Not Mamas...YET - Part IX (April/May 2007) - Page 29 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#841 of 888 Old 05-30-2007, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At one time I investigated the worms, but the kits were very expensive. Was about to figure out how to build it myself when we moved to a place with a backyard compost bin. Actually only needed it for a year, because the city got curbside green bins the next! This city too!! I love that with the green bin versions we get to put meat scraps in too - then I can also do things like throw in the remnants from the bottom of the sink after the dishes, etc without worrying about vermin.

Wishfulthinking - do research it! With backyard bins or vermicomposting you can throw in veggie scraps, the produce that spoiled in the fridge, the moldy bread, scrapings of rice from the bottom of the pan, even the occasional paper towel (my mom always used these in the bottom of her kitchen bucket to make it easier to dump) or tissues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
I've been having a bit of an identity crisis since becoming pg and as the day we were supposed to start ttc approaches (June 1st), I am mourning the loss of that transitional time. I don't mean to be insensitive to those who have been trying for a while, but the loss of that stretch of preparatory time has been far harder on me than I could have imagined.

I have joined a few DDCs on several boards in an attempt to solidify my pg identity (despite m/s, I just don't feel pg, emotionally mostly) but I will definitely be lurking, as long as y'all promise not to go and make this place as busy as it was about 4-5 months ago - I don't think I could handle that right now!
I can understand that. I'm already seeing that I'll have the same problem, only in reverse - I've been focussed on, but not, pregnant for so long that until a child actually comes out of me I'm not sure I'll believe it.

It's a really big life change, and a surprise can totally throw you for a loop. I hope you find a way to reconcile the loss . I know that you'll be a great mom though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
So how can we welcome new members without making the old members feel left out, or at least confused?
I'm loving all the new members (although there is often a bit of a stall when a bunch come in at once and then are too shy to jump in!) - but that's partly because (a) I like to sit back at watch the discussion lots of times, so the more there are to answer instead of me, the better and (b) there is a timeless quality about the waves rolling in and out - I need people still in here to keep me company, dammit! Some days I'm all for watching tickers and knowing that those announcements have already become crawling babies - but some days, not so much.

On a more general note - I recognize that MDC is HUGE. Like small city sized (last I heard, >50 000 members?). I treat this thread, and a couple of others that I watch, like boards unto themselves. It's a little confusing, because they have to be all on one thread, but in effect we have a class-sized community right here, with frosh and graduates all the time. A little unstable - but then there are PMs and the graduates thread (which I swear I'll learn to use one of these days!!!).

Quote:
I tend to get all caught up in one positive aspect about a job, and then am inevitably disappointed when I find out that it's just a job. Gotta stop doing that.
Oh, yeah. DH does the opposite (finds one negative thing about it...). Come to think of it, I did the same thing about school (my first masters was based on one two-part course description!!), projects,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
on threads with many threads

i really don't have a problem with these big posts with lots of different conversations going on at once. i find them really fun and interesting.

but you do have to pick and choose. i mean, sometimes it's chosen for you--for example i don't know a whole lot about worm composting--and sometimes you can choose it--for example cking already got great advice about the job and i didn't see that i could add to it; or, perhaps the topic is something that doesn't interest me; or whatever.

so, i like having the active threads because i don't take anything personally. if no one responds to me, then that's fine, and i feel that i can always jump in on another's conversation and figure that out. it's fun!
Or I should have just said "yeah, that" .

zoebird - where do you wear your bathing suits? If you swim in pools, what's your stance on immersing yourself in that much chlorine? Or are you lucky enough to hang around beaches? I do now have beaches relatively near, but didn't have the means of transportation last summer. I don't think I've worn a bathing suit since 2003? I keep moving them though...
#842 of 888 Old 05-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Banned

wishfulthinking:

yeah, that's a nice two piece, but it wouldn't suit me.

i have the same body as angelina jolie (our measurements match exactly LOL), but i am too modest for a two piece. i find it amazing (in an awesome sense) when women feel comfortable in two pieces. many of my good friends feel more comfortable in them than other suits.

fibre:

i live close enough to the jersey shore to go there on day trips. i prefer open water swimming to pools in general.

i do have pool access and i hate being in so much cholrine. so much so that i actually tried to donate the money to have them switch it to ozone. it was only going to cost $100 per pool (they have 5), and the install could be done when they go in for the filter and would cost nothing, because it's self-install. the Y didn't go for it. big bummer.

