Halft crunchy hone, in a not so crunchy county - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-13-2007, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey there! I am actually looking for some advice. I am fairly granola, cloth diapering, babywearing semi AP attempting to breastfeed my adopted son who is now 7 weeks old.. My partner, on the other hand, is very UN-crunchy, not very supportive about the adoptive breastfeeding, and listens to Dr. Laura... on purpose. I am trying to get her to try AP. We talked about before we got kids and she was ok with it, but now she won't do it (except for the CD and co sleeping, she's ok with that). To make matters worse, we live in San Bernardino County. Very conservative, so I don't have any support there either. Any advice? Or anyone ever been in the situation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2007, 04:29 AM

Just a thought: you might get a good response if you try to pose this question in the Queer Parenting thread.

Allyson - wife, mama, midwife
Old 07-24-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iemaja View Post
Just a thought: you might get a good response if you try to pose this question in the Queer Parenting thread.
I read about this topic in Parents as Partners, all the time. There is an archive, too. Good luck. I feel for you. Ugh, Dr. Laura? IMHO, that is grounds for divorce.

User Tag List