NMY Graduates Love Thread, Part Two - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Unfortunately, that isn't possible. One of the lids is broken in half and both of them are kept open because so many different buildings use the dumpster. There are people pulling up in their cars and throwing stuff in it all day long.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#32 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
that's interesting. around here, they have special hooks on the various dumpster doors that stump critters, but most humans can figure them out.
#33 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico'sAlice View Post
The only thing I am worried about it that I will have to pump at the airport or on the plane b/c I don't think I can go 8+ hours without doing it, and also if I miss that pumping session then I would have less milk for the baby I donate to.
Alice, I think it's so awesome how dedicated your are to the baby you donate to. My relationship woth donating has been more of donating what I can't use - I really admire how dedicated you are. It's inspiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Kelly, I'm sorry to hear what you are going through. I hope it gets better for you soon. I'm trying not to psych myself out thinking about what might be in store for me in the coming weeks, but it helps to be aware anyway.
Kelly, I'm so sorry that you're feeling sick and under the weather . Pregnancy is a tough introduction to parenthood. I'm wondering if you'd find The Pregnant Woman's Comfort book helpful - it sounds like it might be just what you need right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
Yeah, we didn't need a new thread in the too many posts and too much to keep track of way, but Isabel needed a break and I needed a roster to tend to, so it has all worked out. I just want to point out that I only cut and pasted exactly what Isabel already had posted - I want to make sure she gets the credit for it.
It didn't even occur to me that Isabel might be wanting a break. Thank you! And those links are awesome, Isabel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodib View Post
Hi everyone,

Baby is here!
WELCOME BABY ROSALIE!!!!!!

She's absolutely gorgeous - I can't wait to read the birthstory .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
*RE BABIES: Sears' Baby Book, hands down. Mind you it is very huge (800+ pages), but it is a quick read (not very dense). I have a couple of criticisms, though: it is not inclusive of queer families, working mamas (I highly recommend skipping his chapter on working if you are going back to work or school for any significant amount of time before the child's 2nd birthday), single mamas, etc. Many complain that it is too mama-centric and disses dads or the non-birth parent. FWIW, DH mostly doesn't think so, although it did highlight his fear that I would be focused on the baby to the exclusion of him. Mostly he has raved about it. Not that he has finished it. Note that the approach is that mamas are biologically destined to behave in certain ways because of our hormones, so opponents of sociobiology, beware. Personally, I think I wouldn't let a baby cry it out whether I was lactating or not.
I had to add my thoughts about the Sears Baby book. (From a review I wrote of it for our birth center): I had worked so hard to stay away from “expert” books as a pregnant women and as a mother – I felt that between my intuition and the wealth of knowledge from other like-minded parents, bringing in books from “experts” would just cloud my judgement. But when Fenton suddenly started nursing like a machine around 10 weeks and I had no idea that a growth spurt was common then, I thought I’d better keep a book on the shelf for reference of those “common sense” things. I picked up the Sears Baby Book without much research – as the What to Expect book is the de facto for the rest of the county, Dr. Sears was supposedly it for parents like me. I was really pleased with the guidance that the book offers for issues not related to illness. The section on Babywearing is comprehensive and top-notch – they made an even deeper believer out of me with all of the information about how this is good for the family. The guidance on parenting a fussy baby and night parenting is very helpful – their tone is so much more compassionate and tender than you often find in parenting books like these. I found their explanation of a baby’s sleep cycles to be particularly helpful, as it defied what I assumed I knew about how my baby was sleeping and waking. The authors clearly respect children as people, and I found the information on baby massage to be one of my favorites. Martha has sprinkled throughout the book personal journal entries of how her children were developing at certain ages – her insights and observations are wonderful.

I was disappointed in much of the medical information. A section on caring for a circumcised penis doesn’t even discuss the alternative of not circumsizing. While this decision is often made by the time a parent needs this book, I feel strongly that it warrants mention to help normalize this alternative. The authors lean very heavily on “calling your doctor” with every little doubt a parent might have. I also found the instances where they were explaining why a symptom is “no big deal” to be a bit condescending. They didn’t discuss the distinctions between earaches and ear infections, and seemed reluctant to explore any treatment of ear infection other than antibiotics. Lastly, the information they provide on vaccines was much more dismissive of safety concerns than I believe the evidence supports. Overall, I’m glad I have this book in my library, especially for information on nurturing issues such as co-sleeping, massage and babywearing. I was surprised to find such mainstream medical advice, and was glad to also have How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor by Robert S. Mendelsohn, M.D. for a more tempered approach to using allopathic medicine."

MMM: I can't see your sig right now, but am I right that your are close to TTC???????
#34 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 02:47 PM

Great review Shanna. Excellent writing as always. :

Thanks for the book recommendation also. I'm going to look for it.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#35 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 02:51 PM

Thanks, everyone, for understanding where I'm coming from on my less-than-excited feelings about pregnancy. Shanna, I just requested that book from interlibrary loan...thanks for the rec.

