Not Mamas...YET - Part IX (April/May 2007) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-03-2007, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Cking, those pictures are GORGEOUS!!! How did you get some of those high angles? I'm thinking that within the next couple years, I would love to take a cruise around Italy or the mediterranean (along with my other over the seas locale wish list lol).

Congrats on college, Shaina!

PiePie, im MAD late but congratulations on the new job!

Nothing new here, just wish we were already moved. None of the jobs hubby applied to transfer to have been really following back up with him, so that's just kinda depressing. I mean, they keep asking to confirm his contact information and resume, but nothing beyond that yet. Sometimes, i think it would be faster if i job searched out there first.

In the meanwhile, we are gearing up to move in with his mother. Hubby cant wait because he is really hating apartment life, but im trying to cherish our last days with our privacy

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2007, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post
ARGH! Today is standardized testing day in Alaska. I just hate having to hold kids in one stuffy classroom and bubble-fill, bubble-fill, bubble-fill. It's depressing.
I hate that too....Im sooo glad I work at a Montessori school now...
Old 04-03-2007, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denovagirl View Post
I hate that too....Im sooo glad I work at a Montessori school now...
Of the seven students testing in my classroom today, 100% are limited English proficient, three have reading levels at a first grade level, and one is hyperactive.

We also have a squeaky table. The kids are trying not to giggle, but every time a certain student fills in a bubble, it squeaks in concert with his bubbling.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post
Of the seven students testing in my classroom today, 100% are limited English proficient, three have reading levels at a first grade level, and one is hyperactive.

We also have a squeaky table. The kids are trying not to giggle, but every time a certain student fills in a bubble, it squeaks in concert with his bubbling.
Haahaa...thats funny. Well at least they are getting a little laugh break here and there...Im sure theyll do fine....I really do hate those tests
Old 04-03-2007, 05:25 PM

Look! Two hands!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Well, after messing around with photos all weekend and tonight, I finally posted some photos from our trip here. There are some pictures of our backsplash project too.

And this one is just for my MDC friends. It was on a random building in Florence. I was pretty impressed.
Christina, the pics are just gorgeous! But: No picture of your scarf :

I don't have it in front of me, but in the last issue of Mothering, a clergyman wrote in to the Letters about an internet link with photos of Mary nursing Jesus. He said that this type of artwork is really common in other parts of the world. I'll try to find it......when I have two hands again
Old 04-03-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Lioness View Post
Cking, those pictures are GORGEOUS!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
How did you get some of those high angles?
Lol, LOTS of steps! There were towers and bridges and facades to climb everywhere. Some of the Florence pics were taken from the terrace at our hotel - an amazing, unique view of the city.

I think a Mediterranean cruise would be awesome! Good luck with your moves, especially the first one, with MIL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna4000 View Post
Look! Two hands!!!!!!!

I don't have it in front of me, but in the last issue of Mothering, a clergyman wrote in to the Letters about an internet link with photos of Mary nursing Jesus. He said that this type of artwork is really common in other parts of the world. I'll try to find it......when I have two hands again
Thanks! , I was thinking about that - the scarf didn't show up in any pictures. But, it only came out at night, and we didn't take a whole lot of photos at night. Except of course, of bridges and boats. DH loves experimenting with the night shots.

I didn't see that letter in the mothering issue. I'll have to check it out. Of course, I thought of you all when I saw it. But that sighting was before we started going into the museums and churches, where there are images like that everywhere. But it was nice to see the one on the building - it was relatively modern.

eta: check out my post count!!! I have to come up with something good before my next post!

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
Old 04-03-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:

You have a birthday coming up very soon, right?
On Saturday! I'm gonna be a grownup!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denovagirl View Post
Haahaa...thats funny. Well at least they are getting a little laugh break here and there...Im sure theyll do fine....I really do hate those tests
We also had a "clean up flour" break. I made fidget toys (deflated balloons filled with flour... very good tactile sensation) for them to play with while they worked (helps some of them concentrate), and despite warnings NOT to puncture them with their fingernails... well...

Luckily, it broke neatly over her test, so all I had to do was carry it over to the garbage can and dump. Not a dusting on the tabletop, never mind the floor.

