Can anyone teach me how to knit? Lansing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-06-2007, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I REALLY need to learn how to knit. I will buy my own supplies if someone can teach me. Please Please pretty please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2007, 02:54 PM

It has been a while but I could try to teach you. You could also go to the kintting gatherings at the GBC. I know one of the ladies could show you too.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

I think I would feel silly going there not knowing what Im doing... Ive thought about doing that, but I dont know.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls181 View Post
I REALLY need to learn how to knit. I will buy my own supplies if someone can teach me. Please Please pretty please?
Lansing Parks and Recreation offers free drop-in knitting lessons at Foster Community Center. You can call Foster CC for details or get Lynn's contact information from Rae's Yarn Boutique. Lynn teaches classes at Rae's also.

The Mid-Michigan Knitter's Guild has knitting nights every week. Any of the area yarn shops will have their contact info. I'm just not sure if they meet in the summer. I normally like knitting when I'm sitting still but I just can't stand to touch any of my wool projects right now.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryonyvaughn View Post
I normally like knitting when I'm sitting still .
I just want to know how you find time to sit still
Old 07-06-2007, 10:52 PM

hey smalls, i can show you the basics....I even have extra needles you may have.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireant View Post
hey smalls, i can show you the basics....I even have extra needles you may have.
cool!!!! my goal is to ultimately be able to knit longies and soakers and such. But Im sure that will take a lot of time. Ill just be happy if I can knit booties and hats and scarves.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls181 View Post
cool!!!! my goal is to ultimately be able to knit longies and soakers and such. But Im sure that will take a lot of time. Ill just be happy if I can knit booties and hats and scarves.
I can show you hats and scarves in 5 minutes! I have to bring your papers anyway

HAHAHAHAHA I was trying to wait and post something neat for my but I forgot
Old 07-07-2007, 12:01 PM

In all of my de-cluttering I have a few books that I am getting rid of..knitting books. ...Olivia would LOVE LOVE LOVE to learn too if you would like a learning buddy. She has been bugging me about it forever..I just don't know how to do it and have not found the motivation to learn with her.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
I can show you hats and scarves in 5 minutes! I have to bring your papers anyway

HAHAHAHAHA I was trying to wait and post something neat for my but I forgot
Oh you ruined the 1000th post on me!!? That sucks!

OKay sweet. I have lots of help. You guys rock.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3for_me View Post
I just want to know how you find time to sit still
I realized I needed to build breaks into my day to keep my sanity. Between keeping up the house and yard, homeschooling the kids, my classwork, and studying/practicing homeopathy, I could keep busy 72 hours every day and still not have something both concrete and long-lasting to show for it. That's why I picked up knitting after a 30 year break.

I've never been a big TV fan but started recording programs to watch later. I'll sit on my butt and knit while I watch TV. I wouldn't have the patience to watch TV otherwise and feel good afterwards seeing I made a concrete difference in my world that won't be instantly undone by a curious toddler, muddy dog, thoughtless hubby. Aaaahhhh! It's cheap therapy and Christmas presents rolled into one.

Now that it's too hot to work on my two wool projects, I'm still watching TV but building spreadsheets instead of garments.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryonyvaughn View Post

I've never been a big TV fan but started recording programs to watch later. I'll sit on my butt and knit while I watch TV. I wouldn't have the patience to watch TV otherwise and feel good afterwards seeing I made a concrete difference in my world that won't be instantly undone by a curious toddler, muddy dog, thoughtless hubby. Aaaahhhh! It's cheap therapy and Christmas presents rolled into one.
Amen to that! I used to knit for exactly the same reasons! I can't wait till L get's old enough that I can pick it back up again.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slsurface View Post
Amen to that! I used to knit for exactly the same reasons! I can't wait till L get's old enough that I can pick it back up again.
Yea I think Im pretty crazy for trying to learn this while Scarlett is at this crazy toddler stage... she is very interested in everything that I do.

hanno is teaching me (because she lives to close) but I think Im doing something wrong.. oh well.... Im learning! Ive got the basics. yay!

User Tag List