so, we go to the beaches in summer when we can.
#843 of 888 Old 05-30-2007, 05:10 PM

zoebird- wish I could say I have angelina jolie's anything! Especially her body!! I do feel more comfortable in a two piece but I am a little timid about the bottoms they look more like a brazilian cut and I am not that confident. You know how it is when you get told you look great and still feel awkward.. no matter where I go work, a friends house, anywhere I get called Barbie but Barbie did not have a booty like mine!!! So I hide it with a wrap!!
#844 of 888 Old 05-30-2007, 05:10 PM

So we had to get the apt sprayed with pesticides for the bedbugs. The bedroom reeks, the rest of the apt is pretty much fine. We can't quite figure out why the bedroom smells so bad and what to do about it. So last night and tomorrow night we are sleeping over at the kids' place... their mom is coming back from Alaska tomorrow... After that, who knows, we might go on a trip.

This increases my resolve to move before we TTC. And moving into a family house feels really good, even though I wonder about how all everyone's different living habits would mesh together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaLeigh View Post
Soo um let's see

Anyone got a worm compost?
Me!

It got stinky recently, actually. The bottom part has a drain, but it doesn't completely work, a tiny bit of water is left... I have to check that part more regularly and empty it out fully from now on. So I left it outside for awhile, partly opened up, to get some more oxygen. Since then I haven't seen any worms. I think they're all in the bottom tray. I should poke around and double check. It smells fine now, though.

On the subject of bathing suits, I'll just be wearing my old suits. I have two. One is what I call my "james bond bikini"... the other is a pretty and regular one piece with a batik pattern that looks like water reflections. They have lasted me a long time!
#845 of 888 Old 05-30-2007, 06:53 PM

Someone mentioned vermicomposting! DH and I started a bin a couple months ago...the day before fishing season started. It was really easy and only cost about twenty bucks tops. We just bought two big tupperware containers, one with a lid that fit pretty snuggly on top of the other one and punched holes in the bottom and lower sides of the one with the lid. We bought a bag of peat moss as starter worm bedding and two little pots of worms from the bait shop down the street (you need to ask for trout worms...aka red wrigglers). Now that they're settled in we use ripped up newspaper/junkmail for worm bedding instead of peat moss and they don't seem to mind. They're very low maintenance, have little smell (unless we put too much in...oops), and fit right in our kitchen until it stays consistantly warm at night! We do keep having this probem though where they all decide, "Screw you humans, we're outta here!" We've figured out that they really don't care for garlic, onions, hot peppers and old curry which is sadly the mainstay of our diet. Oh, and you can't give them raw potato bits as it's ideal growing conditions. DH spent half an hour one day picking out sprouting potato bits. If we had a proper house/garden we seriously could have sowed a whole bed.

BTW...baby says "kick" which I'll interpret as "Hello online people!"

Traveling mama to DS (2) my nature boy :
#846 of 888 Old 05-30-2007, 07:27 PM

Hi! I'd like to join the Mid 2007 TTC group if I may

This cycle has thrown me a curve- appearantly I ovulated a week early- so I think I'll have to set my sights on next cycle for a BFP. However, I am getting what feels like ovulation pain as I write this and other feelings I shall divulge to DH when he gets home.... Needless to say I am not sold on the idea that the egg has sailed yet.

I am pro-BF; want to CD; anti-circ; can't wait to babywear; a crunchy-granola conservative Christian; interested in almost everything that is on the forums at MDC (including worm compositing) and currently a birth-doula apprentice. Whew!
#847 of 888 Old 05-30-2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegirl View Post
This is my th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay Karen!

Quote:
on Structural Integration

i'm looking forward to starting my SI work soon. SI is also commonly called Rolfing. it's a form of massage therapy. while i was in NZ, i worked with this amazing massage therapist, Jason, who did 7 of the first 10 treatments on me. it was the most amazing experience ever!
Never had it done to me, but there is a really nice woman at my church that is a "rolfer." I had never heard of it before. Maybe I'll have to try it out someday.

Quote:
on bathing suits

summer is here and i think i need a new suit. i'm honestly thinking of this one. but, maybe this one is better.

what are you wearing?
I vote for the white VS one.
I really need to find a maternity suit soon. We are taking the kids at work to the community pool next week and we have to get in with them.

