Mj~cannabis~industrial Hemp~summer'07 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 500 Old 06-29-2007, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WELCOME

WARM SUMMER WISHES~*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our standing message:
Our purpose is to Support, Educate & Share information regarding the Many Common & UnCommon Uses and Abuses of Cannabis/Marijuana.

We speak about News Currents, Media, "Medical" Marijuana, State Legislation, Parenting, Breastfeeding, Legal Issues, Spirituality, Plant Uses and Preparations, Opinion, Fact and Truth.

We promote the use of this wonderful Medicinal Plant for Appetite Stimulant, Spiritual Centering, Treating the symptoms of Morning Sickness, Chronic pain, Glaucoma and possibly Curing/Reversing Cancer, AIDS etc... Countless Citizens find this plant medically useful and less harmful than disease causing prescription and over the counter DRUGS.

We are also discussing Hemp another misunderstood plant & seed, which has many wonderful non-medicinal uses < Fiber, Fuel, Plastics, Nutritional Value etc...> This is also illegal to cultivate in much of the U.S. Also the subjects of using our Tax Dollars on Numerous Humanitarian Efforts. And spending less money on the "WAR" against Marijuana.

Many governments attempt to mis-inform and discourage Right Education and Safe Access to Marijuana. We Say... Use all things in harmony with yourself and others.

As this is a public forum and may be viewed by anyone with internet access, please be mindful what you post on this topic. Everyone has different comfort levels and we wouldn't want to discourage anyone from joining us. So... please Speak, Act, and Medicate responsibly. Also, remember the UA:

Quote:
Do not post in a disrespectful, defamatory, adversarial, baiting, harassing, offensive, insultingly sarcastic or otherwise improper manner, toward a member or other individual, including casting of suspicion upon a person, invasion of privacy, humiliation, demeaning criticism, name-calling, personal attack, or in any way which violates the law.

Welcome to our forum, newcomers, and enjoy!

Here is a list of useful links:

"Mothering" Morning Sickness Article
~CannabisMD : Home
~Drug Policy Alliance: Medical Marijuana
~American Medical Marijuana Association
~Marijuana Policy Project - Home
~MAPS: Medical Marijuana Research
~Ya-Hooka; CommUnity/Medical_Marijuana
~American Civil Liberties Union : Medical Marijuana Patients Serve San Diego Supervisors a Taste of their Own Medicine
~Medical Marijuana Information Links
http://www.norml.org/
http://www.cannabis-med.org/studies/study.php
http://www.greenmedicinegroup.org/pages/2/index.htm
http://www.medicalmj.org/
http://www.wamm.org/medicinalbenefits.htm
http://www.medicalmarijuanaprocon.org/
http://www.drugwarfacts.org/medicalm.htm
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...78#post6191078
http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/medical/
http://americanmarijuana.org/
http://www.mpp.org/site/c.glKZLeMQIs....BF78/Home.htm
http://www.maps.org/mmj/
http://www.aclu.org/drugpolicy/medma...s20060124.html
http://www.freedomtoexhale.com/medical.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 500 Old 06-29-2007, 09:02 PM

Welcome Summer!

Hello everyone! I am madly in love with this warm summer weather My LO is now 7 weeks (Wow that went fast! ) She's doing great and bfing is going wonderfully..

Peace, thanks for the tidy new thread!

Jesse- Big Hug, glad to hear things are turning for you.. Keep your mind on the positive.. and all the many things you are grateful for.. It's healing I promise.. Congrats on DH's new job..

Heyitstwins! How are those babies? How are you mama? Hope you are blissful and taking good care of yourself..

We are strong, wise, caring, women, and we are worthy of love and happiness... Hope all of you are finding time to center and love yourselves Tonite is the full moon, and I am going skinny dipping In the pond down the street to reclaim my body after my pregnancy.. Having a little trouble accepting all the new urm layers of me ....

