Vacc flexible Ped in Cambridge/Belmont/Arlington area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-02-2007, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I am due with my first baby next month and am currently trying to find a Pediatrician. I'm hoping to find someone who is open/friendly to the idea of delaying/customizing a vaccine schedule. Anyone have any recommendations for good ones? Ideally it would be in the Belmont, Arlington, Cambridge area...

Thanks in advance!
#2 of 3 Old 05-03-2007, 03:59 PM

Hi - I'm due with my first a month after you (end of June)! So exciting. I don't know any pediatricians yet, but I did recently scan past threads in this forum and came up with a list of peds to start with. I think if you do a "search this forum" you can find the past threads. Anyways, here's the list I made:
Dr. Wedda
Dr. Horowitz in Danvers
Dr. James Bastian @ Southern JP health clinic
Dr. Deborah Bershel in Davis Square (Somerville) - note, she used to be Roy Berkowitz-Shelton (?)
Dr. Julie Weiner at Beacon Naturopathic in Brookline
Dr. Janet Levatin in Brookline
Dr. Thomas LaCava @ Francis Holistic Medical Center (also @ Marino Center in Cambridge?)
Dr. Beverly Wedda @ Marino Center in Wellesley.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you learn anything interesting...
Lori
#3 of 3 Old 05-03-2007, 05:44 PM

I just started taking my dd to Dr Levatin. We've only seen her once, but I liked her. My dd was teething and really being difficult. Dr Levatin was good with her, and she was even able to distract her a bit. The visit went well. She did recommend the tetanus vaccine, but we declined without an issue. She suggested that I look into it, that's all. She said she also talks to parents about pertussis and the menengitis vaccines- asking that they look into them a little more than the rest, that's all. She is against routine infant circumcision, so that was nice, since we know we are having a boy.

-chelsea dust.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page