Not Mamas...YET - Part IX (April/May 2007) - Page 25 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#721 of 888 Old 05-25-2007, 05:57 PM
 
~Shanna~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Stumbling from knowing to doing
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
Yes I've seen it and I felt quite disturbed by it (even before that icky bit at the end) - what are your thoughts?
Ileft some thoughts over here, but mostly I was surprised by how gross it was. That scene with the pedophile and his date in the car gave me some serious nightmares last night - it scared me the way that a horror movie scares me.

I really, really hated it . Even Kate coudn't save it for me
And y'all know how I feel about Kate.....
~Shanna~ is offline  
#722 of 888 Old 05-26-2007, 07:23 AM
 
ErikaLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone!

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
ErikaLeigh is offline  
#723 of 888 Old 05-26-2007, 09:31 AM
 
snozzberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TX
Posts: 2,039
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
So in other news, my OPK strips haven't reported a surge yet, so I'm thinking on our very first month we jumped the gun a little bit.
Is it poor taste to quote yourself? I just wanted to let y'all know that I met with my naturopath yesterday and mentioned this. She said that 10-15% of the population has an LH surge that can't be registered on these tests. And we looked at the data from that month-long saliva test I did, and sure enough--the LH was low! So no worries. Also, I checked peeonastick.com, and the OPK strips I bought happen to have the worst sensitivity of all those listed. Oops.

This morning, my temp jumped a wee bit, and I'm on cloud nine over it looking like I actually discovered all by myself when my little body ovulated!!! Plus, I ovulated much earlier in my cycle this time...I just have a perma-grin on my face this morning. Those BCP hormones might finally be leaving the building!

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
Poor DH tried BS yesterday for the first time (before he was massaging the natural oils down the hair shafts with a washcloth, as suggested by a no-poo article we read). Except he kinda dumped the BS in his hair, without mixing it in anything Maybe if we mixed it with ACV it would have been much better.
Maybe you can try mixing it with water first. I haven't heard of mixing BS and ACV together. That seems like it would make a volcano?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna4000 View Post
Oh, on the ACV stinging your eyes: I mix mine in one of those plastic cosmetic containers where the spout flips up (kind of like a penis . Do you know the kind I mean?). It makes it easier to get the ACV flowing directly to my scalp, so I hardly ever get any anywhere but my scalp. I got mine at my CoOp.
Oooh...good idea! I will get myself to the store and ask them where they keep the penis bottles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFoley View Post
Wow did that honey feel great! Especially since it had been sitting for a while and had crystalized so I ot a nice sugar scrub thing going. Awesome, thanks! I managed to not do too bad with the white vinegar on my face but bleck did it taste bad.
You can also mix the honey with brown sugar to make a scrub!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengingophelia View Post
I'm Grace, nearly-28, live in Austin Texas with my partner and my dogs (two of my own plus two fosters right now) and cats (two). Partner (Mark) and I haven't decided yet for sure whether or not we're going to have kids, but if we do, it won't be for a few years yet, and we're likely to go with adoption rather than birth. I have some medical issues that might make getting pregnant/carrying a kid/birth tough on me, and we're both drawn to adoption anyway. But like I said, that's down the road, if at all. It may just be the dogs.

Anyway, hi, thanks for having me!
Welcome, Grace! I live in Austin too. We have a similar furkid contingent, though we're at 3 dogs and 2 cats, 2 of the dogs being fosters that we decided to keep! Which rescue group do you work with, if you don't mind me asking? Feel free to PM the answer or not answer at all...I'll understand.

How did you find out about mothering.com?

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

snozzberry is offline  
#724 of 888 Old 05-26-2007, 12:36 PM
 
Maela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,439
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sihaya, are you still the one updating this thread?
My birthday was the other day - I'm 26 now. If you can please update my age, that would be great! Thanks. :


to all the new NMYs that have joined lately!!

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
Maela is offline  
#725 of 888 Old 05-26-2007, 01:40 PM
 
jodib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: VA - running to the North!
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HI all - Just checking in to say that I'm still here lurking a lot - not much time to write with the school year coming to an end in 2 weeks - adn all the MW and Ped appointments - trying to get things settles and arranged....

WELCOME to all the newbies

I updated the pic in my siggy to my 30 week one. I'll take a 31 week one soon... Still doing fine, just hoping the baby becomes head-down soon....

***FOR all you TTC mamas: I found that the best sticks to get were the ones that were the drug store brands with the blue lines.... the pink line ones never did squat -and they never showed lines for me - the blue ones are the way to go!

