#361 of 1984 Old 08-22-2007, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
You're in my thoughts, MMM.
Frog, I love your sig!

Taking care of my sisters dd (8 months) today, with DH help. There may be bigger time gaps between my DC than I thought.......
#362 of 1984 Old 08-22-2007, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shanna~ View Post
Frog, I love your sig!
Heh. Thanks.
#363 of 1984 Old 08-22-2007, 11:15 AM

MMM, glad I could help. But I was sure your TCM-practitioner friend would put your mind at ease as well. Congrats on DP's job - that's wonderful!!!
You're halfway there - hang in there!

Quote:
Taking care of my sisters dd (8 months) today, with DH help. There may be bigger time gaps between my DC than I thought.......

I've been thinking the same thing, based on morning sickness alone. : I'm such a wimp.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#364 of 1984 Old 08-22-2007, 11:39 AM

MMM-your 2ww will be very closely stalked by all of us. Good luck!

PiePie-I'm glad you got an LC...I hope things get better soon!

Come ponder with me about food!
#365 of 1984 Old 08-22-2007, 12:03 PM

Maela, I'm so sorry about the hard night. We had one where Punkin cried for well over an hour. I finally gave him Hyland's colic tablets. They knocked him out in about two minutes and he slept for 4 hours!!

I think our very best purchase has been our yoga ball. I'm sure most of you already have one. But, it's perfect for bouncing fussy babes without getting tired and wearing out your legs so much.
I also walk, bounce, sing, use a paci, etc. Another thing that sometimes works for us is white noise. We have a sound system that isn't hooked up to use as a radio, but has that option. So, we turn it on the "radio" and it's just static. It works great.

MMM, thinking of you this next week.

We feed Punkin about the same as Shanna does Fenton. When he was a week old and losing weight due to my bf'ing issues, we had to wake him to feed every 2-3 hours. Once he was taking the recommended amount, we were able to stop charting what he was eating and stop waking him, unless it was more than 4 hours. Now, he knows when he wants/needs to eat. I haven't woken him to eat since the first month. He usually goes 3-5 hours at night, but sometimes as little as 2. It just depends. And during the day, he is finally spacing out his feeding to more of 2-3 hours instead of 1-2. And along with that, taking more at one feeding. Very cool.

Katt, I hope you don't mind. But, I took pics with my camera of the pics I bought that you took of me. I wanted to share them here. These are the belly pics that she took for me at about 35 or 36 weeks. She did such a great job! It was so hard to narrow it down to just these.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...sbyKatt008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...sbyKatt007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...sbyKatt006.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...sbyKatt005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...sbyKatt004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...sbyKatt002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...sbyKatt001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...sbyKatt003.jpg
#366 of 1984 Old 08-22-2007, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
beccabear what beautiful pictures! Katt did a great job

Mommy to DS1 bouncy.gifJuly '09 and DS2 baby.gif Oct '12

#367 of 1984 Old 08-22-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
They may not be related, you know...
True. I guess I just thought she wore herself out with all the crying.
Dd only fussed for a half hour last night; and it wasn't really full-on crying. I'm pretty sure that most of the time she gets fussy at night while eating is because she wants to comfort suck, but my milk just comes out so fast and so much. So last night after a half hour of her coming on and off the breast and crying, I gave her the paci while I rocked her and she fell asleep within a few minutes.
No five hour stretch of sleep last night. I don't mind though; I'm actually getting used to the 3 hour naps.

Quote:
Maela, I'm so sorry . Days like that are so distressing. I don't have the link and don't have time to google it, but check the Dr. Sears site for suggestions with fussy babies. I'm trying to remember what other things he suggests, since you've tried everything I would have tried.....hairdryer, chamomillia homeopathic remedy. DH sometimes had luck holding Fenton on his adams apple and humming/buzzing. Going outside helped us oftentimes, as did wrapping in the Moby and walking (like swaddling, with walking). Ultimately though, we have to stare in the face that fact that often there isn't something to "fix" . Oh, and singing has helped us a lot. Something without a lot of pauses: This little light of mine, you are my sunshine, Climbing Jacobs Ladder........
Thanks. Another thing that usually works for us is when Dh will take her for me and tell her a story while lookong straight into her face. She will quiet down and just stare at him until she closes her eyes. It's so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaBear View Post
Maela, I'm so sorry about the hard night. We had one where Punkin cried for well over an hour. I finally gave him Hyland's colic tablets. They knocked him out in about two minutes and he slept for 4 hours!!

I think our very best purchase has been our yoga ball. I'm sure most of you already have one. But, it's perfect for bouncing fussy babes without getting tired and wearing out your legs so much.
I'll have to try our yoga ball! Thanks for the tip. Our bathroom fan also works as "white noise." She also likes the sound of the shower running, which is great for me! I'm able to shower every day, while she sits in her little bouncy seat right next to the shower door.

BeccaBear I love your pics! Good job katt!

Yesterday, I went to the grocery store all by myself with Dd in the sling. It's hard to go grocery shopping with a baby when you live on the 3rd floor. The sling really helped. I felt so cool!

