North-of-Seattle mamas: 4th of July plans? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-03-2007, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering what you all are doing! Last year we went to a friend's apartment (overlooking Lake Union) for a fantastic view of the fireworks . . . but she is not hosting a gathering this year. We have another friend who lives downtown, but the renovations on her roof will not be done in time for Wednesday. And I don't really want to hang out in a park downtown all day to try to get a good spot, because it is supposed to be so hot.

So, what are you north-end mamas doing on Wednesday? We are recent transplants to Lake Stevens, and I can't seem to find any info about what (if anything) the city does. Any of you have great local celebrations to go to?
#2 of 4 Old 07-03-2007, 11:21 PM

hey mama - I'm in NE Seattle, does that count?

We're going over to some friend's house - they have a view of lake union. Trying to decide when to time our arrival so that our toddler will be happy until fireworks She's a nightowl already, so not worried about bedtime, but just general boredom or running mama ragged! Wish I could invite you, but I think it is pretty small.

It has been a few years since I've been in the loop about the best place to go! Gasworks park is always an option. If you ride bikes, you could park a bit away from the action and ride into the fun on the Burke Gilman trail. I never did that, but have friends up here who do it every year!

mama to two sweet girliesdust.gifhearts.gifrainbow1284.gif 
#3 of 4 Old 07-04-2007, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Well, we decided to stay up north--DD and I are wilting in this weather, and I'm sure that parking is going to be insane this evening.

We are up here in Lake Stevens, so we decided to just drive up to Boom City this evening and check out the fireworks display there. I am guessing there will be quite a show!

I hope everyone has a safe & happy 4th, and enjoys the sunshine today.
#4 of 4 Old 07-04-2007, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birth Junky View Post
Well, we decided to stay up north--DD and I are wilting in this weather, and I'm sure that parking is going to be insane this evening.

We are up here in Lake Stevens, so we decided to just drive up to Boom City this evening and check out the fireworks display there. I am guessing there will be quite a show!

I hope everyone has a safe & happy 4th, and enjoys the sunshine today.

From what I can hear from my house every year, the Boom City display is quite impressive!

We are at my mom's on Vashon, and I haven't seen a paper in a few days, but I know the Herald generally runs an article with the area displays.

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page