Well I'm on my laptop between 2 sleeping kitties, and I'm getting tired too. DH and I worked on filling in sink-holes in our yard (from when the house was built 3 years ago) and he hauled the dirt - I raked it.... plus the neighbor's dog barked AGAIN for an hour in the middle of the night. Tuesday it was at 3am, Thursday it was at 5am, and last night at 1am.... I called them on the phone at 1am after being awoken and it didn't stop - and asked them to keep their dog quiet. THey did go out and do something, because I only heard it bark once again around 4.... But they were SLEEPING when I called at 1am! How could they still be asleep when their dog had been howling for over an hour?????

-Ah well, it's nap time... I'll de-lurk again when I can.... Only 8 more school days!!!!!

-Jodi
jodib is offline  
#726 of 888 Old 05-26-2007, 02:30 PM
 
blizzard_babe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Land of Beer and Cheese, baby.
Posts: 4,910
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't have a lot of time (just popped into school to pick up labels to price the stuff I'm selling in a rummage sale), but I just wanted to say WELCOME NEWBIES!

Oh, and DF said, "Let's have babies!" last night. I think he's getting close to ready. All signs point to soon, unless we decide to wait until we're back in the Lower 48.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
blizzard_babe is offline  
#727 of 888 Old 05-26-2007, 04:00 PM
 
MBFoley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Keene, KY
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
We have a similar furkid contingent, though we're at 3 dogs and 2 cats, 2 of the dogs being fosters that we decided to keep! Which rescue group do you work with, if you don't mind me asking? Feel free to PM the answer or not answer at all...I'll understand.
'nother dog person here! We have 5 dogs and a cat. One of the dogs is a rescue foster that I decided to keep. I have fostered in the past for a doberman rescue group and then Pixie I was fostering for a dachsund group from West Virginia. We are at our personal dog limit right now or I would try to foster. I lvoe to do transport runs for the rescue groups when I can.
MBFoley is offline  
#728 of 888 Old 05-26-2007, 05:04 PM
 
kandace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have 2 dogs, 2 cats, and 2 horses. My mother used to call the horses "expensive lawn ornaments" since we don't ride as much as we should!
kandace is offline  
#729 of 888 Old 05-26-2007, 07:02 PM
 
Angelorum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,029
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay Snozz! You O'd! I'm so excited for you.

Anyone hitting Memorial day sales this weekend? I just got back from the fabric store. I really need some new clothes, and I just got a blouse and a dress for $20! Now I just have to sew them....

So, the other day I was kind of lamenting not being able to start TTC sooner. Me and dh both really want me to have a degree before we have kids, and that will be a while, maybe even longer than we originally thought due to schools that are stupid. I'm only 24, but I want to have lots of kids; 4 or 5 maybe. And I was thinking the longer we wait to start, the older I'm going to be when they all leave the nest. And then I stopped and realized that that particular worry is based on the idea that I am not going to enjoy mothering older children/ teenagers and am just going to want them to get out of the house. Of course we all know teenage children can be worry-some, but I don't think I'm going to love them any less as they get older. And I'm not dreading the teenage years with my future children, I think it's just an idea planted in my head by tv shows etc, that parenting teens is awful and you just can't wait for them to grow up and move out. I guess all that is to say that I have found a little more peace with our current timeline/plan.

Mommy to DS1 bouncy.gifJuly '09 and DS2 baby.gif Oct '12

 

Angelorum is online now  
#730 of 888 Old 05-26-2007, 09:13 PM
 
snozzberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TX
Posts: 2,039
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodib View Post
I updated the pic in my siggy to my 30 week one. I'll take a 31 week one soon... Still doing fine, just hoping the baby becomes head-down soon....
What a beautiful belly!

And thanks for the OPK stick tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post
Oh, and DF said, "Let's have babies!" last night. I think he's getting close to ready. All signs point to soon, unless we decide to wait until we're back in the Lower 48.
Wow, congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelorum View Post
Yay Snozz! You O'd! I'm so excited for you.
Hehe. I never thought I'd be sharing details like this with anyone besides DH, let alone people I've never met before! But I knew you guys would "get" why I was so happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelorum View Post
And I was thinking the longer we wait to start, the older I'm going to be when they all leave the nest. And then I stopped and realized that that particular worry is based on the idea that I am not going to enjoy mothering older children/ teenagers and am just going to want them to get out of the house. Of course we all know teenage children can be worry-some, but I don't think I'm going to love them any less as they get older. And I'm not dreading the teenage years with my future children, I think it's just an idea planted in my head by tv shows etc, that parenting teens is awful and you just can't wait for them to grow up and move out. I guess all that is to say that I have found a little more peace with our current timeline/plan.
I think you're right about the "teenagers are awful" message. I'm looking forward to the time when they're out of the house and starting their own lives. I can't wait to see who they become and what sort of lives they have...

