Mothering Forum banner

doctors in Lakeland, Tampa, Orlando area

456 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mlleoiseau 
#1 ·
Hi! I am Deborah, mom to 3 ½ yr old Michaela. We are currently living in the DC area, but are moving back home to Polk City in two weeks. Dh has been in the military and is getting out.

My question right now is about pediatricians and doctors. We will still have military medical coverage for almost two months, and have to sign up by this Friday with Tricare listing our new doctors. We hopefully won't need a doctor during that time, except for getting an allergist referral for dd and trying to set up an in office challenge for peanuts. Since we have to pick a doctor, though, I wanted to ask for any input anyone may have regarding the following doctors. We don't vax. Other than food allergies and a history of eczema and chalazia, dd is very healthy and hasn't really had any medications. Here are the peds in the immediate area we can choose from:
Qureshi, Akbar A MD
Pistoria, Tamara T DO
Rolette, Ayanna MD
Leviten, Daniel L MD
Cory, Matthew J MD
Chachad, Sairah Y MD
McRae, Chad MD
Renuart, Daniel R MD
Ray, Rachel A MD
Silver, Margaret G MD
Smith, Norah M MD
Ray, Dorothy J MD

And does anyone know anything about these pediatric allergists?
Martinez, Santiago E MD
Andrade, Jose MD
Dominquez, Jose C Jr MD
Tang, Nathan MD
Ravi, Jayanthi M MD
Ahmed, Imtiaz MD
Jerez-Martin, Diana P MD

Also, dh and I have to choose a doctor. Does anyone have any input about the following family practice doctors?
Aqui, Prudencio P MD
Dean, Byron R DO
Mondello, Christopher G DO
Arbolaez, Fidel MD
Cook, Roxann C DO
Bedi, Bhupinder S MD
Ghaly, Youssef B MD

I know that after our military coverage ends, we'll probably be looking for new doctors, so I'll probably be asking for input again.
TIA!

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks! I ended up going with Tamara Pistoria. She's an osteopathic doctor and someone on another group said she's good and fine with not vaxing. We haven't seen her yet--have an appointment set up for Set 17th. Our insurance runs out on Sept 22nd, though, so unless she's on whatever new insurance we end up with, we'll probably not see her.

I replied to your thread. Hope you find a good ped for your son.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.