Weird question for everyone... Who's pumping? My boobs are killing me because I can't get my boys to work with the pump, so I've been doing it manually, which causes hand cramps and sore boobies! OUCH!@ I just can't seem to make any milk with my lame monsterously machine like pump.. any suggestions?

Peace, Love and Green Dreams to you all
Kelly

ETA: Peace You Rock! You are absolutely beautiful Mama! I love the photos.. Rock on like the goddess you are.. I love it!
#3 of 500 Old 06-29-2007, 11:08 PM

my advice, try a different pump. and pump one side while nursing on the other.

just popping in to SUB.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#4 of 500 Old 06-30-2007, 03:21 AM

Hi everyone.
BlueJeanBaby; I never could get the hang of those pumps either. I'm not much help, but I hope the milk gets flowin' for ya.

I am bummed becasuse I miss my nuggies. I'm trying to save money and have some pooh shoes tonight.

But, its all love, isn't it so cheers to Summer! We've been swimming and blackberry picking and having such fun.

I hope you are all doing well.

Saamy Student mama to  superhero.gifand hearts.gifand babyf.gif

#5 of 500 Old 06-30-2007, 01:22 PM

Peace to everyone,

bluejeanbaby, everything is going well with the twinkies! The babes are growing so fast. I actually got 4 hours of straight sleep last night and I think it's due to them eating so well. Only a mother can appreciate such a short rest!

Jesse, I think everything will work out just fine. Sending you hugs and good vibes.

To everyone:
Even though things have been going well with the babies, I have been having some anxiety issues. I think a lot of it is due to not having any girlfriends around to talk to. Also, I have some baggage from my pregnancy that I am hashing out in my head, and sometimes I get pissed at the way I was treated by so-called friends and even family. I'm kind of mad at myself for not sticking up for myself, and even madder that I even had to defend my children before they even got here. I really try not to hold grudges but sometimes it is just so hard not to. I vented to my OB yesterday and cried. She knows I am usually the bubbly optimist, and prescribed me a low dose of Paxil. She knows how I am about conventional medicine but I think I do need a little push to get over this edge I am feeling.

I did try broc'ing. It made me feel worse, but in a good way. I actually realized I was being dishonest by pretending that everything was okay, when it actually wasn't. I am good at doing this. Sometimes I dig myself so far down in a hole, by time I really look up to see where I am, all I can see is a pinpoint of light. I am not ragging on myself, just being honest.

But Jabari is fussing. Lemme go get my baby!

Peace and blessings..and thanks for listening (reading)
#6 of 500 Old 06-30-2007, 01:40 PM

heyitstwins, have you tried meditation? It helps me deal with my issues a lot better... just a thought! Feel better... you will, you'll see.

Sending out good vibes to you and Jesse and all you green mommas out there in cyberspace!

bluejeanbaby,I nurse just fine but the pump and I never bonded... solution: no bottle for baby which has left me with little money, less sleep and some frustration but I wouldn't change it for the world... before I knew it she's 1 and now we can try her on other milks and I can go work a little longer. (Just wanted to share a different perspective)

:::
#7 of 500 Old 06-30-2007, 03:00 PM

dropping in to say "high". Haven't been around much I'm still on vacation.

s to all the mamas in need of some.

Once I get home I will be posting more often.
#8 of 500 Old 06-30-2007, 03:56 PM

Welcome, summer!

Jessemomme and I hope things work out for you as they somehow managed to for me and my big kids all these years.

I'm still not sure how much I'm going to be able to post here since ds is not doing so well lately, but I did want to make my presence known enough to say that you ladies rock and I learn so much just from lurking.

The morning sickness is lightening up a bit, but it's still so scary for me. I lost so much weight in my first trimester with my first full-term pregnancy that it took all of the second and third trimesters just to gain it back; I weighed exactly as much the day she was conceived as I did the day before she was born.