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
#848 of 888 Old 05-30-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYJam View Post
Hi! I'd like to join the Mid 2007 TTC group if I may

This cycle has thrown me a curve- appearantly I ovulated a week early- so I think I'll have to set my sights on next cycle for a BFP. However, I am getting what feels like ovulation pain as I write this and other feelings I shall divulge to DH when he gets home.... Needless to say I am not sold on the idea that the egg has sailed yet.

I am pro-BF; want to CD; anti-circ; can't wait to babywear; a crunchy-granola conservative Christian; interested in almost everything that is on the forums at MDC (including worm compositing) and currently a birth-doula apprentice. Whew!
Welcome!!!!!!!!! You sound a lot like me...except I'm not a birth-doula apprentice. Sounds nice though...this birth will be only the second I've been at and I obviously don't remember the other one!

Traveling mama to DS (2) my nature boy :
#849 of 888 Old 05-30-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegirl View Post
Wow, you have a good memory. I accidentally killed all my worms -- twice. : I had the worm bin outside and once they died because it got too hot. So I moved the worm bin into the shade. We were away for a couple of weeks at Christmas, and it got colder than usual. The worms got too cold and died. I haven't gotten replacement worms yet. I am working on some other projects outside, then I am going to empty and clean the worm bin and start over!
We had a great worm compost for a while and then it got infested with spiders. It now sits down the bottom of the garden, ignored, probably still full of spiders. It's been there for at least 2 years :
Quote:
on threads with many threads

i really don't have a problem with these big posts with lots of different conversations going on at once. i find them really fun and interesting.

but you do have to pick and choose. i mean, sometimes it's chosen for you--for example i don't know a whole lot about worm composting--and sometimes you can choose it--for example cking already got great advice about the job and i didn't see that i could add to it; or, perhaps the topic is something that doesn't interest me; or whatever.

so, i like having the active threads because i don't take anything personally. if no one responds to me, then that's fine, and i feel that i can always jump in on another's conversation and figure that out. it's fun!
Hmmm - I can't believe that only a week ago we were having a discussion about how to get more people active on NMY!!! I just want to say that I won't always respond to everyone for exactly the reason zoebird outlined - I'm also equally happy to have my posts skimmed over. I'm sorry people have felt overwhelmed or left out. I don't think anyone should feel obliged to keep up - our physical lives are complex enough - we don't need our virtual world causing us grief too.

Look after yourselves NMY's (and our lurking graduates) - you're all wonderful women and deserve much happiness and peace.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#850 of 888 Old 05-30-2007, 10:56 PM

Quote:
on bathing suits

summer is here and i think i need a new suit. i'm honestly thinking of this one. but, maybe this one is better.

what are you wearing?
I actually really like the first one, except I think the hood would bother me after a while. I have some old blue one-piece which is not very remarkable but it fits and I can't justify spending money on another one at this particular time.
#851 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 12:26 AM

On swimsuits:
My mom always pushed very conservative one piece swimsuits or tankinis that didn't show tummy. I used to wear board shorts over the suit and be slef-conscious. Little did I know what my DH would do to me! Now I wear halter style string/tie bikini with confidence. Figured out that I was sexy (at least to him) and that he liked to see me in it, and might as well while I still have the bod for it. I immagine after I get pregnant and nurse some kids the boobies will sag and everything just won't quite look bikini ready anymore.
Zoebird, your choices seem really opposite of each other! Are those your real picks or are you just sparking discussion? I think you have to be a little bit darker skinned (I'm ghost white) in order to look good in the white suite. I think the hood would throw me on the blue one (but hey, it might keep my long hair in....)
#852 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaLeigh View Post
I just had a question, am I the only gay NMY?
Nope - I'm here and there are a few others too: :

Quote:
what are your thoughts and feelings on "push prizes?" (for those who don't know, a "push prize" is a gift, usually expensive jewelry, given to the mother just after the birth of the baby as a gift for giving birth.) thoughts, ideas, opinions, gift registry?
Never heard of a push prize before. ewww. and i LOVE LOVE LOVE presents but this does not sit well for me.
I've never really been into registries before but seeing as we will never get married, I'm liking the idea of a baby registry more and more.
QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
I've been having a bit of an identity crisis since becoming pg and as the day we were supposed to start ttc approaches (June 1st), I am mourning the loss of that transitional time. I don't mean to be insensitive to those who have been trying for a while, but the loss of that stretch of preparatory time has been far harder on me than I could have imagined.
that sounds really confronting Steph. I hope you can find a way to reconcile your feelings. I can imagine that you want to feel thrilled and ecstatic about this baby and because you're mourning that 'you' time you're really torn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post

I think I will.