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

snozzberry is offline  
#731 of 888 Old 05-26-2007, 10:54 PM
 
MujerMamaMismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,733
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaLeigh View Post
Hey everyone!
Hi! Great to see you here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maela View Post
Sihaya, are you still the one updating this thread?
My birthday was the other day - I'm 26 now. If you can please update my age, that would be great! Thanks. :
Happy Birthday. Hope you had a gorgeous day - indeed your final non-mama birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post

Oh, and DF said, "Let's have babies!" last night. I think he's getting close to ready. All signs point to soon, unless we decide to wait until we're back in the Lower 48.
Yay - that's very exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelorum View Post
I'm only 24, but I want to have lots of kids; 4 or 5 maybe. And I was thinking the longer we wait to start, the older I'm going to be when they all leave the nest. And then I stopped and realized that that particular worry is based on the idea that I am not going to enjoy mothering older children/ teenagers and am just going to want them to get out of the house. Of course we all know teenage children can be worry-some, but I don't think I'm going to love them any less as they get older. And I'm not dreading the teenage years with my future children, I think it's just an idea planted in my head by tv shows etc, that parenting teens is awful and you just can't wait for them to grow up and move out. I guess all that is to say that I have found a little more peace with our current timeline/plan.
That's interesting. I'm going to ponder on these thoughts a bit longer. Whilst I know that I'll be sad when my little babies get bigger, I think I'm up for the challenge of teenagers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFoley View Post
'nother dog person here! We have 5 dogs and a cat. One of the dogs is a rescue foster that I decided to keep. I have fostered in the past for a doberman rescue group and then Pixie I was fostering for a dachsund group from West Virginia. We are at our personal dog limit right now or I would try to foster. I lvoe to do transport runs for the rescue groups when I can.
How do you people house and feed all these animals? We have 2 cats and a dog and really feel like we've overdone it! But then we live in a small 2 bedroom terrace with a very small garden and neighbours 1 metre away! Y'all are gonna tell me about the acres you live on now, aren't you?? (BTW - I'm truly a dog person - I'd choose dogs anyday but multiple dogs in our house are simply out of the question.)

PiePie - forgot to thank you earlier for the Kitzinger recommendation. You are certainly right about steering clear of the Sears. I've done nothing more than flick through one of their books in Borders and been pretty shocked by their social conservatism. I have two of Kitzingers Birth and Pregnancy books and have read bits and pieces that I really liked. One even appears to have pics of a lesbian couples birth in it. I really want to read Kitzingers 'The politics of birth' but it's soooo expensive ($60 for a thin paperback) and unavailable in the libraries around here. Has anyone read it?

Snozz - So you O'ed, right? yay....but did you dtd?

So today I'm writing an essay about urban slums as caused by policies of the World Bank and the IMF and even though I've known all this stuff for years I'm getting SOOO angry! These organisations should be charged with genocide. Grrrr. I highly recommend Planet of Slums by Mike Davis to anyone who is interested in the urbanisation and environment debate.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

MujerMamaMismo is offline  
#732 of 888 Old 05-26-2007, 11:07 PM
 
PiePie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: completely present with my children
Posts: 7,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TIMING STARTING TTC: I don't mean to sound bitter, but I would be less than honest if I didn't disclose my current situation. I was overcome by this desire to TTC much earlier than the schedule DH and I had originally agreed upon, and by baby steps he moved toward my direction. Now I'm pregnant and very angry that DH isn't stepping up to the plate on baby preparation stuff. Perhaps it would have been like this if we had stuck with our original timeline...I don't know...lots of women on MDC say that about their partners who were not actually pregnant... At first it was very lonely. I still struggle with feelings of abandonment, but I am also much more aware of Roo as my sidekick -- it's me and him/her, and while I would love for DH to come around and play our game, Roo makes up for the sense of feeling abandoned by DH. It's hard though -- I wouldn't wish this on anyone. No one told me about it before I got pregnant, although now several of my friends have since told me they went through the same thing with their partners (all male, FWIW), and their partners are now involved parents. I don't wish we hadn't tried when we did conceive Roo...(s)he is my perfect baby, conceived on that day, and nothing will take that away. It just never occurred to me in my wildest dreams that my partner would dread rather than rejoice in baby stuff.
PiePie is offline  
#733 of 888 Old 05-26-2007, 11:15 PM
 
MujerMamaMismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,733
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
TIMING STARTING TTC: I don't mean to sound bitter, but I would be less than honest if I didn't disclose my current situation. I was overcome by this desire to TTC much earlier than the schedule DH and I had originally agreed upon, and by baby steps he moved toward my direction. Now I'm pregnant and very angry that DH isn't stepping up to the plate on baby preparation stuff. Perhaps it would have been like this if we had stuck with our original timeline...I don't know...lots of women on MDC say that about their partners who were not actually pregnant... At first it was very lonely. I still struggle with feelings of abandonment, but I am also much more aware of Roo as my sidekick -- it's me and him/her, and while I would love for DH to come around and play our game, Roo makes up for the sense of feeling abandoned by DH. It's hard though -- I wouldn't wish this on anyone. No one told me about it before I got pregnant, although now several of my friends have since told me they went through the same thing with their partners (all male, FWIW), and their partners are now involved parents. I don't wish we hadn't tried when we did conceive Roo...(s)he is my perfect baby, conceived on that day, and nothing will take that away. It just never occurred to me in my wildest dreams that my partner would dread rather than rejoice in baby stuff.
- I just read about your most recent issue elsewhere on MDC - I know that virtual love and support is not.the.same but it is here if and when you need it.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

MujerMamaMismo is offline  
#734 of 888 Old 05-26-2007, 11:35 PM
 
snozzberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TX
Posts: 2,039
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
Snozz - So you O'ed, right? yay....but did you dtd?
Um, yes. Lots. FIVE days in a row! DH and I both agreed we're a little "done" with it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
So today I'm writing an essay about urban slums as caused by policies of the World Bank and the IMF and even though I've known all this stuff for years I'm getting SOOO angry! These organisations should be charged with genocide. Grrrr. I highly recommend Planet of Slums by Mike Davis to anyone who is interested in the urbanisation and environment debate.
That book is going on my to-read list and on my political book club list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
Now I'm pregnant and very angry that DH isn't stepping up to the plate on baby preparation stuff.
I'm sorry you're going through that. I hope that hearing from others in similar situations is helping you feel less alone.

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

snozzberry is offline  
#735 of 888 Old 05-26-2007, 11:43 PM
 
MBFoley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Keene, KY
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
How do you people house and feed all these animals? We have 2 cats and a dog and really feel like we've overdone it! But then we live in a small 2 bedroom terrace with a very small garden and neighbours 1 metre away! Y'all are gonna tell me about the acres you live on now, aren't you?? (BTW - I'm truly a dog person - I'd choose dogs anyday but multiple dogs in our house are simply out of the question.)
No actually we are a little squeezed on our 3/4 of an acre with the 5 dogs and 19 chickens. The dogs are all in the house, neither of us would have it any other way even though #1 our house is maybe 900 square feet and #2 we have to keep one of the dogs seperate do to her not liking my 3. The cat lives with my mom right now. The dogs all finally settled in and all is quiet, we hate to upset the apple cart by bringing the cat in so for now we are at a standoff. We are about to add about a dozen rabbits to our zoo though lol.
MBFoley is offline  
#736 of 888 Old 05-27-2007, 12:12 AM
 
Alcyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
Hehe. I never thought I'd be sharing details like this with anyone besides DH, let alone people I've never met before! But I knew you guys would "get" why I was so happy.
I have to because just recently I mentioned something to DH from a TTC thread, and he asked, "doesn't anybody ever call 'TMI'?" It reminded me of a time years ago when I was on a completely non-TTC/parenting forum, and someone had an ovulation countdown in their signature. I was thinking, "why do I want to know that??" But now it seems totally normal to discuss that here. I'm still pretty sure I wouldn't put that in my sig in a non-related forum though.

