Mothering Forum banner

Help finding a supportive vbac doc for a friend corvallis/Albany/Eugene/Salem

716 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  sappylady 
#1 ·
Hi ladies, I am hoping some of you can help. I am posting for a friend who needs some direction on finding a vbac supportive doc in the Corvallis area. She is willing to travel to Salem, Eugene or Albany if an amazing doc exists. I have already told her how many amazing homebirth midwives exist around this area, including the pair that I am currently using, but she really would be more comfortable delivering at the hospital. As a friend who loves her and supports her,I want her to find the very best and avoid the more medically mided like the plague. I told her I would check it out with you guys. Thank you so much, Dana..... p.s please feel free to pm me if you feel more comfortable.

#4 ·
I think Good Samaritan Hospital in Corvallis does VBACs. Salem, Albany and Eugene do not. OHSU in Portland does.

It's slim pickings, really. Those practices that say they do VBACs seem to find a way to 'risk out' so many women before they're due.

Dana, your mw should know the rules about Good Sam. At the Good Sam OB group, there are a couple homebirth-friendly CNMs. That would be a nice buffer at least.

#5 ·
It's 3 hours from Corvallis but the Ashland Birth Center does vbacs, and has labor tubs, staff doulas, wireless monitoring, labor balls, and a very low epidural rate. The only catch is there is a $1500 fee which pays for an entire OR crew to be on the premises during the labor & birth. I can tell you about the docs (all family practice) if you are interested, PM me.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.