Keep these book recommendations coming! I'm :

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

#36 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 03:10 PM

Kelly, how did your appt at the BC go? I'd love to hear about it, if you're up for talking about it (or if you've posted about it elsewhere, I can go look for that...)

I'm anxious for my first appt, but trying to be patient.

#37 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
Thanks, everyone, for understanding where I'm coming from on my less-than-excited feelings about pregnancy. Shanna, I just requested that book from interlibrary loan...thanks for the rec.

Keep these book recommendations coming! I'm :
I wanted to add just how normal those ambivalent feelings are even after the baby comes. I still look at Brandon and say "I miss being alone with you. ". It has helped me to acknowledge what is less than enjoyable, taking the yin with the yang......Kelly, there will be a point really soon when you get to see some of the joys: Feeling your little roo kick, whatever. Pregnancy tends to front-load the harder stuff . I think Sihaya was (is) dealing with some ambivalance, maybe she can weigh in with how it's changing for her. Be gentle with yourself - there's no shame in it not being wonderful all the time.
#38 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
And me, I'm just bouncing for you!!!!!!! This is me =>

#39 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 03:35 PM

laughup

I'm so glad I've been able to tell you guys about this. I feel like I'm anxious to start telling people IRL....but then I realize that we only have this short amount of time before everyone is going to be dumping their unsolicited advice and opinions on us...so we should enjoy it while we can.

Speaking of Sihaya, I see you've reached 20 weeks (wow! time flies!). Are you going in for a MW appt soon? Do you plan to try to hear the hb with a fetoscope? (is that the right time for that? I have a lot to learn ).

#40 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Christina - : Aww, I feel so loved! Our 20wk appt is Saturday morning (we don't "go in for" them though - she comes to our house!). I am hoping and praying we will be able to hear the heartbeat with the fetoscope, but I'm not so desperate to hear it as I would be if Frances (what we call our fetus for now, not a viable name choice!) hadn't started kicking strongly and frequently in the last week.

Ambivalence - A lot of my more anxious feelings started to melt away once I began to recognize them as a control issue instead of an issue of not wanting/loving Frances. The morning sickness retreating definitely helped, and starting to feel movement kind of sealed the deal. I am still in denial from time to time though. I often look down at my belly and say out loud "How did you get in there?" Pregnancy and birth are such a miracle. I guess after reading so much about it, I thought I wouldn't be in awe of it when it actually happened, and at first I mistook that awe for not being prepared. But now I see that I can be completely mystified and still well-equipped to be a mama

#41 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 04:06 PM

Thanks Steph. How cool that she comes to you! Very nice.

It’s great that you are feeling Frances kick. That must be a wonderful feeling.

Quote:
But now I see that I can be completely mystified and still well-equipped to be a mama
So this awe that I’m feeling will continue?

Did you all have a blood test during your first appointment? Dh has been asking me whether I’m going to get one. Did they check your progesterone levels? :

#42 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Did you all have a blood test during your first appointment? Dh has been asking me whether I’m going to get one. Did they check your progesterone levels? :
I didn't have one since I had a preconception blood draw just a couple of weeks before I got pg. My mw was satisfied with using those results and I did not have my progesterone levels checked once pg. HTH!

#43 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shanna~
I got to thinking about how many of the just-delivered mamas had said that they weren't sure they could ever give birth again, and what that might mean to some of the pg mamas. I wanted to add that I too couldn't imagine giving birth again right after I had done it. It's the hardest, most demanding thing I had ever done up until that point (surpassed by bfing in my case). I think I couldn't have imagined it while I was still sore and tired from birthing - as soon as I didn't feel sore (and I really mean sore, not "in pain" exactly: perineum, thighs, knees, everything that got a workout during the birth), I could gradually start to imagine it. And the more in love I fell with my son, the more I started to get excited that I would get to do it again.
I wanted to throw that out there, because I'm sure it's scary when you haven't done it yet and everyone is telling you that they never want to do it again. Other mamas that have birthed, have you found your relationship to it changing over time?
I'm really sorry if I made any of the pg NMYs more nervous/anxious about their own upcoming births. What's really bad is that I had that happen to me a couple of times in the last few weeks before my birth, and it made me so mad that people would say that around me! : So I'm sorry. :
I was just so surprised by my birth. I thought that because I had prepared so much and because I was having it at home that it would be a lot shorter than it was. I felt like I didn't handle things well - especially the pushing. But I should have waited to write my post about my labor until the next day.
My mw came over the next day to check me and Maev and to discuss the birth with me. She explained that during the pushing she and the other mw discovered that I have a very narrow pubic arch. That everything else about my pelvis is perfect for having a baby; nice and wide; but that this pubic arch is what stalled things for so long. I had to push extra hard to get the baby past that really narrow part. My mw reassured me that I did an amazing job at pushing, but that it took me so long (and will probably take longer than average with all my births) because of this narrow pubic arch. She also explained that the reason I never really felt a huge urge to push until the very last couple of pushes was also because of the arch.
Added to that, I hemmorhaged (sp?) - 4 cups - and my uterus started to come down way too low. So for those reasons, I am still unsure about giving birth again.
But Shanna made a good point. I've already moved from "I am not doing that again no matter what. Let's start researching adoption now. I think I might go back on the Pill." to "If I get pg again, I won't freak out. Maybe I'll start thinking about doing it again in a couple of years." In just a week! So what I'm trying to say is that it's worth it, even after a more difficult birth. I'd say I'm 80% sure that I'll be doing it again some day. I just don't want to think about it right now.