Today at work, I got tired of everyone and their brother asking me what kind of job I will get after I move. I finally told one of my co-workers I was not planning to get a job after I move, as I want to SAHM. The response? "That seems like an awful waste of intelligence." I guess only stupid people can SAHM. Maybe I should have stayed in the SAHM-closet? :
Alcyone is offline  
#737 of 888 Old 05-27-2007, 12:16 AM
 
Alcyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelorum View Post
So, the other day I was kind of lamenting not being able to start TTC sooner. Me and dh both really want me to have a degree before we have kids, and that will be a while, maybe even longer than we originally thought due to schools that are stupid. I'm only 24, but I want to have lots of kids; 4 or 5 maybe. And I was thinking the longer we wait to start, the older I'm going to be when they all leave the nest. And then I stopped and realized that that particular worry is based on the idea that I am not going to enjoy mothering older children/ teenagers and am just going to want them to get out of the house.
You know, this makes me feel a bit better. I want to have a large-ish family and sometimes I get a bit down that I haven't been able to start on that sooner (I'm 29). I think you make a great point.
Alcyone is offline  
#738 of 888 Old 05-27-2007, 05:20 AM
 
oneKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,703
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
I think you're right about the "teenagers are awful" message. I'm looking forward to the time when they're out of the house and starting their own lives. I can't wait to see who they become and what sort of lives they have...
I wish my parents would be that happy. It's all "I wish you would do ...... and Isn't it kindof soon?" Always questioning me or trying to guilt trip me into THEIR idea of what my life should be. *SIGH*

Good luck on all that sex Snozz! I know how you sometimes get a little "overdone" with it for a while, but since I always get post-O cramps because my cervix tries to excape my body we are usually avoiding each other for a few days anyway.

Alcyone that was a TERRIBLE thing for someone to say! Although, I have thought similar things myself though. My mom went into debt for like the first 10 years of my life to pay off student loans even though she was a SAHM. I always thought it was a pretty darn wasteful use of the degree. She's a bank teller now, no special degree required. I still think she could've avoided the whole debt issue. It's my whole anti-debt philosophy, because I intend to be a SAHM myself so I'm all for that.
oneKnight is offline  
#739 of 888 Old 05-27-2007, 07:20 AM
 
snozzberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TX
Posts: 2,039
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm about to run off and volunteer this morning, but I wanted to ask y'all a question about something that's making me nervous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneKnight View Post
Good luck on all that sex Snozz! I know how you sometimes get a little "overdone" with it for a while, but since I always get post-O cramps because my cervix tries to excape my body we are usually avoiding each other for a few days anyway.
So speaking of post-O cramps, I usually get them pre- or post-O, and I got them yesterday. But what is making me nervous is I also got some spotting. TMI: It's not just brown, either. There was some bright red too. And this morning, I woke up to more bright red. It's more than I can just wipe away, so I have to wear a panty liner.

I've never experienced this before. I did some searching, and it sounds like ovulatory bleeding can happen, but I can't find any clear info on whether bright red is okay. It's just really weird because I've never bled like this without starting my period!

Have any of you ever experienced this?

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

snozzberry is offline  
#740 of 888 Old 05-27-2007, 07:25 AM
 
MujerMamaMismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,733
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
I'm about to run off and volunteer this morning, but I wanted to ask y'all a question about something that's making me nervous...

So speaking of post-O cramps, I usually get them pre- or post-O, and I got them yesterday. But what is making me nervous is I also got some spotting. TMI: It's not just brown, either. There was some bright red too. And this morning, I woke up to more bright red. It's more than I can just wipe away, so I have to wear a panty liner.

I've never experienced this before. I did some searching, and it sounds like ovulatory bleeding can happen, but I can't find any clear info on whether bright red is okay. It's just really weird because I've never bled like this without starting my period!

Have any of you ever experienced this?
Could it be implantation bleeding? Usually bleeding happens in 6-12 DPO and is usually just a pinkish/brownish discharge but it can be real blood too...

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

MujerMamaMismo is offline  
#741 of 888 Old 05-27-2007, 07:46 AM
 
snozzberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TX
Posts: 2,039
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
Could it be implantation bleeding? Usually bleeding happens in 6-12 DPO and is usually just a pinkish/brownish discharge but it can be real blood too...
While I would love to think that, I don't think that's likely. I had EWCM on CD 16, and I'm now on CD 20, with the spotting starting yesterday at CD 19. I could have ovulated anywhere from CD 16 to CD 18 because my temp shift might be a bit delayed per my naturopath.

Is it possible I'm starting my period? I just went to the bathroom and there's definitely more than yesterday...a little clotty looking even. Should I be worried about this, i.e. should I see a doctor about it? I'll do more searching...

Here's my chart if any of the charting experts out there want to take a look: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/173405

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

snozzberry is offline  
#742 of 888 Old 05-27-2007, 07:59 AM
 
MujerMamaMismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,733
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
While I would love to think that, I don't think that's likely. I had EWCM on CD 16, and I'm now on CD 20, with the spotting starting yesterday at CD 19. I could have ovulated anywhere from CD 16 to CD 18 because my temp shift might be a bit delayed per my naturopath.

