Mothering Forum banner

Tattoo & Pierced Tribe

91K views 2K replies 583 participants last post by  courtenay_e 
#1 ·
I figured it's about time that we start a tattoo and pierce tribal thread. We have had quite a few threads on this topic.

If your tattoo'd or pierced post here!!!

#6 ·
Tattooed and pierced.
Two tattoos, celtic knot on left ankle, wreath of flowers and pentacle on left shoulder. Have my next tattoo all lined up and ready to go.
Have my ears pierced, and used to have my tongue pierced, though I took that out about two years ago - it was fun while it lasted.
Want to get my nose pierced....if I am not pregnant this month, I think I will go an get it pierced...and possibly my next tattoo...

tat pics

#10 ·
Yes, yes I am
Hey not milking them TOO much if I admit that 2/3's of my piercings are ear ones right?
Yeah I don't really consider the ears "real" piercings (or at least not 'hardcore') especially since I don't have any spiffy cartilidge or tragus or anything like that... well I did have a cartilidge piercing but got a nasty keloid on it, so I pulled that out (and now REALLY want to get that keloid removed). Thats what I got for piercing it with a gun (at least I can say I didn't know it was a bad choice when I did it... at 16 or so).

But wow, when I finally can get all my tattoo work done, man, I'm gonna SO scare my MIL! I have a whole upper back/shoulder piece planned out (and now I'm going to incorporate the Orion constilation
), and my ankles are eventually going to be anklets... and ah, from the link on my website you can see I've always got a million ideas for new ones!

Course I bet I'd scare the bejezzus out of my MIL NOW if she knew where two of my hidden piercings were!

#11 ·
LOL Lisa, I was just teasin ya

ok, upon further inspection I think my nose piercing is a little to far forward. He didn't do it in the exact same spot as my previous. And I was so concerned with finding someone experienced (this guy had lots of it) I didn't really consider the placement. Yeah, he marked it and let me look. But I don't know. I wish it was farther back. And I really don't want to get it redone. So, it's leave it or give up the dream. I tend to be obsessive about some things. I'm afraid if it isn't just the way I want it I will always feel selfconsiece.

ARG, I'm so frustrated.

#12 ·
One tattoo on my right shoulder....and I don't think I'm getting any more! No piercings other than regular old ear piercing. I'm so boring!

#13 ·
two tattoos, incorporating 2 halves of the Vajra (tibetan spiritual thunderbolt cross), representing the union of Wisdom and Bliss, on either side of my right ankle - #3 is in the planning stages for my lower back - piercings: 5 ear, 1 nose, one in the belly button all grown over. All in all not so radical I can't go undercover if I have to. But, my dentist informs me, I cannot be buried in an orthodox Jewish cemetery. Good thing I'm Pagan...

#14 ·
Well, I have my nose and ears pierced (don't wear earrings too often though since I keep losing them). I just have a small silver stud in my nose. (My 13-year-old daughter has the exact same thing.)

Tattoos - I guess it depends on how you count them. I have a branch/vine of lilacs on my shoulder/upper arm/back, the Big Dipper on the inside of my forearm (this one was the big ouch). Then on the outside of my right calf, I have one for each of my kids' names, but it's all kind of one piece. A turtle and a bear looking at each other and up at a star and a crescent (Terrapin) moon, and then below it is the world.

I'd like to get more, and I'm sure it will happen, I just don't know what it is yet. I usually don't know what it will be until right before I go, and when I get inspired I run out and have it done. I have a really great tattoo artist now (although I have had three others work on me who were also quite good). Probably what I will do next is get the lilacs extended, I really like that one (it used to be just black leaves, but my new artist colored the leaves and added the lilacs, they are great!)

#16 ·
Count me in! I only have one tattoo(lack of $$ and talented tattoo artists in the area) of Kokopelli. I also have several piercings,but they are slowly diminishing- a few months ago I took out my nipple rings(getting ready for when baby comes),and I had changed my labret from a post to a ring,and the ring actually started to cut my mouth wide open,so I took THAT ONE out too
(why deal w/ those kind of problems?)

#21 ·
I am totally boring, one tat, and the standard ears. However, I have plans for any money I get for my birthday. (My family gives cash for birthdays, wahoo!) I am getting a faerie tattoo, probably on my right shoulder. I will probably also go for a pierce.

My friend Sharon is a riot. Her ears have about 8 piercings each, her eybrow, the bridge of her nose, and her belly. She has too many tats to count. Arms, torso, back of her neck and who knows where else. All are tastefully done and done very well. I am going to her artist for my work. He is also really reasonable.

#22 ·
Hi, one tattoo and several piercings here! I have a purple rose tattooed on my left shoulder. My navel, ears. septum, and nipples are pierced (nipple piercings have been removed for bf-not sure if they've closed up for good). I'm happy to see I've got plenty of company around here!

#25 ·
I have 2 tatoos.. One just above my left breast of a rose with tribal type hearts around it.. all red and black.. And one on my back of a fairy sitting on a mushroom singing.. Then i have my belly button pierced.. DH hates them all..

Funny story.. Every girl in my wedding party had tatoos... None of the guys did!!! :LOL :LOL

You can tell which one of us had more fun before we got together!!

Warm Squishy Feelings...

Dyan

#26 ·
I am the boring one in my family....ears and nose pierced...considering tatoos in future, but kindof like the contrast of my uninked skin against my dh. He has 20 tats, numerous piercings and luscious long hair.

Between us (ages 23 to 6 months) we have 10 kids, of which 8 are pierced in some way and 4 are tatooed.

None are druggies, drunks, or otherwise harmful. Lets here it for defying stereotypes!

We get a lot of looks in our community (very conservative) when we go out as a family.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.