Moving to NW Connecticut - info please (esp VBAC info)! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-13-2007, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas! So, I started a thread earlier this year b/c my family was considering moving to CT. Well, it's official - DH has a job in Collinsville starting in July, and we're going to be in the area the first week of June exploring and finding a place to live!

I'm researching lots of different info now. I think we have an idea of where we're going to look to live (Collinsville Farmington, etc. - really wanting a small town), but I was wondering if people have recs on doctors for dd and also VBAC info. DH and I are hoping to have a 2nd soon, but I'm nervous about finding good support there. Any other recs for connecting with moms on the area?

TIA!
#2 of 4 Old 05-13-2007, 04:26 PM

Hi! I'm in central CT, so I don't have doc recs for you, but check out fnlct.org for a biiiiiig group of CT parents who fall on the AP side of things. I know there are a bunch of doulas and some VBAC mamas there who could point you in the right direction.
#3 of 4 Old 05-13-2007, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I just went to apply for membership there now.
#4 of 4 Old 05-19-2007, 02:11 PM

Hi! Canton Pediatrics is wonderful - they are so gentle and supportive. Not far from Collinsville at all, located on Rt. 44.

There is a number in today's classifieds for a rental in Collinsville. I would imagine you can access it at the Hartford Courant online. I was in town yesterday, and saw a sign on Center Street for rent. Didn't catch the number but it might be worth googling.

I think Collinsville is a neat little town. There is a great walk along the river that goes and goes, everytime I'm there I see tons of families.

Good luck with your move!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page