I don't know much about the company...only that I could Walk.to.Work. Or ride my bike, without ever leaving the sidewalk. Which means I would be cutting my 'working' day by nearly 30%. (That's 4 extra hours - I currently commute nearly two hours by train). So that time, in addition to the commute cost, would make a pay cut worth it.

I tend to get all caught up in one positive aspect about a job, and then am inevitably disappointed when I find out that it's just a job. Gotta stop doing that.
AND, I bet you'd save money on food too because if you're anything like me, long commutes and late home times result in WAY TOO MUCH convenience food. Go for it Christina!

...have you made an appointment with a chinese medicine practitioner yet??

Snozzberry
Kudos on doing what you're doing for your cousin. We had residency of a 17/18 year old for a year while she was in her last year at school and it was hard work! The TV was the biggest deal of all - it was on FULL BLAST all.the.time! That and getting her to do anything!!! around the house were the two biggest battles. It was a slog and in the end we decided to pick our battles carefully just for a quiet life! Whilst this goes against everything I really believe, I say make sure she has a TV in her room! It might just save your relationship.

Did you sort your bleeding out?

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#853 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 02:18 AM

Just popping in to say hello! School is out, and we don't have internet at home, so I don't get online much. Hopefully you ladies are behaving yourselves.

Actually, on second thought, misbehave! "Well behaved women seldom make history." I have that quote on a coffee mug, but can't remember who said it.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#854 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 02:44 AM

PyJam

I think all the new NMY's need some dancing banana love!

Oh and for some laughs, here ya go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVz8IcnJllA

*high speeded dance peanut butter jelly song*

Wooo, that was fun! lol

On: Push Prizes

Um, i have never, ever, heard of push prizes until i came to MDC, lol. Is it in the same vein as the wedding presents that the bride and groom give each other on their wedding day?

Personally, if my husband wanted to give me a "push prize" I would look at him sideways for a hot minute...but then ask for a Nintendo Wii :

On: Swimsuits

OH, to go swimming would be LOVELY! If hubby and I weren't moving to DC this summer, we were gonna go to Negril, Jamaica for our anny this Aug. We are pushing back the trip tho until after we move and get settled, but i still dream of gliding through that crystal blue water in a cute swimsuit. Wishfulthinking, that Vickie's swimsuit is UBER sessy, i LIKE!!!!

These are the swimsuits i love and have been eyeing lately:

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/comm...SZZZ&rfnbr=158
http://www.musotica.com/seoffshonepi.html
http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product....-p374554-front
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/comm...ZZZ&rfnbr=1232
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/comm...ZZZ&rfnbr=1232
http://www.mybikinibrazil.com/sassy_...et_bikini.html

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...930&pid=457257

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...930&pid=469218

*does sit ups while looking at pictures*

@ Arelyn's baby kicking at us...Hay little sweet baby, we look forward to your grand entrance here soon! Oh and treat your mother kind with that kicking, ok? lol

Quote:
I found one that had a snap neck closure, and it was good, but that was also the top that broke when a big wave hit me. I had to hold it together while I snuck back to my towel. (Incidentally it was the back closure that broke, but still....)
Cking, how come thas the story of my life when it comes to swimmin in some bathing suits. Im the chick who usually has WAY too much nipplage or peekaboo nipples while swimming and i dont even HAVE big bazooms! LOL! You see what my swimsuit choices are up there, so i guess im still subconciously hankering for an exihibition show or something lol.

sphinxie, with the bed bugs, could you actually SEE them or just the bites (if they were biting you)? Sometimes, i wonder if some beds in the past that ive have had bed bugs cause i would wake up with lil bites on the palm of my hands, but i always figured they were spiders, lol. Hubby like to call me spiderwoman because of it, lol.

Personal stuff:

I am getting MORE and MORE excited with this move to DC. We are leaving for a quick visit Sun through Tues of next there to check out apts, job searching and interviewing (cross my fingers) and just generally get reacquainted with the area. But in the meantime, hubby and i (mostly me) have been inundated with job searching. This morning alone, i was on the phone with two different headhunters who are really excited about placing me in positions in the DC area. I like one job a lot more than the other....so much so im thinking about pulling out of that one resume submission. Its a contract position with the FDIC....snazzy right? NAH son...its only a 6 week (yes SIX weeks) contract and after that they will reevaluate you to see if they want to keep you perm. Strike 1. Then its a long commute from where we plan to live. Strike 2. Then they do an EXTENSIVE background and CREDIT check on you. Strike 3 only because i know i have several blemishes on my credit right now. So, its whatever on that. Both positions pay a good deal more than what im getting paid right now, so thas a plus, but considering the higher cost of living there, it might just even out.

