Mothering Forum banner

Portland Mamas- February Lovin'!

69K views 3K replies 75 participants last post by  papayapetunia 
#1 ·
Just wanted to start a new Feb thread for us!

#2,798 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyRev View Post

Yeah I need to put some effort into getting back in the mood. I'm gonna have a party when the day comes that I can throw out the bottle of lube. By the way, can anyone recommend a good brand? DH was joking about a quicky in the car last time we had a babysitter. Sadly, I couldn't even try it without my trusty bottle o' lube. Maybe I should carry it at all times?
:

ah well. I have my hot pan of gooey brownies to satisfy me for the moment.

i highly recommend getting yourself a tattoo on your hubby fave body part...
blakes an a**man, this new tat has gotten me tons of action

but seriously, we used to use lube (b/c we used to use condoms
), and i always thought they should have little single-serving packets for your purse. million dollar idea, yes??

#2,799 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama_nomad View Post
but seriously, we used to use lube (b/c we used to use condoms
), and i always thought they should have little single-serving packets for your purse. million dollar idea, yes??

They do! You can buy them in adult stores....lol. Depending on where you go, the different brands and flavors range from .25 to 1.50 each. Good luck.

#2,802 ·
I'm just sitting here not doing anything. I've actually been thinking about the dr appt I had today. Everything looks good, but what the doctor (not my normal one) said kinda bothered me. I am 37 weeks 2 days. He said that "Ideally, labor should start in the next week or so". Geez, I'm on a timeline already??? I think I only have to see this guy one more time and then I'm back to my other doc. At least the nurse is supportive...lol.

#2,804 ·
I was... umm.... busy.
getting ua violated.

and, it just so happens that afterwards i said to dh "gosh, i LOVE that lube!" and i was gonna share the recc with you all anyway, and then nadine ASKED, and it was just TOO perfect! so, here it is:

Liquid Silk

I don't know what it has in it...so if there's anything really bad, someone can let me know. but i am UBER sensitive to lube and most kinds sting me really bad. this is soooo slippery and you only have to put it on once and it feels so good! He said that there were also packet-sized samples you could buy, but he just went with the big pump bottle. I love having a pump bottle, too. With the tube I can never feel how much I'm squeezing out, if it's dark, and then I end up getting waaay too much. anyway....
: if i'm up all night again having contractions, you guys will know why.

Quote:

duuuuuudddde, Blake was ON the 700 club!!! they tricked him and cam eto his piercing shop in NY, said they were from CNN (really it was CBN) and did a piece on him. he showed them around, explained everything he does very professionally (when you meet blake you'll get it--he's uber-professional and takes his job waaaay seriously.) then they ran the piece on the 700 club as "piercing: the devil's work" and when off about how it's mulilation. not shitting you. he has the tape. we'll have a showing.
sneaky little ba$tards! what is the 700 club, anyway???

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
I just spent the last hour playing with my SERGER!
:
:
now, good luck threading it!!

Quote:

I am one of those kids that had so many limits I did every thing behind my mothers back. I am so surprised I do not have several children by different fathers (I am hoping you understand what I mean by this, not judging), have some disease, or dead. I can tell some tales from my teenage years that shock most people because gasp "kids don't do stuff like that".
I can't even imagine this... you and nadine, the sweetest women ever... "Bad Girls"???
I will definitely need to hear stories sometime.
I had a problem with boys. But other than that I was a pretty "good" kid. My parents were pretty overprotective, but I could talk to my mom about anything, so I think that really helped.

Quote:

mamajessica or others, do you think priority is too long with the way i am packing it?
i bet 2 day is fine...it's pretty cold outside--i don't think it's in danger of melting or anything.

Quote:

Where is everyone?
answered that one already...

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhisperV View Post
I'm just sitting here not doing anything. I've actually been thinking about the dr appt I had today. Everything looks good, but what the doctor (not my normal one) said kinda bothered me. I am 37 weeks 2 days. He said that "Ideally, labor should start in the next week or so". Geez, I'm on a timeline already??? I think I only have to see this guy one more time and then I'm back to my other doc. At least the nurse is supportive...lol.
:puke are you KIDDING me?! you are 37 weeks! did you plug your ears when he said that and start going "la la la la...."?!? I'm glad there are others there that are supportive... how's your other doc?

#2,805 ·
The supportive doc isn't in any hurry. He said 'babies come when they come.'
I actually had to stifle a laugh when Dr Merrill said the thing about the next week or so. I could see the nurse rolling her eyes. It was quite funny.
I was thinking today about dates. Both of my other kids were extracted exactly 18 days before my due date. If this one decided to 'join the trend' and be born 18 days early, that would be...Sunday. EEK! Not that I would expect that, but I'm so not ready. I just barely got a couple of baby outfits washed! Lucky isn't done crocheting his blanket either. That HAS to be done first.