During break, she instructed the other students on "why you don't poke the fidget toys with your fingernails." We had cleaned it up so quietly, they didn't even notice at the time.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanna4000 View Post
Look! Two hands!!!!!!!

I have that issue, Shanna. The links he gave:
http://saints.oca.org/IconDirectory/...sheroflife.jpg
www.iconsexplained.com/iec/lib/02461.htm
www.ikonenbilder.de/images/m/B347.jpg
(He gave a fourth, but the link didn't work for me)

I also have this link saved, which has tons more than just those few: http://www.fisheaters.com/marialactans.html

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Old 04-03-2007, 07:47 PM

Hey everyone,

Just popping in because I'd hate for you to forget about me!

Steph is pregnant! Yay!

And happy April to all!

-Afton
Old 04-03-2007, 08:18 PM

Christina - Congrats (almost) on hitting
I loved looking at your pictures! Looks like you hit most of the big cities. We have been to Italy twice, and I still want to go back. I really love Italy and Germany!

Jess- I liked your pictures too! The cat in one of your photos looks exactly like my cat Phoenix. It was weird seeing him in Bali.

Blizzardbabe - Dh is also testing this week. We both think standardized testing is ridiculous, but he (guiltily) is kind of happy about it because this is his first year of teaching, so for once he isn't stressed out about planning.

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
Old 04-03-2007, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Lioness View Post
None of the jobs hubby applied to transfer to have been really following back up with him, so that's just kinda depressing. I mean, they keep asking to confirm his contact information and resume, but nothing beyond that yet.

The waiting sucks, in some ways it's worse than the rejection for me. I just learned today that the job I really wanted may still have an opening for me. I interviewed in early March and they said they would make all offers by mid-March so they could do security clearance, etc. I hadn't heard anything since, so I took it as bad news. however, apparently they have filled only 10 of the 12 slots, so I might be a maybe. Anyway, I am starting the sure thing job on Thursday. The commute will suck, but I am going to use it as time to read my baby books -- my big obsession... I feel better about not getting one of the 10 filled positions now that I know that they were all filled by people of color. I had been berating myself for bombing the interview due to morning sickness!! At least it was out of my hands...
Old 04-03-2007, 08:33 PM

Oh my goodness Steph!!!!!!!!!! I just saw your signature line and I am shocked. Congratulations!!!!

And I've been sooo incredibly busy that I missed the birth of Fenton. Congratulations Shanna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to go find the birth story, and see if I can get (a little) caught up.

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

Old 04-03-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
The waiting sucks, in some ways it's worse than the rejection for me. I just learned today that the job I really wanted may still have an opening for me. I interviewed in early March and they said they would make all offers by mid-March so they could do security clearance, etc. I hadn't heard anything since, so I took it as bad news. however, apparently they have filled only 10 of the 12 slots, so I might be a maybe. Anyway, I am starting the sure thing job on Thursday. The commute will suck, but I am going to use it as time to read my baby books -- my big obsession... I feel better about not getting one of the 10 filled positions now that I know that they were all filled by people of color. I had been berating myself for bombing the interview due to morning sickness!! At least it was out of my hands...
Oh the waiting DOES suck and it doesnt help that i am SOOO excited to move, lol. Plus, i find it really irritating that the jobs he applied for are "confirming" all his information....cant they READ?! I saw his resume, everything was spelled right and is correct, why can't they say if they are interested or not and move on? ARGH.

So, do you think that if the job you really wanted offers you a position, would you take it even though you've started the sure thing job?

OH and i actually MISS public transportation! I used to read GOO GOBS of books on the train in DC and i actually miss that, lol.

Plus, i cant wait until i get the chance to have a reason to read a whole bunch of pregnancy and birth books! *dreams* :

Old 04-03-2007, 11:25 PM

I hope everyone is having a great day! The weather here was beautiful and I spent it mostly playing with the nephew...I bought him his first thing of bubbles. It was fun to watch him running around outside while his mother was blowing them.