Hubby on the other hand MAY be able to get work-from-home position in his company that would allow us to move at our leisure. THAT WOULD SO ROCK! And i would love to have hubby at home alla time We would definitely save on gas!

Meanwhile i have done NILCH, ZERO, NADA packing or preparing for this trip. I have do my hair nice, laundry and pack, buy luggage TO pack, buy a few dress shirts to wear with my suit, buy some PUMPS to wear with my suit and buy a couple of linen or cargo pants to throw on instead of jeans (looks to be in the high 80s there in DC now). I have SOOO much to do and NOOO time to do it in because i work nights! So unless i scrimp on sleep, ima be running around here like a banshee come Saturday tryna wrangle all this together. Hubby says he'll pick up the luggage for me, but the shopping is on me since im so picky, lol.

This scouting trip to DC will be critical in our move. We plan to be OUTTA Phoenix by the end of this summer. Woooo hooooo!

It also doesnt hurt that our hotel room is in the heart of downtown DC on M street and is SUUUUPPPPERRR swanky...take a peek!

http://marriott.com/hotels/hotel-pho...-street-hotel/

http://marriott.com/hotels/photo-tou...WGRD&imageID=0

Sigh. I wish this move was over already tho, lol.

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
#855 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 03:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Wow, what a hoppin' thread lately. Let's see if I can remember what I was going to respond to....

Swimsuits- I always go for a one piece, I'm perfectly happy with my body, but I like to preserve some mystery. I have two, though I'm not really happy with either. One of them I bought a couple years ago for my honeymoon, I like it except for the fact that the straps are really thin and wide set making it really easy for the suit to drag down as I'm swimming and my boobs to pop out. the other is vintage 40's and I love the cut (especially on the bottom) but the fabric is old and heavy and it stretches out too much when it's wet. I'd like to sew myself a copy of the 40s suit, I'm just having a hard time finding fabric I like.

Worm composting-I am really interested in trying this, especially because I actually sort of have a yard to garden in! I will really have a yard once my sil and her family move out of the house we are buying from them. Just a couple weeks left!

good luck to all they NMY's moving. I'm not really moved in yet, but at least all of my stuff is down here and in the garage of our soon to be house.

Oneknight-how goes the housebuying?

Push prizes-my initial reaction is yuck! though I'm not sure why. Maybe if it were something really meaningful, but expensive jewelry/diamonds....It just seems to devalue the birth/becoming a mother/birthday of the new child. Again, I'm not sure why, I will have to explore that further.

Welcome to all the new NMY's! I personally love a hopping thread, even if it means I can't keep up all the time.

And to whoever joked about naming a child sunflower basmati!

: : :

Mommy to DS1 bouncy.gifJuly '09 and DS2 baby.gif Oct '12

#856 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelorum View Post

good luck to all they NMY's moving. I'm not really moved in yet, but at least all of my stuff is down here and in the garage of our soon to be house.

Oneknight-how goes the housebuying?
Our banker is working with his underwriter and the assessor, he said it's looking much better this week. They are gonna try to use a different assessor than they 'usual' do to make it work out, somehow. He sounded happy and optimistic when he called today, so DH and I are thinking it's gonna work out afterall. :
I have to give notice to the landlord tomorrow. EEP! The goal in doing it tomorrow is that the actual landlady is off and it's just gonna be her "paperwork acceptor" in the office tomorrow. After that, if the morgtage falls though I guess we'll be living in the truck

Just been buying groceries and cooking tonight. Tried playing UO some but I just ended up getting pissed at it, so I sulked back to MDC and wow yall posted! Usually I'm the only one up at 2am!
#857 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneKnight View Post
Our banker is working with his underwriter and the assessor, he said it's looking much better this week. They are gonna try to use a different assessor than they 'usual' do to make it work out, somehow. He sounded happy and optimistic when he called today, so DH and I are thinking it's gonna work out afterall. :
I have to give notice to the landlord tomorrow. EEP! The goal in doing it tomorrow is that the actual landlady is off and it's just gonna be her "paperwork acceptor" in the office tomorrow. After that, if the morgtage falls though I guess we'll be living in the truck

Just been buying groceries and cooking tonight. Tried playing UO some but I just ended up getting pissed at it, so I sulked back to MDC and wow yall posted! Usually I'm the only one up at 2am!