I don't ever want to go through that again.
#9 of 500 Old 06-30-2007, 05:20 PM

Hey everyone! I feel great today, the sun is shining, the full moon last night was amazing, and my father in law is opening his farmers market at his orchard today! Summertime is definetly better for my mood than wintertime Thanks Addys, I am getting a little more this morning than I got yesterday, though it's quite a balancing act, I asked SO to hold it for me and he turned pale.. He's scared of my boobs ... :Puke

Hope everyone is doing well, I wish I had you in my life in reality, I have no kynd mama friends out here, it's hard not having anyone to talk to or get the kids together... I know some of you talked about this before, but it really sucks not having a support group, (Hugs Twins!) Im still grateful I at least feel comfortable to come here

QOTD: How satisfied are you all with your careers? I am young (21) and still undecided about which path to choose, I'd love to be a naturopath, but I think High School Biology teacher is more practical... I've got two girls now, so I need to get a job that will have benefits such as time off and insurance kwim? just wondering :

Kelly

My plans for tonite
:
#10 of 500 Old 06-30-2007, 05:35 PM

Hi mamas. Im kinda new here, anyway i had a question for all of you. I smoked pot once in a while before I got pregnant but stopped when i found out i was and i didnt smoke again until about 3 months ago oh and my baby is 15 months, I was wondering if it is safe to smoke if I am still nursing we only nurse 3 or 4 times a day but the only research i can find is with newborns. Any advice you have or research you can direct me too would be very much appreciated.
#11 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 12:21 AM

So, thunderstorms are rolling on the horizon, its cool outside FINALLY and there is nothing I would love more than to *relax* outdoors with my hubby and a J.

Too bad our brilliant plan to save money in preparation for the baby was to 'house sit' for FIL while he is supposed to be away. He has been home for a month. Its like being in high school all over again.

Grrrr. I hope you ladies are having a greener evening than I am.

-rant over-
#12 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 12:48 AM

Mrs Bufford - I have a minds eye picture of you and hubby sneaking around like you were 16 years old, bottle of Visine in one pocket and package of chewing gum in the other.

Sorry to hear that, it sounds frustrating.
#13 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeanbaby View Post
QOTD: How satisfied are you all with your careers? I am young (21) and still undecided about which path to choose, I'd love to be a naturopath, but I think High School Biology teacher is more practical... I've got two girls now, so I need to get a job that will have benefits such as time off and insurance kwim? just wondering :

I teach middle school, and I love it! I'm heading into my 9th year, and I have no regrets, no plans to change career paths. Teaching is a very family-friendly job. When I add it all up, I get what I feel to be a decent salary for only working 3/4 of the year: 3 weeks off for Winter Break, 1 week off for Spring Break, roughly 10 weeks off for summer, and all the legal holidays. If your girls are already in school, then you'll likely have the same or a very similar schedule as they have, and that makes for fewer time management issues. If you have any questions, let me know!
#14 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahbeara87 View Post
Hi mamas. Im kinda new here, anyway i had a question for all of you. I smoked pot once in a while before I got pregnant but stopped when i found out i was and i didnt smoke again until about 3 months ago oh and my baby is 15 months, I was wondering if it is safe to smoke if I am still nursing we only nurse 3 or 4 times a day but the only research i can find is with newborns. Any advice you have or research you can direct me too would be very much appreciated.
Based on everything I've read here and elsewhere, I'd say that, yes, you're totally fine, but I don't have the links/research to back it up. There was a long discussion about this very issue in the Spring thread, but I know it's insanely long by now, so if you don't have the time to go back and search through it, maybe someone else will chime in.
#15 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 01:43 PM

Its going to take me like ALL of naptime to catch up in here, but I am just checking in!

I have a question for you all...I feel a little nervous posting in here cause I dont really have a good concept of how much to hide my support of :

How do you regulate your use? When I have it on hand, I tend to smoke more often than I thinkI should and I have many times weighed whether or not I should be using at all because of it. I never put anyone in harms way but I just feel better often when I do have a little bit.

How often do you partake and do you feel that its a good amount?

I wonder if I just have an addictive personality or something.