I am going to look at a rental house out in Lind, WA. I am so excited about this house, it sounds absolutely perfect, the rent is exactly what I wanted and the landlords are willing to split the deposit up into smaller chunks!! He isn't even asking for a pet deposit for my dog!!! My Dad is taking me to look at it around the 13th or 14th. I'm really trying to think positive about this and am absolutely estatic. I got really good vibes from the landlord I talked to, his parents are partners with him on it. So keep you fingers crossed for me guys!

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
Old 04-04-2007, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetAfton View Post
Hey everyone,

Steph is pregnant! Yay!

And happy April to all!

-Afton
I don't think we could ever forget about you, Afton. :

Old 04-04-2007, 12:29 AM

WHAT ARE YOU MOST EXCITED ABOUT DOING WITH BABY/CHILD? Today I am really pumped for signing and talking to and with baby.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
ACK! I am exhausted but can't get to sleep for my life. I am so going to regret it tomorrow. This week is spring break for "my" kids. Not exactly the same as testing week, but the mom did give them homework assignments before she left this morning (they're 5 & 7 btw). And it means 10 straight hours with two of them, when I usually have a half-hour shuttling them around, a few hours break, three hours with one, then an hour spent waiting at the school, then two more hours with both of them. But, somehow we managed to be TV free today! Quite a feat when the focal point of both playrooms is a big-screen/wall with projector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetAfton View Post
Hey everyone,

Steph is pregnant! Yay!

And happy April to all!

-Afton
I you, Afton. I could never forget you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wateraddict View Post
Oh my goodness Steph!!!!!!!!!! I just saw your signature line and I am shocked. Congratulations!!!!
That makes two of us! It is still so surreal. I keep looking at my signature and thinking it is someone else's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMiller View Post
I am going to look at a rental house out in Lind, WA. I am so excited about this house, it sounds absolutely perfect, the rent is exactly what I wanted and the landlords are willing to split the deposit up into smaller chunks!! He isn't even asking for a pet deposit for my dog!!! My Dad is taking me to look at it around the 13th or 14th. I'm really trying to think positive about this and am absolutely estatic. I got really good vibes from the landlord I talked to, his parents are partners with him on it. So keep you fingers crossed for me guys!
This sounds amazing. I hope it is also in a nice, safe neighborhood with good neighbors :

Quote:
WHAT ARE YOU MOST EXCITED ABOUT DOING WITH BABY/CHILD?
I think I would have had a great concise answer to this question a month ago, and probably will have a different but equally great and concise answer in a few months. But right now I'm just so overwhelmed with the idea of being pg, that I'd be excited to do absolutely nothing with it, for years! But if I have to choose now, I will say ECing. There are probably a dozen others, but thinking of doing that makes me really eager for the baby to be here.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Old 04-04-2007, 01:02 AM

Quote:
I'm curious, what type of herb support are you taking? I think it is possible to see results within a couple of months. And I also noticed, from that anovulatory cycle, that it must have been my cycle resetting itself. So maybe that is what is happening with your cycle now? Not sure if that makes sense.
I'm about to head to bed, but I wanted to respond before I forgot...I'm taking something called Pregnancy Prep made by Vitanica. It has tribulus terrestris, rhodiola rosea root, chaste tree berry, raspberry leaf, alfalfa leaf, dong quai, motherwort leaf, and unicorn root.

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

Old 04-04-2007, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessper44 View Post
doh. why won't it let me look? youtube says i need an invitation to watch the video...???:
It didn't let me look either. I'll try the other link Christina gave us.

Quote:
Anyway, I am starting the sure thing job on Thursday. The commute will suck, but I am going to use it as time to read my baby books -- my big obsession...
Do read. I read that reading makes commutes easier on the person. I know that it sucks to have to drive long - I need about 45 min to get to university because the subway connections aren't ideal (but that'll change in 2008 ) and it's a PITA. But when I'm awake enough (and not a sleepy zombie ) I do enjoy reading on my way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMiller View Post
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
That makes two of us! It is still so surreal. I keep looking at my signature and thinking it is someone else's
Will you take monthly belly pics when it starts showing? :
Old 04-04-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
WHAT ARE YOU MOST EXCITED ABOUT DOING WITH BABY/CHILD? Today I am really pumped for signing and talking to and with baby.
Hmmm...well I'm excited about doing everything when I finally get preggers! But mostly decorating the nursery, dressing up my little guy/girl, and just playing with them. LOL...sounds like I could use a doll!?!? Can't help it...I've been googling baby clothes and nursery decor all this month. Ill prolly have a diff answer next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
I think I would have had a great concise answer to this question a month ago, and probably will have a different but equally great and concise answer in a few months. But right now I'm just so overwhelmed with the idea of being pg, that I'd be excited to do absolutely nothing with it, for years! But if I have to choose now, I will say ECing. There are probably a dozen others, but thinking of doing that makes me really eager for the baby to be here.
What is ECing? I know it's prolly obvious, but it's early for me and I cant think...
Old 04-04-2007, 12:19 PM

