Mothering Forum banner

PDX July thread

68K views 4K replies 71 participants last post by  forsythia 
#1 ·
#3 ·
have a lovely mamablessing today tiffany!!!! pampering is the BEST!

my mom arrives this afternoon for 2 weeks. i am heavily looking forward to the pampering myself!!

i am loving this perfect summer weather
isaac and i made 4th of july decorations for our front porch and i feel like SUMMER is here! my dh even bought a portable air conditioner yesterday so maybe we will be able to stand our upstairs this week when it gets hot.

#5 ·
when IS it going to get hot anyways?

i cant complain really its nicer to be this huge and minorly uncomfortable in grey weather than it is when its 104* out!
i am leaving here in a few minutes. dropping Addy off with Papa, then on my way!

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AddysMama View Post
when IS it going to get hot anyways?

i cant complain really its nicer to be this huge and minorly uncomfortable in grey weather than it is when its 104* out!
i am leaving here in a few minutes. dropping Addy off with Papa, then on my way!
supposed to be 90 on wednesday (or thursday - can't remember...)

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
: Subbing, even though I'll most likely be woefully behind after our CA trip. I'm looking forward to "showing off" my beautiful babe, though

What a cutie pie!

Tiff, I hope your mama blessing is wonderful! Wish I could go. Sadly, I think the last time I looked at the clock was 3 AM. Really. NO. MORE. COFFEE.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by embers View Post
Someone please make me a daily schedule of wonderful activities to engage my whole family, come organize our household, restructure our finances, and remind me how to parent.

Thanks!

When they are done there would you send 'em over here pretty please?
:

I keep asking for a house elf (to be treated wonderfully well, I might add), but no one seems to have one on hand.....

#13 ·
Ok, so we got Mr Silly-Potty a timer... it beeps... he LOVES it. He is all on board to wear underweat just so we will set it, then 30 minutes later, he sits on the potty- yay! But today, we had to bring the potty out by the stero, so he could listen to pirates while he peed.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
Ok, so we got Mr Silly-Potty a timer... it beeps... he LOVES it. He is all on board to wear underweat just so we will set it, then 30 minutes later, he sits on the potty- yay! But today, we had to bring the potty out by the stero, so he could listen to pirates while he peed.

This seems like a good idea. I will have to remember it for when we get to the underwear stage. Somedays I think we are close. Other days, not so much. She is mostly waking up in the morning dry to go on the potty. She will go pee pee on the potty throughout the day if you place her on it. But if you ask her if she had to go she always shakes her head no. She does not poop on the potty and if she has poop in her diaper she will run away from you shaking her head

Just a little toilet update for any one who is interested.

Have a wonderful mama blessing today, tiffany!

#16 ·
Quote:

Someone please make me a daily schedule of wonderful activities to engage my whole family, come organize our household, restructure our finances, and remind me how to parent.

Thanks!

:

Ok, I'm going to try to keep up with the thread while it's still short...

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessielove View Post
So my butt is swollen, if anyone wants to know. Any home remedies for allergic reactions to bug bites would be wonderfully appreciated. We're out of Benadryl and I'm in misery.
Oh Jessie I am sorry your butt is swollen but that is just
. Check your email lady, there is co op stuff in there. Hey I got my Joanns educator discount card in the mail, can you use it for sale items?

#21 ·
Quote:

Thanks!

Um, could I get on that list too? Is there a waiting list for this service? OMG what a brilliant business idea. Someone needs to start this!!! I'd pay!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessielove View Post
So my butt is swollen, if anyone wants to know. Any home remedies for allergic reactions to bug bites would be wonderfully appreciated. We're out of Benadryl and I'm in misery.
I think this calls for one of the only times you may say "Kiss my Ass" and not mean it in a derogatory way....it's a boo boo and it needs a mooch!
:
Hydrocortizone cream for itchin', but other than that, I've got nothin. Sounds uncomfortable to say the least....

#23 ·
Quote:

Thanks!

why not a massage while we're at it?

the mama blessing way great! tiff looks so happy and ready to become a mama of two now......thanks for letting us be a part of it and for sharing your fears with us. you'll do beautifully!

and thanks to arwyn for putting it together--wish i could have done more to help. i think it was a complete success so pat your self on the back--literally, do it. now. i am watching you.

(ps: i love brisen and he can eat my nose anytime.)

so i am so
right now b/c i felt crampy at the gatheirng, like i'd started my period which would be BS b/c i should ovulate anyday now. apparently removing the mirena can cause bleeding for who knows how long! so this isn't *really* a period--will i still ovulate? if i do will the bleeding flush out any baby-to-be's?? i am freakin'. thought everyone should know.

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Ruby just WALKED!!!!

OK it was short lived because I screamed WOOOOHOOO RUBY!!!! and startled her and she fell on her little diapered butt! But she took three unassisted steps before that happened!!!
:

WOO-HOO!!!!!! how exciting!!!!!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.