Mothering Forum banner

Calgary folks: Is the Science Centre neat? Lethbridge folks: Japanese gardens?

455 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  KimProbable 
#1 ·
We will be in Canada next week for our "Excellent Canadian Vacation"

We drive to Lethbridge first (to visit the Birds Of Prey Centre in Coaldale). We have read about the Japanese Gardens there and are wondering if they are nice. Sounds lovely, but it is good to hear from the local population!

Then it is north to Calgary. We are staying at a lovely B&B (we stayed there on our last visit 4 years ago). We have plans on visiting the zoo, more than a few bakeries and good restaurants (ds wants French & Greek, dh wants Middle Eastern), the Glenbow Museum for the end of the Egyptian/Greco-Roman exhibit, and some shopping for saris and exotic fabrics! We can find only limited info on the Alberta Science Centre in Calgary. Our son is 8 1/2 years old and he loves the Pacific Science Center in Seattle and the OMSI in Portland. How does the Calgary centre compare?

After Calgary, we drive to Drumheller for two days and the Royal Tyrell, and then back through Calgary and onward to Banff for a few days before heading south to Cranbrook & Creston and then home in the states.

Looking forward to the trip and the good weather & warm temps it sounds like we'll enjoy!

Thanks for any info you have!

See less See more
#2 ·
We went to the Japanese gardens for our honeymoon and I loved it. The people working there gave a lot of insight into the buildings and the historical aspects. The landscaping was breathtaking and I was in total awe as we walked around. It's a place that DH and I have decided we'll certainly visit again.

I hope your trip is great! (I'll forgive you for not making it further north to Edmonton
)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.