I just wanna say even tho i havent been posting to you, ive been following your house buying journey and i wanna say, YOU GO HEAD ON GIRL!!!! You are an inspiration to me.

#858 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 07:26 AM

What the heezy? Why have 90% of my bathing suit links not working? Eh, i'll give them til the morning to recover, maybe, lol.

#859 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 09:01 AM

Brown Lioness, good luck on the scouting trip! That does look like a swanky hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
Snozzberry[/B] Kudos on doing what you're doing for your cousin. We had residency of a 17/18 year old for a year while she was in her last year at school and it was hard work! The TV was the biggest deal of all - it was on FULL BLAST all.the.time! That and getting her to do anything!!! around the house were the two biggest battles. It was a slog and in the end we decided to pick our battles carefully just for a quiet life! Whilst this goes against everything I really believe, I say make sure she has a TV in her room! It might just save your relationship.
Ah, TV. Good point. That's going on my little list of things to discuss!

Quote:
Did you sort your bleeding out?
Yeah, I think it's technically anovulatory bleeding. I don't know why it happened though. I left a message for my naturopath yesterday, so hopefully she'll have some insight into it. It was the first cycle where I took progesterone supplements, so I'm wondering if that's what might have caused it.

What typically causes anovulatory cycles?

Quote:
:

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

#860 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
Brown Lioness, good luck on the scouting trip! That does look like a swanky hotel.
Awww thank you, lady

#861 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 09:53 AM

Welcome PYJam!

I never weighed in on this, but I think the idea of a push prize is just crazy. And the name makes me want to say eww too. I think the idea of something to commemorate the birth is good, just not necessarily expensive or extravagant piece of jewelry. My mom has a birthstone pin, that has all of her kids birthstones on it. I believe she got that after she was all done with the pushing.

After all this talk of bathing suits, I think we’ll hop over to the beach this weekend We live pretty close – about a 45 min drive, but haven’t been going there as much as we’d like.

I have a hard time with suits. I can’t really wear bikinis – my midriff is not worthy of bearing. If I could I’d wear the banded halter type. I don’t really like the strings. I can’t really swim in them. I’ve been wearing tankinis lately, but I actually am thinking of finding a good one piece, I like the style of the white one zoebird linked to. Except not in white. And I’ve been wearing too much black. Maybe brown.

BL – I just have to say that every one of those websites for swimsuits was blocked by my office internet filter…..except for VS. (well, and Gap). Very odd. But the VS links didn’t work for some reason.

Good luck with the job search. Get packing already!!! That hotel looks sweet.

Arelyn, very cool worm bin. to baby!!

Quote:
AND, I bet you'd save money on food too because if you're anything like me, long commutes and late home times result in WAY TOO MUCH convenience food. Go for it Christina!
You're right, we do. I'm even thinking I could walk home for lunch.

Quote:
...have you made an appointment with a chinese medicine practitioner yet??
For tomorrow. I'm excited.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#862 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Tried playing UO some but I just ended up getting pissed at it, so I sulked back to MDC and wow yall posted! Usually I'm the only one up at 2am!
Hey are you doing the beta test for Kingdom Reborn? I am and so is Sean but we haven't played much lately. It's interesting!! Definitely taking some getting used to.
#863 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 12:56 PM
Banned

Zoebird, your [bathingsuit] choices seem really opposite of each other! Are those your real picks or are you just sparking discussion?

well, i'll be honest--it's a bit of both. first, i found out about the burqini from a documentary about a turkish designer designing women's traditional fashioins. it was actually before the burqini was in existance, as this bathingsuit is a completely different designer and manufacturer.

anyway, when i saw that, i immediately thought of my aunt edna who struggles with skin cancer. she always has pre-cancer stuff removed from her face on a regular basis. i mentioned this suit to her and she's really interested. when i looked at it, i thought it was aweful cute too!

as for my own choices, i am interested in the burqini, but not absolutely. someone suggested board shorts with a tankini top--and that might be a grea t option for me. it's even more modest and looks more like 'street clothes.' i can ask myself i want to bear my midriff or not.

as for the white suit--i probably would get it in pink, rather than white. i'm fair skinned, but i do look good in some shades of white. there is another bathing suit on the VS sight that is also consesrvative and comes in other colors like royal blue--which looks really good on me.
#864 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 02:26 PM

Quote:
anyway, when i saw that, i immediately thought of my aunt edna who struggles with skin cancer. she always has pre-cancer stuff removed from her face on a regular basis. i mentioned this suit to her and she's really interested. when i looked at it, i thought it was aweful cute too!
I can relate. I started wearing a rashguard top for ocean swimming and snorkeling. I realized I usually burned while in the water, so it's the easiest way to prevent it. It also means no more losing my top.

