North Idaho Question (CDA area) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-06-2007, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted a while ago about life in Northern Idaho and thanks for all the responses. The BF and I are giving this move a more serious consideration and plan to try and sell our house in June and make a move up north (we are in South Central ID right now) We have been looking at real estate up there and have found a lot of nice places/acerage in the area - many in Rathdrum

On a map it doesn't look too far from CDA, which we would most likely be working in. How is the town of Rathdrum? Is there much to do? The reason we are moving from here is because there is not much for a child to do (pop of town is 550). How is the commute to CDA?

Anything else you might want to add about the area would be helpful. We are also looking at homes in CDA and post falls. Any areas we should stay away from?

Thanks so much!
~m~

\m/

#2 of 2 Old 02-06-2007, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rathdrum itself isn't exactly the most interesting place, but it has the basic necessities -- Granny's Pantry is a great little restaurant! There are two decent grocery stores and a smattering of other shops. Twin Lakes golf course is very close by.

The advantage to Rathdrum -- and I think it's a smart move -- is that it has what you need and is close to everything else that's fun. I think it would take you 20 - 30 minutes to get into CdA from there. Post Falls is also pretty close and has the outlet malls and, from what I hear, a great sushi restaurant.

Rathdrum is 30 - 45 minutes from so many wonderful spots -- gorgeous lakes, ski areas, parks, trails... yada yada yada. I think you'd be lucky to be there!

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page