Mothering Forum banner

Pediatrician in N GA

933 views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Mamm2 
#1 ·
Ok, so I've heard really great things about Dr. Kute and I was willing to drive over an hour to see her since I live in Woodstock. The problem is that I had a prenatal visit with her yesterday and she didn't really seem to want to see me. She said that I lived too far away and it would be too much with a new infant. Granted I was a little late but because I got lost not because I was stuck in traffic, which I explained. I said she had been highly recommended and that I would be willing to drive it but she really didn't seem to be responsive. Honestly, she kind of blew me off. She suggested I see Dr. Lorenz in Woodstock. Does anyone have any expereince with him? Is he okay with delayed Vaxing or not vaxing? Good with breastfeeding?

#2 ·
I'm sorry to hear that, it's not a good feeling.
Honestly I don't get the warm fuzzies from her that she gives to everyone else- I think she just doesn't like me.
But as long as she'll take care of my kids in an emergency, that's ok! PM LandonsMom or kokotg, they live somewhat closer to you and may have a suggestion for you.

#3 ·
I've seen her in the hospital, plus twice in the office, and she really acts like she doesn't want to see me, either, because of the distance. I assure her that I don't mind the drive, that I drive that far to go to Whole Foods, so what's the difference? I made the choice to live where I do, knowing the drive was there. She stops nagging, but I know she is stilling thinking it.

#5 ·
Bobby's mom, I apologise if I made you feel like I didn't want to see you. I had a few patients waiting for me and didn't want you to have to reschedule.
I was only trying to help when I suggested that you meet with Dr Lorez. A very crunchy, homebirthing friend of mine goes to him and is exceedingly happy with the care she receives.

As I told you before, I'd be delighted to see you, Bobby and your new baby in my practice. That is what I live for. I love it so much I'd do it for free. It is also how I pay my bills.

Honestly, I don't think there is anything special about me that folks should drive for hours to come to see me but that's for ya'll to decide.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you guys. Without your support I wouldn't have been able to survive.

I also want to put in a few plugs for some of best pediatricians in town. I'd trust my children's lives with these wonderful people.

http://www.abcpediatricgroup.com/index.shtml
http://www.thepediatricplace.com/index.html
http://www.littlehickorypeds.com/

Take care,
Vaishali Kute

PS: If I may request something, please avoid saying that you 'use' dr so and so. You can just say that you go to dr. so and so. It makes us doctor types feel better

#6 ·
From what I understand, if you are an experiences BFer and know to ignore bad advice, then Dr Lorenz is fine. But he tends towards the "supplement with formula" as the cure for all Breastfeeding challenges. Just what I have heard in my experience as a doula.

I have been thorugh lots of peds, some good, some bad. I saw Dr Long in Kennesaw because I heard good things about him via LLL and here when DD was born. But right off in the hospital he was giving me bad advice (only BF for 15 mins at a time, supplement b/c she *might* get jaundice). So instead of going a year having to ignore my ped on a major part of my babies' life (her primary source of nutrition), I switched to Dr Kute. Because I could trust that she would not give grief for still nursing past 1, for not feeding cows milk, telling me juice at 10w is appropriate, berate me for nursing instead of using pedialyte when baby was ill....all of these I dealt with in my sons first two years. So that's why we drive 50min+ to see Dr Kute.

Once my babies are out of the nursing stage, maybe I will find someone closer who will just take care of my kids when they are sick.

#8 ·
I might also be too far away for you, but we have an awesome pediatrician we love here in Rome. Feel free to PM me. At least you wouldn't have Atlanta traffic coming this way. Last time we went to Woodstock it took about 45 minutes, I think...

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MommytoHHH View Post
I might also be too far away for you, but we have an awesome pediatrician we love here in Rome. Feel free to PM me. At least you wouldn't have Atlanta traffic coming this way. Last time we went to Woodstock it took about 45 minutes, I think...
I'm in Rome, too... I hadn't found anyone else on here yet who lives near me! I bet you use the same ped we do!

#11 ·
I love recommending my pediatrician's office (One of the docs is married to a LLL leader!), but I'm in Dalton, so probably not very helpful to anyone here.
:
I'm just in the middle of nowhere.

#12 ·
I just saw Dr. Kute yesterday and have been there I think 3 times. I have to drive about an hour to get there from Acworth. We are moving to Marietta and will only get about 5 minutes off the drive time. I still think it's totally worth it.

#13 ·
I love Dr Kute!! I drive an hour to see her and I have seen numerous peds in the surrounding area ( I live in Woodstock), but I just did not like them. The ped at Kennesaw Pediatric (the male doc...I forgot his name) not only retracted my son during our visit, but told me I had to pull back his skin and clean all the time
:

I had it!!!! I don't care if I have to drive 2hrs, it is worth it to me to find a ped I can trust to care for my ds without giving me wrong information. Luckily, I knew better...but what if I didn't?

I have never had a problem with Dr. Kute...maybe she was having a bad day? *shrug*

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.