Mothering Forum banner

Looking for a no-vax/AP minded Ped or Family Practitioner in SW Ohio (Cincy area)

374 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  PancakeGoddess 
#1 ·
My family is vegetarian, we are very AP, and while we selectively vaxed DS, we are no discontinuing all vaxes for him and any future children.

I'd like a ped/family practitioner who is like minded - any ideas?

(My son does have some concerns, though - he has food allergies, but we have an awesome allergist who thinks perhaps the vaxes don't help the FAs at all!) and he also has Sensory Processing Disorder, asthma, and eczema.)

I'd prefer a family doc so DH and I can go there too! Any ideas?

#2 ·
Sorry, no answers here, because I'm looking as well! Who do you see now? We go to Springdale-Mason Peds., and they're hugely supportive of BFing. Depending on which dr you get, some of them are also supportive of other AP practices too (i.e. co-sleeping). We've been vaxing up till this point but I don't think we're going to from now on (at the very least, delayed/selective vaxing). So, I don't know how they are with not vaxing.

Anyway, if you find one will you please PM me with the info? Thanks and good luck!

#3 ·
We use Northeast Cincinnati Pediatrics, and I love them, but the doc I see is very laid back and has missed some major issues with DS (hello - dairy allergy - it was serious!!)

And, he doesn't come out and say he's pro vax, but he really pushed the chicken pox vax. He's ok with skipping the flu shot, but discussed the pox vax for a bit.

He didn't mind that we let DS tummy sleep (remember the dairy allergy - it helped his tummy feel better, it works for lots of refluxy babes.) He's pro-slings and gentle discipline.

I just would really like someone who didn't challenge my choices - he didn't say he'd fire us, but I also didn't officially say, "There will be no more needles!!"

I'm going to just start calling around, maybe I'll call my insurance company and check homeopathic docs and see what I get. I'll keep you in mind, though - what part of town are you in? (We're by Kings Island.)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.