Is it possible I'm starting my period? I just went to the bathroom and there's definitely more than yesterday...a little clotty looking even. Should I be worried about this, i.e. should I see a doctor about it? I'll do more searching...

Here's my chart if any of the charting experts out there want to take a look: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/173405
Don't worry Snozzberry - My guess is that your body is just getting over all that hormonal birth control and doing what it's gotta do to regulate. You may well be getting your period - your chart looks a bit odd - but that's in line with what your naturopath said really. If you're still bleeding tomorrow and it's definitely not your period, I'd think about worrying then but for now - relax and let your body doing whatever it has to do. And have a happy Sunday

Alternatively...maybe you had too much sex! eek

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

MujerMamaMismo is offline  
#743 of 888 Old 05-27-2007, 11:50 AM
 
Maela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,439
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
Today at work, I got tired of everyone and their brother asking me what kind of job I will get after I move. I finally told one of my co-workers I was not planning to get a job after I move, as I want to SAHM. The response? "That seems like an awful waste of intelligence." I guess only stupid people can SAHM. Maybe I should have stayed in the SAHM-closet? :
I haven't gotten quite this statement, but I have gotten statements that implied this. It makes me really angry. What do you say to something like that?



PiePie - I'm sorry you're going through this right now. Dh was a bit like this in the beginning, but it changed once he felt the baby move. And he got even better after the whole T18 scare. I'm not sticking up for your dh, but I think that it's just hard for some men to really be excited about/"fall in love with" their sons/daughters until they actually meet them. We've had them living inside of us for months now; how could we not feel like we already know our babies? But I think it's just not the same experience for men. At least that's what I've read in many books , and it makes some sense.
I'm really sorry though; I hope your dh turns around soon. Is there any aspect that he is into in regards to preparation? Could you put him in charge of that thing? Maybe it'll get him thinking...?

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
Maela is offline  
#744 of 888 Old 05-27-2007, 02:15 PM
 
~Shanna~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Stumbling from knowing to doing
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fly-by during naptime:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
Don't worry Snozzberry - My guess is that your body is just getting over all that hormonal birth control and doing what it's gotta do to regulate. You may well be getting your period - your chart looks a bit odd - but that's in line with what your naturopath said really. If you're still bleeding tomorrow and it's definitely not your period, I'd think about worrying then but for now - relax and let your body doing whatever it has to do. And have a happy Sunday

Alternatively...maybe you had too much sex! eek
I'm in total agreement with MMM, Snozz. This is a little unusual, but within the normal range - you probably know that you're worried mainly because you're hoping to be pregnant, which I can completely understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maela View Post
PiePie - I'm sorry you're going through this right now. Dh was a bit like this in the beginning, but it changed once he felt the baby move. And he got even better after the whole T18 scare. I'm not sticking up for your dh, but I think that it's just hard for some men to really be excited about/"fall in love with" their sons/daughters until they actually meet them. We've had them living inside of us for months now; how could we not feel like we already know our babies? But I think it's just not the same experience for men. At least that's what I've read in many books , and it makes some sense.
I'm really sorry though; I hope your dh turns around soon. Is there any aspect that he is into in regards to preparation? Could you put him in charge of that thing? Maybe it'll get him thinking...?
I have the sense that the men struggle with this while it still feels so abstract to them. In the words of my own DH, he was sort of surprised when a baby actually came out: "I mean, I knew he was coming, but I guess I didn't really believe it.". Does your DH have some friends who are daddies? I wonder if it's so foreign to him besides being abstract...... to you sweetie - This is probably just a step in his evolution as a dad. I have more questions about how you think he's doing, but I'll try to go find your others posts on it so I don't make you repeat yourself.
~Shanna~ is offline  
#745 of 888 Old 05-27-2007, 03:16 PM
 
snozzberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TX
Posts: 2,039
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
Don't worry Snozzberry - My guess is that your body is just getting over all that hormonal birth control and doing what it's gotta do to regulate. You may well be getting your period - your chart looks a bit odd - but that's in line with what your naturopath said really. If you're still bleeding tomorrow and it's definitely not your period, I'd think about worrying then but for now - relax and let your body doing whatever it has to do. And have a happy Sunday

Alternatively...maybe you had too much sex! eek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna4000 View Post
I'm in total agreement with MMM, Snozz. This is a little unusual, but within the normal range - you probably know that you're worried mainly because you're hoping to be pregnant, which I can completely understand.
Thanks, guys. I guess what worried me is that I think I read somewhere that mid-cycle spotting is okay, but mid-cycle bleeding is something to talk to a doctor about because you could have a cyst or something? But if it's my period starting, I actually would prefer that to waiting 2 weeks before it starts!