Also, I think one of my things is-will it go bad if I dont smoke it? If I spent alot of money on it, I think its not going to just sit there for 3 months and stay good. Am I wrong? (The good stuff-Not the crappy stuff)

I think I may have pulled out of a bi-polar depression recently but I am trying to plan for the next crash. I always comes, and I am not sure if MJ helps or hinders. I think it doesnt really have an effect.

Anyways, let me know what you think....meanwhile I'll be putting the littles down for nap, and catching up on posts in here.
#16 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 01:49 PM

If you keep your good stuff in an air-tight glass container (as long as it's ~dry~) it should keep just fine. I have my harvest from last October and it actually just keeps getting better.
#17 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 02:32 PM

Hey mamas! Long time no see!!
#18 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 03:26 PM

Hello y'all!

Having a crisis on belief right now--after hoping us MJ to help with m/s and anxiety during pregnancy, I just had a messy miscarriage requiring medical intervention. Now I'm not sure what I think. I know that MJ has a place in healthy pregnancy but I'm not sure if my pgs (three m/cs, one live birth, used MJ during one of the m/c pg) can still be classified s normal. I'll probably be really, really careful and just put nothing but organic food and spring water in my body for the first tri next time I conceive, but we'll see.
#19 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 03:37 PM

I am so sorry.

Please do elaborate (If you feel up to it) because I have had 2 healthy pregnancys with : and am pregnant with my third and : again. I would love to hear your perspective to aid me in my own choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie-dyed View Post
Hello y'all!

Having a crisis on belief right now--after hoping us MJ to help with m/s and anxiety during pregnancy, I just had a messy miscarriage requiring medical intervention. Now I'm not sure what I think. I know that MJ has a place in healthy pregnancy but I'm not sure if my pgs (three m/cs, one live birth, used MJ during one of the m/c pg) can still be classified s normal. I'll probably be really, really careful and just put nothing but organic food and spring water in my body for the first tri next time I conceive, but we'll see.
#20 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverthankful View Post
Mrs Bufford - I have a minds eye picture of you and hubby sneaking around like you were 16 years old, bottle of Visine in one pocket and package of chewing gum in the other.

Sorry to hear that, it sounds frustrating.
Its so like that. We were buying our homebirth supplies yesterday, and while we were in the pharmacy section we picked up eye drops and I told my husband how dumb it was that he even cares about red eye! The thing is, when I was in high school I didn't try to hide it, so going to great lengths to hide it now is plain silly. During one of our green-drives the other day, we stumbled upon a sunflower farm! It was amazing and we got some cool pics while we were there, so I guess being sneaky has its benefits!
#21 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 06:39 PM

Tie-dyed, I am so, so sorry. I can't even imagine.

Transformed, here's a little freshness secret: If it starts to dry out and get all crumbly, just rip off a little piece of a flour tortilla, and put it in an airtight jar with the green stuff. (We use old baby food jars ourselves, and those work quite well.) Give it a few hours, and it will plump up and be nice and moist again! I was amazed the first time we tried that!
#22 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 07:44 PM

How about a game of questions just for fun-

1. Pack the bong once and pass around the circle or individual hits?
2. Blunts are cannabis rolled in cigar paper or cannabis mixed with tobacco?
3. Lighters, matches, or other?
4. Keep the roach or toss the roach?
5. Best travel container?
6. Favorite alternative to smoking the herb- vape, bake, tea, or other?
7. Favorite strain?
8. Best cannabis magazine?
9. Favorite place to smoke out?
10.Favorite way to smoke- pipe, bubbler, chillum, bong, paper, or other?
#23 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunecookie View Post
How about a game of questions just for fun-
I can't belive I am even humoring this, LOL b/c I am soooo nervous about talking about this "on the internet." Guess I think "The Man" (or someone I know!) is watching!!!

I haven't had a bong around for a long long time, LOL. We passed it around; mabye I am getting old but I think I would go for indies these days if I were going to smoke a bong. :

Cigar paper

Bic. What's other? Campfire twig?

Keep it. Unless I am in a cleaning frenzy and I am tossing gladware, the roach is likley to go too!