: : : : :

:

I'll be back for a real post later.

:

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
Old 04-04-2007, 12:23 PM

Yay, Christina!!

ECing is Elimination Communication. I'll let Steph give an explanation, as I have to go get ready for work; I'm running late again. I can't wait to try that too (ECing)!

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
Old 04-04-2007, 01:01 PM

I'm working from home today and so far I can't connect to work. Isn't that a shame. : So, that gives me a chance to get better caught up.

Shanna - I'm sure you are off enjoying your babymoon but just in case you are lurking here I just want to say congratulations again. I found the post from your DH and I thought it was so sweet. Then I found the birth story and it brought (happy) tears to my eyes. You did so wonderful and are such a wonderful inspiration. It's wonderful to hear how calm you were throughout. Good job mama.:

ETA - It seems I have a limited vocabulary today, as EVERYTHING is just wonderful

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

Old 04-04-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
: : : : :

:

I'll be back for a real post later.

:
Congrats Christina!
Old 04-04-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
WHAT ARE YOU MOST EXCITED ABOUT DOING WITH BABY/CHILD?

I think with this the better question to ask me is what ARENT i most excited about I'm excited about everything!!! Breastfeeding, diapering, ECing, homebirthing, cosleeping (or not sleeping), staring at them, EVERYTHING. Granted im not pregnant, so its all big fluffy dream for me right now, lol.

I have a question too. For those of us yet to TTC (and those TTCing and are pregnant can answer this too), how hands on will you be in conceiving? Will you chart and temp regularly to figure what exact days you are most fertile and then BD like crazy or will you take a more laid back approach and say, it will happen when it will happen? Or maybe you'll do something in between, temp and chart, but only have sex when you feel like it?

Also, will/did you celebrate the day/time you started TTCing? Like, sometimes i envision us taking a relaxing, romantic trip to celebrate TTCing and then if we conceive while away, we could be like "Our first was conceived on vacation in Tahiti." or something like that, lol. Other times im like, I want to conceive our first in the very same place that I want them to be born...at home...lovingly, simply, romantically. : *shrugs* I dunno, i guess what Im asking is, how big a deal will you/did you make of starting your TTC journey?

*ok, so thas more than two questions, lol*

Old 04-04-2007, 02:26 PM

My bad, Cking, congrats, you're a THOUSANDAIRE POSTER NOW!

Old 04-04-2007, 02:31 PM

I'm still single so I can't really answer what I'll do when I start TTC because I think it will depend on my age and on my partner. But I already chart now (though not very carefully, I don't always temp and I don't really chart anything else because I'm too lazy) but I already always want to know when I O and how long my LP is as is, I can't imagine stopping to do that when I start TTC (I also would like to use FAM to TTA, but I'm not sure if that'll be possible for me).

Though, stopping to chart has it's charm too.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:05 PM

I had a baby dream last night. I spoke yesterday to one of my best friends, who is pregnant with her second child, so I'm sure that's what brought it on.

In my dream, she and I were sitting in what seemed like a hotel room. Two queen-sized beds, and we each had one. Her kid was a little older than mine, but not much. I had, apparently, just gotten out of the hospital, and was having trouble breastfeeding. I called some LLL number, and ended up talking to a DUDE who was trying to walk me through different steps I could take.

What was weird, since my dreams are usually pretty out-there, was the realism of the dream. I could almost FEEL something when the kidlet nursed.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:09 PM

I'm a little bummed. It's my last day before starting the new job, and it is WET and COLD outside. I have all of these errands I want to do but now feel reluctant to try.

User Tag List