I'll try to do some more research to set my mind at ease. It's definitely bright red and clotty now, so maybe it is just my period. Very weird to get it so early! Even when I've had anovulatory cycles, they were just as long as my ovulatory cycles.

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

snozzberry is offline  
#746 of 888 Old 05-27-2007, 03:54 PM
 
snozzberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TX
Posts: 2,039
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
I'll try to do some more research to set my mind at ease.
Well, that didn't help. Now I'm scared that I could have a medical problem or an ectopic pregnancy. I think I better just stop researching and see what happens.

It's just scary to bleed again so soon after my last period. I'll try to forget about it for now and see what happens tomorrow.

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

snozzberry is offline  
#747 of 888 Old 05-27-2007, 04:15 PM
 
fibre_artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: East Coast, Canada
Posts: 423
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PiePie I don't think it had anything to do with your timing. I've heard similar things many times (actually just got into this discussion on another board about post-miscarriage reactions - sooo many of the partners were all about pick yourself up an move on - the baby didn't really exist for them yet). I haven't seen your other posts, so all of this could be totally off the mark.

I'm anticipating it happening with DH too - as much as he's into TTCing now, he's the kind that puts up huge avoidance/distraction screens when he's scared. I predict marathon gaming sessions, and that he'll start building something big, totally baby-unfriendly, and in the way of setting up any preparations. Probably plan big trips. But he'll turn to mush and re-vamp the entire place the day after the baby arrives (with a resulting mess that will take months to clean up). I'm counting on all the virtual and local friends I have who've also been waiting years for me to get pg will make up for all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
Today at work, I got tired of everyone and their brother asking me what kind of job I will get after I move. I finally told one of my co-workers I was not planning to get a job after I move, as I want to SAHM. The response? "That seems like an awful waste of intelligence." I guess only stupid people can SAHM. Maybe I should have stayed in the SAHM-closet? :
Sigh.
Have these people ever taken care of children? That's a test of wits if I've ever seen it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneKnight View Post
I wish my parents would be that happy. It's all "I wish you would do ...... and Isn't it kindof soon?" Always questioning me or trying to guilt trip me into THEIR idea of what my life should be. *SIGH*
I had a hypothesis about this. Little kids need structure and have a black & white view of how things work. After 12 years of providing that structure, trying to shepard a child through the world, I think it becomes automatic to some degree - after that the parents seem 2 steps behind where the kid's mind has moved to (at the same time I see what some teens are doing and FREAK OUT - for a significant period of teenhood the "consequence" centre hasn't quite developed (my mother says it's needed so that you can grow into your own person) - it's a hard balance to strike between protection and standing back). My mom can be all philosophical about it now - her youngest is 25 - she was TERRIBLE at relaxing the boundries. Love, yes. Exasperated - all. the. time.

Quote:
My mom went into debt for like the first 10 years of my life to pay off student loans even though she was a SAHM. I always thought it was a pretty darn wasteful use of the degree. She's a bank teller now, no special degree required. I still think she could've avoided the whole debt issue. It's my whole anti-debt philosophy, because I intend to be a SAHM myself so I'm all for that.
We're in HUGE student debt. Mine, much smaller, was a choice between going to graduate school or staying in my parents' 2 bedroom apartment with 5 of us - my dad had his keys in his hand as soon as I read the acceptance letter. DH's was due to some huge financial mismanagement in his family, and a learning disability which meant it took him much longer to finish his degree than the average.

We both agree that the learning experience was worth it. There is very little chance we will use our degrees (him because it's history and fine arts, me because the careers that come out of it require more than my health allows) - but that's really beside the point. Looking back at how we changed over those years - what we know now vs what we would have done had we not gone to university - priceless. We will try and remember that 20 years from now when we're still paying the second morgage called our student debt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
And this morning, I woke up to more bright red. It's more than I can just wipe away, so I have to wear a panty liner.

I've never experienced this before. I did some searching, and it sounds like ovulatory bleeding can happen, but I can't find any clear info on whether bright red is okay. It's just really weird because I've never bled like this without starting my period!
It's certainly sounding period-like now, but to answer the question above, I have gotten ovulatory bleeding, and it was red - scant, but red. I've had red spotting at various times in my cycle, as well as brown discharge, but never had any cyst problems I know of.