I don't usually take it anywhere. Film cannister has always worked for me.

Never had any! Would probably prefer it to smoking. I quit ciggerettes a couple of years ago and I just dont really want to smoke anything. What is there? LOL We need a recipe thread. Or go post it in nutrition

7. Favorite strain?
I know nothing of this. I am not a real Hubby had some cat piss the other day and it was really nasty smelling and tasting but it was quite good.

Never read one. Should I?

Wherever I can get a moment in private, its been the garage latley.

Little glass pipe. (Not so great since I got preggo though b/c I tend to break them )

[/QUOTE]
#24 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 11:20 PM

Hehe. Smokin' survey!

1. Pack the bong once and pass around the circle or individual hits? Always pass! It has always made me sad to smoke from a bong alone.
2. Blunts are cannabis rolled in cigar paper or cannabis mixed with tobacco? Eww. Cannabis rolled in stinky cigar paper.
3. Lighters, matches, or other? Bic only.
4. Keep the roach or toss the roach? If I know things are about to dry up, I save the roach. If its on a car ride, always toss it.
5. Best travel container? Film canister stuck inside a skein of yarn.
6. Favorite alternative to smoking the herb- vape, bake, tea, or other? Bake it! I second a recipe thread. Maybe I should build my recipe/craft site so that we can post recipes there.
7. Favorite strain? I don't know the proper name, but it was blueberry and amazing.
8. Best cannabis magazine? I don't like them. Mainly because I am left with that empty 'I live in the bible belt and I rarely come across anything this good' feeling.
9. Favorite place to smoke out? When DH and I got together, smoking in our room was the best. Toke and then have a sexy saturday or whatever. Now its anywhere outside.
10.Favorite way to smoke- pipe, bubbler, chillum, bong, paper, or other? Bubbler.
#25 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 11:38 PM

OH so many responses I had in my head as I was catching up and now I cant remember to WHOM the responses were!!!!

to tiedyed... I cant imagine what you're going thru, and I totally understand your reluctance now - I didnt smoke during the pg because I thot that if something DID happen, I would blame the smoking, even tho in the back of my mind i KNEW it wouldnt be the cause of any evil. sending you healing vibes.. and tons of love.

I think it was heyitstwins saying no real life mommy support around you? i know EXACTLY what you mean, I dont have alot of mommy friends that TRULY know me.... i'm in a couple mom groups, but if they knew the real me, i think they'd kick me out in a heart beat - that I followed the dead for a short time and even partied with bobby once or twice!! (lovey eyes) I even feel nervous about this space, because in one of the mom groups I know a woman who is a regular at MDC.... and I would not want her to know this is ME!!! she claims to be this very hippie momma, but I've heard her make some racist and closed minded comments and I would never want her to know i'm here in this thread.

someone else was talking about how long the green is good, BE CAREFUL!!! I had saved my good stuff since before I got pg..... and I finally decided to partake when DS was about 8 months old... my GOOD STUFF was MOLDED!!!! ARGH!!!!!

also - about vapes - someone had posted a link to what they used(a long time ago) , but I cant find it... for you vaping mommas out there - can you recommend a good one?

oh and JesseMomma -

so happy you all are out HERE!!
#26 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 11:38 PM

Hi Mamas!

individual hits

rolled in cigar paper

Lighter

toss it

film canister

I have only smoked. I would love to have some happy brownies.

7. Favorite strain?
don't know much about strains

I have only skimmed through High times once. I liked it.

in the woods. but usually in the laundry room (next to the garage)

good ol' fashioned pipe.

