Looking for dentist(for me) in central Phx or west valley - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-06-2007, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi--I hate going to the dentist but I've put it off long enough. Anyone know a good adult dentist in Central Phx or the West valley? I need someone super nice and very gentle--to bad I can't go to my girls' pediatric dentist whom I LOVE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2007, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This may be too far for you but I can't recommend Dr. Richard Mason enough. He's in Scottsdale. Not only have I known him most of my life, he's honest and very conservative.

When my insurance changed, he was no longer a covered provider under my plan. I went to someone new who examined me and declared I needed over $500 in work. I freaked and called Dr. Mason whom I had just seen 6 months earlier. He told me to come in and he examined me for free and said no way did I need ANY of the work that other dentist said I did.

So, I found another dentist who I saw 6 mo later - first appointment with her, she didn't find any of the things the last doctor did but she said I had a cavity between my front two teeth!!!! Can you imagine a filling between your front two teeth????

I ran screaming from her office straight to Dr. Mason - again he examined me for free and said no way - don't let them touch my teeth.

I now pay out of pocket to go see Dr. Mason. In the long run, he saves me money because he has never done unnecessary procedures. I know if he recommends something, it's really necessary.

Plus, he's very gentle, kind and easy going. I can't say enough about him.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dr. John Goodwin on Glendale and 7th avenue. I have been going to him for years and so has my whole family. Good luck!

Legal Mama to TWO homebirthed, unschooled, unvaxed, cloth diapered, mei tei loving, still breastfeeding baby girl 1/14/07 and an intact 8 pound 10 ouncer baby boy 4/5/10.

User Tag List