What you've got going there is your garden-variety "weird cycle". Document, then move on (mentioning it to your homeopath, of course). I think only when it becomes a pattern is it time to start figuring out a cause (because, trust me, as a veteran of many years of charts - a woman's cycle will not obey scientific rules - except maybe the axiom "Under strict controls of temperature, pressure and humidity, the organism will do as it darned well pleases" ).
fibre_artist is offline  
#748 of 888 Old 05-27-2007, 05:13 PM
 
witchygrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
snozzberry, I too think it is your period after a 'weird' cycle, though I'm no veteran of charting. Definitely tell your naturopath..maybe s/he know what to make of it.

Af started for me yesterday. When I entered it into FF, it took my crosshairs away again. And of course what happened today? I forgot to take my temp Whoops. Well, let's see what this cycle brings.

Come ponder with me about food!
witchygrrl is offline  
#749 of 888 Old 05-27-2007, 05:32 PM
 
silver_bird123456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi I'm not yet a Mum and would like to join!

I was invited from the welcome board a few weeks ago. I joined MDC to clebrate getting my disseration in, then got swamped with exams, portolios and job interviews : : : . Anyway I've worked hard today so come here to join as a reward!

I'm 26, prob trying to ttc in 2010 (what a wait!). My Birthday is march 16 making me a pieces.

I know it was agest ago but I'd like to answer a few q's from the thread benging as I've been thinking about them.

At the moment I'm most exctited about doing actvites from http://www.amazon.co.uk/Natures-Playground-Activities-Encourage-Children/dp/0711224919/ref=sr_1_1/026-7938116-0982866?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180296983&sr=1-1"]this[/URL] book with my future dc


It's called nature's playground and it has loads of fab games to play outside. I'm hoping to do some of them with the youth group I volunteer with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Lioness View Post
I have a question too. For those of us yet to TTC (and those TTCing and are pregnant can answer this too), how hands on will you be in conceiving? Will you chart and temp regularly to figure what exact days you are most fertile and then BD like crazy or will you take a more laid back approach and say, it will happen when it will happen? Or maybe you'll do something in between, temp and chart, but only have sex when you feel like it?

Also, will/did you celebrate the day/time you started TTCing? Like, sometimes i envision us taking a relaxing, romantic trip to celebrate TTCing and then if we conceive while away, we could be like "Our first was conceived on vacation in Tahiti." or something like that, lol. Other times im like, I want to conceive our first in the very same place that I want them to be born...at home...lovingly, simply, romantically. : *shrugs* I dunno, i guess what Im asking is, how big a deal will you/did you make of starting your TTC journey?

*ok, so thas more than two questions, lol*
I got to say I love to chart! : Somthing about really fits my personality. Plus I love to know what's going on with my body. So I think I will contiune to when we ttc. Theres a bit in TCOYF where she tells of a women who dosen't chart when ttc and spends the whole cycle being like "Is this a period, implantation spotting, a miscarge??? Whats going on!!!": I'm sure that's what I'd be like. I think I would try to make bd spontanious though. I don't like to idea of influcing the sex of my baby. timing increases the chances of having a boy and I don't want to do that.

I guess I aregee with Brown lioness on the location. At home would be romatic. But so would going back to Tenby where we honeymooned and go on our aniversiry. Still plenty of time to decided!!

Thanks for letting me share even thoug I'm late!
silver_bird123456 is offline  
#750 of 888 Old 05-27-2007, 06:48 PM
 
snozzberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TX
Posts: 2,039
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome, silver_bird123456! This thread moves pretty fast during the week sometimes, so don't feel bad if you can't read everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibre_artist View Post
It's certainly sounding period-like now, but to answer the question above, I have gotten ovulatory bleeding, and it was red - scant, but red. I've had red spotting at various times in my cycle, as well as brown discharge, but never had any cyst problems I know of.

What you've got going there is your garden-variety "weird cycle". Document, then move on (mentioning it to your homeopath, of course). I think only when it becomes a pattern is it time to start figuring out a cause (because, trust me, as a veteran of many years of charts - a woman's cycle will not obey scientific rules - except maybe the axiom "Under strict controls of temperature, pressure and humidity, the organism will do as it darned well pleases" ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
snozzberry, I too think it is your period after a 'weird' cycle, though I'm no veteran of charting. Definitely tell your naturopath..maybe s/he know what to make of it.
Thank you guys for helping me feel better! I will just assume it is AF for now.

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

snozzberry is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off