MMM lots of to you!

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
#368 of 1984 Old 08-22-2007, 03:20 PM

Maela - You are cool!

MMM - Thinking of you

Becca - Love the shots!

White noise and movement and housecleaning = VACUUM! wear baby and clean your carpets all at the same time. it does work
#369 of 1984 Old 08-22-2007, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I've been thinking the same thing, based on morning sickness alone. :
i feel that way too. for me, surviving morning sickness was a much bigger challenge than the actual birth, if you can believe it.
#370 of 1984 Old 08-22-2007, 08:21 PM

again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and all 'round excellent and foetus nurturing vibes. you're wonderful

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#371 of 1984 Old 08-22-2007, 09:10 PM

Shanna and PiePie, I'm so glad you are seeing some light on your night-time issues!

Maela, yay that the loooong fussy time doesn't seem to be a habit!

MMM, you must let us know as soon as you know.

Quote:
Kelly, I'm so glad that everything is going well! . Are you feeling better? How is Christina? How are the birthing and pre-natal plans going for each of you? tell me, tell me, tell me!
I'm feeling a lot better. Whew! I haven't really made many birthing plans. I'm kinda avoiding birthing books right now. : I think I'm a bit in denial. But there's plenty of time, right? I'm 13 weeks today, btw.

Quote:
As for birthing plans...ha! I haven't touched a book/notebook etc. Seems a year of waiting still wasn't enough to prepare me for this.
Haha, me too!!!

Quote:
But I have my first real prenatal appt on Thursday. I'm excited. I think they may offer to use the doppler to try to hear the hb, but I'm conflicted over whether I want to do that. It seems to be more of an issue for DH, but he's not going to be at this appt anyway.
Good luck on your decision. I was conflicted over that too. Let us know how your appt goes tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maela View Post
Yesterday, I went to the grocery store all by myself with Dd in the sling. It's hard to go grocery shopping with a baby when you live on the 3rd floor. The sling really helped. I felt so cool!
I'm really looking forward to that sort of thing! I don't know exactly why. I fantasize about going to the grocery store in the middle of the day with baby in a sling. So your story made me happy.

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

#372 of 1984 Old 08-22-2007, 09:30 PM

I'm such a dork. DH and I went into a natural parenting store to scope it out (they apparently do gift registries-sweet!), even though we're not even pregnant yet. And I was so excited to see several expecting couples in there!

Maela, here's hoping for more sleep and less crying.

Becca, those shots are great! Good job, katt

Snozzberry, I think whatever you need to do to get through it is just fine. Things will get better, I am sure of it. And yeah, I totally want to bring baby with me in a sling to the grocery store. I think that would be simply the best.

#373 of 1984 Old 08-22-2007, 11:36 PM

So I really should be going to bed, but I had to come and brag about my first maternity clothes purchase!

I've been watching Craigslist for postings about maternity clothes, and I responded to a few this week. Tonight, I dragged DH with me to this woman's house and made him watch me try stuff on. I ended up finding 2 pairs of modern-looking jeans, 1 pair of super-cute capri jeans I can wear now and let my belly hang out, and 3 cute tops. Guess what I spent!!!

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
FIFTEEN DOLLARS TOTAL!!!

Can you believe it? DH is sick of hearing me rave about what a deal we got, so I had to spread the love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
I'm such a dork. DH and I went into a natural parenting store to scope it out (they apparently do gift registries-sweet!), even though we're not even pregnant yet. And I was so excited to see several expecting couples in there!
Anyone you know? I'm so jealous you have a natural parenting store! I don't think we have one, but I should look into it more. Maybe one is lurking out there somewhere...

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

#374 of 1984 Old 08-23-2007, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
MMM, you must let us know as soon as you know.
Of course!!! I'm not planning to tell anyone really until 8 weeks so you will all have to hear about it a lot!!

Quote:
So I really should be going to bed, but I had to come and brag about my first maternity clothes purchase!

I've been watching Craigslist for postings about maternity clothes, and I responded to a few this week. Tonight, I dragged DH with me to this woman's house and made him watch me try stuff on. I ended up finding 2 pairs of modern-looking jeans, 1 pair of super-cute capri jeans I can wear now and let my belly hang out, and 3 cute tops. Guess what I spent!!!

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
FIFTEEN DOLLARS TOTAL!!!

Can you believe it? DH is sick of hearing me rave about what a deal we got, so I had to spread the love.
ooo- i hadn't thought to obsess over maternity clothes. I'm on my way to ebay now!!!
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
I'm such a dork. DH and I went into a natural parenting store to scope it out (they apparently do gift registries-sweet!), even though we're not even pregnant yet.
Not a dork - or if you are, I am too! The day after we insem'ed I went and drooled over a cloth nappies (diapers) and CUTE uber expensive organic baby clothes.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#375 of 1984 Old 08-23-2007, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post

Not a dork - or if you are, I am too! The day after we insem'ed I went and drooled over a cloth nappies (diapers) and CUTE uber expensive organic baby clothes.
Yeah, exactly. They had such cute stuff! If I had endless money, I'd probably buy a ton right now.

