Woodlands & Area Moms - Ready for a Play Date? Or a Coffee Date? or SOMETHING? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-12-2007, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been here a few months now and am settling in and suddenly dying to make connections to other mamas. My little kids are pretty shy and so am I but I really need to connect with other adults who are like-minded. Coffee? Knitting? The park while the kids play (or, in my case, stay glued to my side and in my arms)?

Nicole ~ mama to 3 energetic boys and one crazy girl
~Home water birthing, homeschooling birth photographer~
http://www.HoustonBirthPhotographer.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 05-14-2007, 12:50 AM

We would be interested. Park would be great. I would love to knit with you, but DS likes to play with mommy's needles, so knitting with him around is difficult. Let me know what you think.

Heather, Mommy to Matthew 9/7/05 and Eli : 2/11/09
Birth Doula, Yarn Dyer and Knitter
#3 of 9 Old 05-15-2007, 09:13 PM

I'd love to get together with you too. I'm in The Woodlands. My DD is only 8 months, so a coffee date would be nice. There are also plenty of parks. I've lived here for nearly 4 years, but as a new mom I'm suddenly working on meeting people. I don't seem to have much in common with my old co-workers anymore Feel free to pm me anytime.

By the way, there's a Houston Baby Wearers meeting tomorrow at 10 am at Nativiti (the birth center). I think we're going to it. That's a good way to meet local at least somewhat like minded moms.

SAHM to flower.gif DD1 8/06 , loveeyes.gif DD2 8/09 , and bfinfant.gifDD3 9/12  married to geek.gif 6/99.  We homeschool.gif, cd.gif, homebirth.jpg, familybed2.gif, and lots of wash.gif and dishes.gif.

#4 of 9 Old 05-15-2007, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather_c View Post
We would be interested. Park would be great. I would love to knit with you, but DS likes to play with mommy's needles, so knitting with him around is difficult. Let me know what you think.
Hi Heather, I just realised who you were I keep running into you Nice to see you here too. Sage

SAHM to flower.gif DD1 8/06 , loveeyes.gif DD2 8/09 , and bfinfant.gifDD3 9/12  married to geek.gif 6/99.  We homeschool.gif, cd.gif, homebirth.jpg, familybed2.gif, and lots of wash.gif and dishes.gif.

#5 of 9 Old 05-16-2007, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Cool, I'd love to meet up with you both!

I will try to make that babywearers meeting. Is it NINO or just something informal? 10 am is earrrrrly for me but I can probably swing it. Look for me, the off kilter one who doesn't know anyone!

Heather - I am DYING to find other knitting mamas. I haven't touched the needles since we went to adopt our daughter back in the fall and I'm ready to get back into the groove. Are you (or where you) a part of any Stitch n B*tch group around here or anything? I'm desparate to do both!

I'm up for the park or coffee any time. I don't know where to go but just tell me where and when and I'll be there.

#6 of 9 Old 05-16-2007, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanicki View Post
I will try to make that babywearers meeting. Is it NINO or just something informal? 10 am is earrrrrly for me but I can probably swing it. Look for me, the off kilter one who doesn't know anyone!
It's part of NINO. 10 am is a bit early for us too. My little one is still up, and wakes to nurse plenty at night, but we can usually muster 10 am - I may be a bit late . I've only attended one meeting, so I certainly won't know everyone by any means. It's really just getting out of the house and networking for me.

Hope to see you in the morning,
Sage

#7 of 9 Old 05-17-2007, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Well obviously I didn't make it. I woke up and both my littles were sick, I was sick ,my husband was sick. Even my two new kittens are sick : Really stinks because I desparately need help figuring out the MT back carry and today would have been an IDEAL time to use it since my baby didn't want me to put her down AT ALL. Plus the meeting sounded like it went great.

So give me a week and we'll be uncontagious enough for coffee or the park. Cool?

#8 of 9 Old 05-17-2007, 01:10 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you guys are all sick. I only wear DD in front in our BabyHawk MT as I can't nurse her on my back My sweet girl nurses so much : I assume you joined the group listserv.

I'd be happy to get together next week or whenever. I don't know the parks here too well either I was a workaholic before DD and she's not quite at the park stage yet. Maybe Heather will have a park to recommend. Matthew is almost 2.

Sage

#9 of 9 Old 05-17-2007, 01:44 PM

Nicki - Sorry you all are feeling sick. I hope you feel better soon. I have not been to too many local parks wince we moved here this fall, but my favorite is Bear Branch park. I think it has a good variety of equipment for all ages. We are pretty flexible although we will be out of town/have company the week after Memorial day. I can probably help you figure out the back carry in the MT as well.

BTW - Sage and I both know your Bradley Instructor friend. When you talk to her, ask her about us. It really is a pretty small world.

Regarding knitting, I have not attended any SNB groups, but would love to meet another knitter. There is a group that meets in Old Town Spring one night a week, but the time is not convenient for me. If you google SNB groups and Houston, it will be there.

I look forward to meeting you.

Heather, Mommy to Matthew 9/7/05 and Eli : 2/11/09
Birth Doula, Yarn Dyer and Knitter

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page