I'm convinced that when we have kids, I'll probably go with swimsuits like that. Until they start to protest.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#865 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
oh good luck with your chinese medicine appt tomorrow cking!

Mommy to DS1 bouncy.gifJuly '09 and DS2 baby.gif Oct '12

#866 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 04:03 PM

Plus, having to scroll sideways to see who is posting is extremely annoying and slightly nauseating.

Sorry that was my fault. Still trying to learn how to do links properly.:
Wont do it again!
#867 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 04:38 PM

Here is the maternity suit I just got: http://www.imaternity.com/Product.as...Category_Id=18 I couldn't stand the thought of spending $ on something I won't wear for long, so I found the 2 cheapest and asked DH to choose between them. They happened to be tankinis, which happen to be my preferred style even when not pregnant. Used to love the bikini look, but that was back when I was younger and skinnier...
#868 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
It was the first cycle where I took progesterone supplements, so I'm wondering if that's what might have caused it.

What typically causes anovulatory cycles?
I was going to mention this before - I know that some NDs will prescribe progesterone throughout your cycle to more quickly overcome estrogen dominance (even more so during perimenopause), but progesterone is what tells your system that the egg has been released, and not to release any more... I don't know what dose is needed to stop ovulation (actually it's, probably different for everyone depending on how much estrogen you've got running around your system) - but I was always told to wait for 3 high temps (proof of ovulation) before starting my progesterone cream while I was TTCing.

As to what causes anovulatory cycles - basic answer is all the hormones don't get into sync like they are supposed to. Why is the 100 million dollar question. If you get them all the time, then they can sometimes point to a cause (like PCOS), but your average once-or-twice off or post-pill - "it happens".
#869 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 06:31 PM

Everyone's been finding such great bathing suits! I too coulkd see plenty of people wanting a burquini, for sure...I'm super pale, and could probably benefit myself, but I like the sun on my skin.

Glad to have you back Zoebird!

And to Sihaya, I hope you are able to find your peace.

Come ponder with me about food!
#870 of 888 Old 05-31-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFoley View Post
Hey are you doing the beta test for Kingdom Reborn? I am and so is Sean but we haven't played much lately. It's interesting!! Definitely taking some getting used to.
No I'm just playing on Demise, they haven't even gotten ML yet.

DH and I are having a fight now. He says I've been picking on him about his weight/fat. I have some, mostly I just told him that eating 4 slices of bread for a snack was making him fat. I didn't think it was a big deal to him. He doesn't act like he cares that he's fat. I mean, he eats a lot and sits on his rear all day long, that is a recipe for being fat, DUH! He wouldn't go swimming without a shirt on today, that's what sparked the whole ordeal.

He complained that he didn't like to walk or exercise without me because it is boring. He also doesn't like to read anything but fiction because that's boring too. All this "it's boring!" = "I'm lazy" in my view so I guess that's why I pick on him about it.

SO I take him for a walk around the neighborhood and he complains the WHOLE time about his back hurting. He can't do anything because his back hurts so much. (The chiropractor didn't help much, there doesn't seem to be anythign we can do for it) SO I told him straight up, either you are gonna hafta get used to the pain or get used to being fat.

We have seen the doctor, we have seen a chiropractor, etc. His back hurts when working, standing, walking, sitting/laying, when he wakes up, pretty much all the time but it comes and goes "randomly". Sometimes it hurts a lot and he complains a lot, sometimes he doesn't say anything about it.
If we can't fix his back or avoid activities that cause pain then I guess he's just doomed to be fat. I think he's just gonna hafta accept it.

It pisses me off that he whines about something that he will not do anything to change! If he really wanted to get more fit it would be a priority to him, but it's not, he'd rather do something "more fun" like sit at the computer or read a star treck book.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page