Mama to a 3.5 yo dd
#27 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 11:58 PM

1. Pack the bong once and pass around the circle or individual hits? Individual.
2. Blunts are cannabis rolled in cigar paper or cannabis mixed with tobacco? Yuckers. Neither.
3. Lighters, matches, or other? Lighters.
4. Keep the roach or toss the roach? Don't use 'em because we don't do joints.5. Best travel container? Saran wrap knotted up in a hankie, which is then rolled into knotted socks. Yes, we're paranoid.
6. Favorite alternative to smoking the herb- vape, bake, tea, or other? Vape, for sure.
7. Favorite strain? Not sure, I've tried a lot of good stuff, but DH once got some very purple stuff that was awesome.8. Best cannabis magazine? Don't read them.
9. Favorite place to smoke out? The music room, i.e. DH's den where he stores all his instruments and where the computer is. We have it gated, so DD can't get in there.10.Favorite way to smoke- pipe, bubbler, chillum, bong, paper, or other? Bubbler, for sure.
#28 of 500 Old 07-01-2007, 11:59 PM

BTW, Hi there, Mommy2Amira! It took me a sec to realize that we're both posting here and on the Moms to Onlies tribe! Nice to see you here! :
#29 of 500 Old 07-02-2007, 12:05 AM

1. Pack the bong once and pass around the circle or individual hits? pass around, man. and peace to all.
2. Blunts are cannabis rolled in cigar paper or cannabis mixed with tobacco? cigar paper. never understood mixing it with tobacco (common in israel...)
3. Lighters, matches, or other? whatever i can get my hands on. damn this electric stove!
4. Keep the roach or toss the roach? KEEP
5. Best travel container? whatever it is, place it in the trunk of the car. the cops need a higher level of suspicion to search the trunk if you get stopped.
6. Favorite alternative to smoking the herb- vape, bake, tea, or other? VAPE and tea. oh i miss my tea! (if you make the tea, you can always freeze the extra in ice cube trays. tee-hee)
7. Favorite strain? i once had this columbian stuff...oh man!
8. Best cannabis magazine? never read any. like others have said, i just can't good stuff so it is like a major tease!
9. Favorite place to smoke out? in the pool
10.Favorite way to smoke- pipe, bubbler, chillum, bong, paper, or other? VAPE

and to the PP asking about vaporizers - i have the volcano which is kind of the gold standard. really expensive but i got it for us as a wedding present a few years ago. it is nice. really nice. it does take a few minutes of prep time (for it to heat and fill the balloon) but i do think the health benefits of smoking this way are awesome. and it just feels really good.

Legal Mama to TWO homebirthed, unschooled, unvaxed, cloth diapered, mei tei loving, still breastfeeding baby girl 1/14/07 and an intact 8 pound 10 ouncer baby boy 4/5/10.
#30 of 500 Old 07-02-2007, 01:33 AM

Soo much to say!
First off... sarah... I haven't had any problems with nursing and smoking but I truly believe it has to do with the level of comfort of each person. If you don't feel it, don't do it.

transformed... welcome and my response to you is this: I don't regulate my use. I personally feel very comfortable with my level of intake and I know my "dosage" which is only a couple of hits and it varies. It may be almost everyday for a weel but then a few days will go back without anything. ALthough I must admit, lately I've felt the need for doing it at least 5 out of 7 days per week. I know I'm not addicted but it's up to you to figure out if you feel addicted (imo). Oh, and I don't know about it getting old or moldy because we buy enough to last us a couple of months but between DP and I we consume it just fine.

And now the answers to this game:

1. Pack the bong once and pass around the circle or individual hits? Pass the dutchie...
It depends on who you ask... but I don't do either
3. Lighters, matches, or other? I prefer matches but hubby likes lighters and that's what we use for the most part
4. Keep the roach or toss the roach? Don't use but would not toss
5. Best travel container? Used to be film canister, lately it's in an amber colored prescription medicine canister... but I think I'll try msjd123's response
6. Favorite alternative to smoking the herb- vape, bake, tea, or other? Would like to try baking
7. Favorite strain? is it called creepy where you are?
8. Best cannabis magazine? only log into cannabisculture.com
9. Favorite place to smoke out? Well, we do it in our bathroom when the kids are around or in our bedroom... did you mean outdoors?
10.Favorite way to smoke- pipe, bubbler, chillum, bong, paper, or other? Pipe

:::

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page