your Gypsy Mama wrap. That is on my list.
I haven't used my pouches or ring sling much yet because I can't seem to figure out carries that are comfortable for both me and Punkin.
See, I knew I wasn't the only one Is your BH reversible? What design(s) does it have? Have you looked to see if there is a babywearing group in your area? Ours is really helpful for getting help in wearing your baby comfortably. Shanna and I just went to a meeting yesterday and it was great.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#993 of 1000 Old 07-24-2007, 09:38 PM

BABY CARRIERS: We have received as gifts a Maya wrap unpadded in denim, a Baby Bjorn Original in navy, an Ergo in black, and a Filly Tough Traveler framed backpack. I thought that was a lot (more than I expected to have), but you all have got me beat!
#994 of 1000 Old 07-24-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shanna~ View Post
Fly-by, I promise I'll be back (Kelly: )

Pie Pie, is hibicleanse an option for you? This is what we did, and I was very satisfied with what the research said about its efficacy.

I'll be back, sorry so brisk......
I was GBS + too, and I did hibicleanse. You have not failed your little one! Shanna and I are both pretty healthy bacteria-conscious and should be 2 of the last people on earth to have a negative bacteria issue, but we did, so there!

Do the research on GBS and the risk to the baby, it is really quite small, whereas I decided starting life wiped clean of all bacteria was way riskier!!

Generally it is recognized that if you are full term (past 37 weeks), and you go into labor soon after your water breaks (within 18 hours I think), you are not in too much danger of baby having any issues.

good luck!!
#995 of 1000 Old 07-24-2007, 11:27 PM

Well Shanna, it looks like you're right. My midwife and her apprentice have no doubt that I won't make it to 40 weeks. I might not even make it to the official "full term" status, not that any of us are worried. Baby seems healthy and is sitting with her head practically on my cervix. I'd thought she was stretching and bumping it. No, she's just right there and ready to go. Baby actually dropped and I never even noticed. Well, last Sunday I was pretty impressed by my breath support while singing and was thinking "Gee, if I figured out how to support this well now, I'm gonna be able to hold notes forever once baby drops." Duh Amanda...baby already dropped, that's why you have new found breath support!

Oh man, I forgot to enter this. I've probably been cross-posted by a dozen people. Hopefully one of them being Mr. jodi!

Traveling mama to DS (2) my nature boy :
#996 of 1000 Old 07-24-2007, 11:30 PM

Not a single cross post after letting that message sit up on the screen for almost an hour...and at this time...where is everyone?

Traveling mama to DS (2) my nature boy :
#997 of 1000 Old 07-24-2007, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I'm right here - tending to DH after being at RediCare for an hour earlier tonight. Going to bed soon, though. Actually, since we're so close to 1000, I'll start a new thread first.

I talked to Isabel recently and she asked me to start a new thread and take over the roster duties. I'm afraid Jodi or her DH will post news after I go to bed or before I get online tomorrow, so I'll just get on with it now. Link coming soon!

ETA: Here it is, Part Two of the Graduates Thread

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#998 of 1000 Old 07-25-2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
I'm right here - tending to DH after being at RediCare for an hour earlier tonight. Going to bed soon, though. Actually, since we're so close to 1000, I'll start a new thread first.

I talked to Isabel recently and she asked me to start a new thread and take over the roster duties. I'm afraid Jodi or her DH will post news after I go to bed or before I get online tomorrow, so I'll just get on with it now. Link coming soon!

ETA: Here it is, Part Two of the Graduates Thread
I was less than excited when I saw we were starting a different love thread, but Sihaya won me over - that new thread is awesome with the links! Thank you! Hope Sean is feeling better today
#999 of 1000 Old 08-25-2007, 11:42 PM

Well, I'm knocked up. Guess I'm a graduate now.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#1000 of 1000 Old 08-26-2007, 05:03 PM

Blizzard Babe, that's so awesome!!! Congratulations! :

Come over to the new thread.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page