Looking for stuff to do in Salina, Lawrence, or Topeka - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-02-2007, 03:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas!

I've lurked for a while off and on, but am finally posting tonight for the first time.

I'm Lindsay, DH is Brandon, and we are the parents of 3.5 year old and 21 month old homebirthed sons, with another on the way in May. We're in Wichita.

I'm meeting another mom up north next week, and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me a good activity or place to go that's not terribly expensive for moms and 4 young kids in Salina, Lawrence, or Topeka.

Any help at all is much appreciated.
#2 of 5 Old 02-03-2007, 11:19 AM

Hi NeonandHankysmum:

I live in Lawrence and would recommend the Prairie Park Nature Center which is free. They have lots of animals inside, a preschool room w/ books and games, and even a nature preserve w/ a small lake (which is beautifully frozen over right now!)

Have a fun trip!

Mama to two sweet girls, Flowerbaby (2) and Moongirl (9)
#3 of 5 Old 02-04-2007, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you!
#4 of 5 Old 02-04-2007, 07:02 PM

I grew up in Salina Ks and the Smoky Hill museum is fun and it's free. I have taken my 5 children there before and they wanted to go back the next day.
#5 of 5 Old 02-09-2007, 05:36 PM

I grew up in Salina, so I could probably also give you a list of all things there aren't in central kansas! I have been very impressed with the Rolling Hills Zoo. We live near Boston now, and the experience of a day at Rolling Hills beats anything we can do in Boston hands down. Especially since it is virtually empty whenever we are there. It is a beautiful facility, and there is plenty of running room. Without the crowds of Boston and New York, it is much more relaxing for me and the kids don't really know the difference. The zoo in Wichita is also great, but you can't beat the emptyness and space of Rolling Hills Ranch (the museum is good too). I also hear rumor from my sister that there is some sort of indoor water park in McPherson, but I haven't been there.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page