And no, snozzberry, no one I know-sigh. The store isn't exactly near me-its 2 hours away. But it's close when I visit VT And they are going to have an online store soon, so good enough!

#376 of 1984 Old 08-23-2007, 11:19 AM

PiePie, this post made me think of you.
#377 of 1984 Old 08-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Banned

snozz:

awesome deal! i should definitely check that out when my time comes. same is true of baby clothes i guess.

witchy:

i get the same way about baby stores and what not. the waldorff toy store is really exciting to me. they have all sorts of awesome, natural toys. i love that place.
#378 of 1984 Old 08-23-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
I'm kinda avoiding birthing books right now. :
don't feel bad. i went in and out on birthing books -- sometimes preferring baby books over birthing books, as if i could skip right over my anxieties... the interest in reading about birthing came in waves, which worked out to be fine, as 39 weeks is a long enough time for lotsa tides
#379 of 1984 Old 08-24-2007, 08:53 AM

Thought some of you might like MotherVerse blog. Doing my best at making this time go fast. Not very successful so far. I'm totally gonna cave and test on Sunday.:

#380 of 1984 Old 08-24-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
Thought some of you might like MotherVerse blog. Doing my best at making this time go fast. Not very successful so far. I'm totally gonna cave and test on Sunday.:
some interesting reads on there, MMM. And I was going to say something about you being such an impatient Aries, but then I thought that I'd be in the same boat, because I'm an impatient Taurus.

#381 of 1984 Old 08-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Banned

i think it's hard to be patient, because it's like christmas or your birthday. . .you know? there's a gift in it, and you're anticipating it.

that's one of the cool things (ok, this is random) about quaker meeting. the process of quaker worship (unprogrammed), is to put yourself in a state of meditative anticipation of the spirit. it's really a wild way to practice--exciting and calming.

and boy does it develop patience. when i have more time, i'm definitely going back to meeting.
#382 of 1984 Old 08-24-2007, 05:50 PM

I just want to brag here: we went for our ped appt., and she has not only regained but SURPASSED her birth weight. I can't tell you how relieved I am. When I was pregnant I was a little horrified to discover that I was born weighing only 5 lbs., 12 oz., but my mom was quick to add that I was up to 50% by my first . She said this with waht I then believed to be inordinate pride, betraying an obsession with external standards, etc. Now I see what she means! It is just awesome affirmation.
#383 of 1984 Old 08-24-2007, 05:56 PM

Gooooooooooooooo Lorelei!

Goooooooooooooooooo PiePie!
#384 of 1984 Old 08-24-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
I just want to brag here: we went for our ped appt., and she has not only regained but SURPASSED her birth weight. I can't tell you how relieved I am. When I was pregnant I was a little horrified to discover that I was born weighing only 5 lbs., 12 oz., but my mom was quick to add that I was up to 50% by my first . She said this with waht I then believed to be inordinate pride, betraying an obsession with external standards, etc. Now I see what she means! It is just awesome affirmation.
Yay!

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
#385 of 1984 Old 08-24-2007, 08:51 PM

We sing her the "Little Shop of Horrors" song -- Feed me, Seymour...all night long!"
#386 of 1984 Old 08-24-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
We sing her the "Little Shop of Horrors" song -- Feed me, Seymour...all night long!"

PiePie, how has your mom been following the birth? Does she believe you yet?
#387 of 1984 Old 08-24-2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:

PiePie, how has your mom been following the birth? Does she believe you yet?
my mom has been great. in her own way. i assigned her the task of buying DD sunbonnets, and she went to town trying to replicate ones she had bought for me. she does well with assigned tasks, particularly ones that involve shopping. she has had some good advice about the and nipple trauma, not all of it the most up-to-date (e.g., i think recent studies show that vitamin e doesn't help), but still nice, and very encouraging when i was worried about weight gain. and even congratulatory about the natural birth! she is thrilled it's a girl (she has been sure it was a girl for a long time) and approves of the name. so all in all pretty great. they haven't pushed for a visit yet, thank God -- i want to hold them off until the christening in november, just so we can get our parenting legs.

speaking of holding off visitors, i caved and am allowing a friend to interrupt our babymoon in exchange for her returning our rental hosp-grade pump. dh is adamant that he does not want to do it, and of course i shouldn't be going anywhere, let alone with a 15 lb machine. she is one of 2 friends who has been persistent in pushing to come over. we have a babymoon msg on our outgoing voicemail, but some folks just don't get it.
#388 of 1984 Old 08-25-2007, 07:45 PM

Heaven help me, I found Diaperswappers!!!!
#389 of 1984 Old 08-25-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt View Post
#390 of 1984 Old 08-25-2007, 08:38 PM

I did it! I canned 40 pounds of tomatoes with a baby strapped to my back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt View Post
I have some covers to list over there.....but I don't suppose you're looking for size XS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page