#2,806 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
Mamanurse - maybe you should take the hospital world by storm and work in the mama baby unit or OB and show them how it SHOULD be done

No way!!! I could never work on a unit where I disagree with nearly every policy. It's really unfortunate, but nurses who don't necessarily agree with L&D policies are still forced to comply. Your license and your job are on the line. You can certainly bend the rules, but you could still get in "trouble."

In reality, I would love to work at a freestanding birth center with CNMs and a backup OB for the OR. It would be nice to take all the policies out of birthing and just let women do their thing.

Quote:

I just spent the last hour playing with my SERGER! In fact I played so much I ran one spool out of thread and had to stop because I don't think I can thread it by myself right now.
Lucky me it came pre threaded.
So once the kids are asleep it is serging time. How the H*ll do you do corners on a serger?(
Yay!

Quote:

Where is everyone?
Having our Friday night oral UA violation

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breana View Post
Liquid Silk
LOVE IT!!!!

#2,807 ·
Quote:

The supportive doc isn't in any hurry. He said 'babies come when they come.'

yaaaaaay... that's what we like to hear!

Quote:

Lucky isn't done crocheting his blanket either. That HAS to be done first.
I thought my DH was the only one who crocheted blankets for his babies.
That is soooo sweet! Tell him to get a move on!!! Especially if the baby's "supposed" to come sometime in the next week!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamanurse View Post
No way!!! I could never work on a unit where I disagree with nearly every policy. It's really unfortunate, but nurses who don't necessarily agree with L&D policies are still forced to comply. Your license and your job are on the line. You can certainly bend the rules, but you could still get in "trouble."
That's so true... I could totally understand this. I haven't wanted to doula anymore, cause I just can't stand to be a part of the stuff going on in the hospital--it makes me SO
...and I didn't have to worry about my license or my job...gosh, that would be HARD!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamanurse View Post
Having our Friday night oral UA violation

Didn't you get the memo, Allison???
:

#2,808 ·
OMG ladies, we are going to get suspended with all of this UA talk.....hey, Breana, i thought you WEREN"T ready to have the baby yet? hahahaha.....take it when you can get before it's too late! there must be something in the air b/c B and enjoyed a little "afternoon delight" as well while the kids were at a friends house. woo-hoo for UA violations. and brownies. i made some of those, too.

RE:
"Ideally, labor should start in the next week or so"

ideally for WHO?? maybe this is not why he said it but, it pisses me off when people project pregnancy feelings on to someone else like "bet you can't wait to ge that thing out of you..." well no actually, how often in your life do you get to have a life inside of you, dude? when i had isadore 5 weeks early i felt totally gipped. again i don't know what that dr. poohead was thinking. i am rambling b/c the more i type the less brownies i eat.

#2,809 ·
:

WELLLLLLL...
: We couldn't do it all week, cause I didn't feel like it was safe. Now, I'm officially 37 weeks, and I don't have to feel guilty keeping DH up tonight if I'm up having contractions, since he doesn't have to work in the morning, AND I'm preparing for no more ua violating during the week, cause I don't want to have the baby while he's at work. Not like we can control it!!
... But that was my logic

#2,815 ·
Quote:

Didn't you get the memo, Allison???
:

Quote:

WELLLLLLL...
: We couldn't do it all week, cause I didn't feel like it was safe. Now, I'm officially 37 weeks, and I don't have to feel guilty keeping DH up tonight if I'm up having contractions, since he doesn't have to work in the morning, AND I'm preparing for no more ua violating during the week, cause I don't want to have the baby while he's at work. Not like we can control it!!
... But that was my logic

This is the "deposit" theory of UA violation. You put it in the bank when you can on the weekend so it accrues interest. Then you can "dole" it out during the week.

No worky worky 'til Tuesday

Wine, wine, wine. Oh how I'm loving my second glass of wine.

#2,816 ·
Where I was was out at the hardware store picking up some tools which would allow Gary to take apart the washing machine to discover that, unless something ELSE is wrong, the reason it isn't working is an easily and cheaply (assuming we can find it!) replaced plastic part. Which we will go hunting for tomorrow - wish us luck. Right before baby comes is NOT the time to be without a washer! (And while paying the midwife is NOT the time to be buying a new one!
)

#2,817 ·
The baby has a name, but it is a secret. So, for now, Kylin has been calling it "Secret" whenever anyone asks her what the baby's name is. You think we could teach her to say "UA Violation" instead??

Jenn, have a glass for me, too, pleeeeeeease??
Oh, and I LOVE the "deposit" theory! Literally, AND theoretically...
:

Arwyn, obviously you did not get the memo, either. Jenn, did we forget to send it out???

Good luck finding exactly the right cheap plastic part your washer requires. May the force be with you.

Leah (ahhh...as in Princess...just as I eluded to above-- ACK
: !), now I forgot what I was gonna say... oh yes-- DORK NIGHT over here, too. We are most definitely sistah's
Oh, and my nickname from my daddy growing up was Princess... so, I can use it lovingly for you...especially since we are related.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.