Any moms in Bismarck? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 03-24-2007, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just moved to Bismarck and am looking for some other like-minded moms to get together, or have play dates with our little ones. I am a single mom of a 17 1/2 month old son, who just loves to play with other kids. We just don't know of any here yet. I am health-oriented, had a home birth, don't vaccinate, breastfeed, etc. and to the average person that is considered weird. I know there are more people like me out there, so if you're one of them please respond!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 03-26-2007, 06:18 PM

Hi! We moved to Bismarck in August. We have a 4 (almost 5) year old, a 2.5 year old and a 4 month old. There are quite a few of us on here that are in or around Bismarck.As soon as things settle down from my DH's business, I would love to get together with some of the people on here. It will probably another 2 weeks at worst.
#3 of 11 Old 03-26-2007, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Steffani! Thanks for your reply. I am looking forward to getting together!
#4 of 11 Old 03-27-2007, 12:13 AM

Hey, you are welcome to come play at our house too. I am not quite as crunchy as you (all 3 kids were hospital births and we do vaccinate), but I do breastfeed, co-sleep, wear my baby and have an open mind. We have a large fenced yard and a large playroom downstairs. I have a 4 yo, 2 yo and a 3 month old.
#5 of 11 Old 03-27-2007, 02:48 PM

I think that we should all try to meet at Barnes and Noble some time in the next couple of weeks. They have a childrens story time. I think that it is at 11 am Tuesday and 7 pm Fridays. There is also the Heritage Center and the Capitol. I don't know exactly when the zoo opens, but there are also parks that we could all meet at. Let me know what you all think.
#6 of 11 Old 03-27-2007, 04:49 PM

The zoo is open year round, weather permitting. Their winter hours are on the weekends (Fri-Sun) 1 pm - 5pm. My kids always love going there, especially to ride on the train.

I've never taken my kids to the Heritage Center. I didn't realize it had a kid's area. I keep meaning to take my kids to the story time at the library (they have both a preschool and a toddler time), but I always forget or don't want to take all 3 kids by myself when DH is at work.

This is my DH's weekend off, so we should be able to plan something.
#7 of 11 Old 03-27-2007, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

We were going to visit the zoo but it was kind of chilly, but maybe soon we can go. I work full time now, and my mom watches my son all day until 5. So I have evenings and weekends free to do story time, or play together. I would be available for story time in the evening. Maybe if the weather is warmer this weekend we can meet at a park, or at the zoo.
#8 of 11 Old 03-27-2007, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Hey ndakkitten, my son would love it at your house!
#9 of 11 Old 03-28-2007, 10:09 AM

I know what you mean about taking three kids out : . I have done it, but I end up all cranky and need a nap . DH said it should be nice this weekend, maybe the zoo would be an option. We have church on Sunday and we try to do our shopping right after. I am working on our embarassingly nasty apartment. I hope to have that all done by Saturday morning. The kids took a ton of construction paper and cut it up into little itty bitty pieces. The Heritage Center is open on Saturday. The kids section is small but my kids enjoyed the rest of it, too. They had a few dinosaurs and other neat things.
#10 of 11 Old 03-29-2007, 12:18 AM

I just found out that DH is on call this weekend. Next WE is Easter. It will probably two WE for us. We are free to meet in the middle of the week.
#11 of 11 Old 05-18-2007, 06:05 AM

I'm adding to this really late! I am a single Bismarck mom too! my DD is 3 I EBF, cosleep, am post veg (was for 2 years), am no longer vaxing (I did the first year for a simple reason of lack of knowledge), and would definently have a homebirth with any more kids. I am a full time student but took the summer off, and I'm seeking entertainment! We have baby chickens we are raising right now but, are otherwise utterly bored. Let me know if you guys make a plan at my email address under my profile (Thunderkitty20@gmail.com) Pleease because I rarely check this tribe thread. Thanks!! Oh and there are a few other moms in the area that will hopefully post later...OH and you are all hereby summoned to sign up at the truly giant colossal north dakota family guide here!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page