Oklahoma mom needing a good pediatrician - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 06-24-2007, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need to find a good pediatrician in the OKC, Norman, Edmond or Shawnee areas. I am not going to vaccinate my baby and I don't want any problems from the doc. Is there a good pediatrician to take my baby to? Any that are alternative medicine or naturopaths? or Non-Vax friendly? I also don't want a doc that will pump him full of anti-biotics if there's a booger in his nose!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-27-2007, 01:20 AM

We used Dr Merl Simmons in Edmond. He's pro-vax like most any dr is going to be BUT he was fine with us delaying the vaccinations. The nurses did give me some hassle about it but I just ignored them. He was great about not oversubscribing medicine and he was so easy to talk to. He'd sit and talk to me for an hour if I was concerned about something and he tolerated my crazy ways! So..he was about as good as you can get around there.
#3 of 3 Old 06-27-2007, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I called Dr. Altschuler at the Balanced Healing Center and asked him for a referral for a pediatrician who was like him, in doing more natural things. I go to Altschuler and love him. He referred me to Dr. Kelly Stephens at Mercy in Edmond. I made the call for the appt. and told the nurse that I would NOT be getting ANY vaccinations and asked if that would be a problem and if he would still see us and she said..."No problem, I will make a note in his file that says BABY WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY VACCINATIONS." So from that conversation, to me, it sounds as if they have patients like that and they are ok with it. My appt is in two weeks and I will post an update and let all of you know how it went.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page