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
#44 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 05:02 PM

Steph, thanks again. What did they check with your pre-con blood draw?

Dh is just asking about a blood test to confirm pregnancy. I figure, after 20 years of periods showing up every month and 55 cycles of charting, not having it show up is enough confirmation (along with positive hpts and high temps, of course).

Also, my ND recommended having progesterone levels checked. I think she is concerned about low prog having been the issue in past cycles. So I'm guessing she would recommend supplementing it if that were the case. But I'm wondering what the statute of limitations is on that - if my appt isn't till 8 weeks, it wouldn't do much to start progesterone after that, right?

Also, I'm still taking the Chinese herbs that my acupuncturist gave me to help Prog. levels. I think that's probably good enough, and I'm going to continue my sessions with him.

#45 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 05:07 PM

Congratulations Jodi!!!!
Welcome Rosalie!!!!

:

Jodi, your daughter is beautiful! And I her name!

#46 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Dh is just asking about a blood test to confirm pregnancy. I figure, after 20 years of periods showing up every month and 55 cycles of charting, not having it show up is enough confirmation (along with positive hpts and high temps, of course).

you poas, right? that's enough. my mom had the same reaction as your dh -- she wouldn't believe it until there was a blood test (which there never was -- we got a heartbeat instead! : ). in the old days that was the only way.
#47 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Steph, thanks again. What did they check with your pre-con blood draw?

They did a rubella titer and checked my immunity to toxoplasmosis. They also checked my thyroid levels, but they do that every time I have my blood taken since I'm taking medicine for it. about confirming pg - I didn't even think about that. I didn't get one, obviously. Between the BFPs (all 10 of them ), charting, lack of AF, and severe pg symptoms from conception on, it was pretty much a no-brainer.

#48 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Kelly, how did your appt at the BC go? I'd love to hear about it, if you're up for talking about it (or if you've posted about it elsewhere, I can go look for that...)

I was all nervous beforehand because I planned to decline a pap (just had one in March) and a Doppler to find the heartbeat. But I shouldn't have been nervous because they didn't question me at all about what I wanted.

So it went well. And it was shorter without the pap and Doppler! They took a urine sample and had me weigh myself first. Then, the MW talked to us about nutrition and exercise--typical stuff, I guess. She checked my BP and other normal "physical" stuff--ears, eyes, heart, lungs. She did a breast exam, which was fine since I don't remember to do those nearly enough. She also did a pelvic exam, which after the fact I wondered if was necessary. I should have done more research on that beforehand, but it was quick. She also took my blood to check for iron levels and other stuff I don't remember. She said if the results were fine, I wouldn't get a call. It's now a week later and I haven't heard from them, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shanna~ View Post
I wanted to add just how normal those ambivalent feelings are even after the baby comes. I still look at Brandon and say "I miss being alone with you. ". It has helped me to acknowledge what is less than enjoyable, taking the yin with the yang......Kelly, there will be a point really soon when you get to see some of the joys: Feeling your little roo kick, whatever. Pregnancy tends to front-load the harder stuff . I think Sihaya was (is) dealing with some ambivalance, maybe she can weigh in with how it's changing for her. Be gentle with yourself - there's no shame in it not being wonderful all the time.
(bolding mine) Good advice, that. When I started acknowledging those not-so-excited feelings--posting about them, journaling about them--that helped a lot. I think trying to deny they were there made me feel more guilty than was healthy. So now my outlook is that it's a big life change--you'd be crazy not to have doubts now and then!

Quote:
DH asked me that too. But when I got so nauseous I was laying in bed crying that I was hungry and couldn't think of eating anything, I think that solidified it for him.

Quote:
Also, my ND recommended having progesterone levels checked. I think she is concerned about low prog having been the issue in past cycles. So I'm guessing she would recommend supplementing it if that were the case. But I'm wondering what the statute of limitations is on that - if my appt isn't till 8 weeks, it wouldn't do much to start progesterone after that, right?
I'm supplementing with progesterone right now, and my ND had me take a progesterone test about 3-4 weeks ago to confirm that my levels were okay. I didn't have to go into the BC for it. She gave me a tube that I spit in and mailed off. It took 3-4 days to get the results. My level was in the good range, so she wants me to continue the supplements til 12 weeks. Maybe you can check with your ND on a progesterone test you can take now instead of waiting for your appt?

#49 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 07:46 PM

Welcome little Rosalie!!!!!!!!

Jodi, congratulations on making the most gorgeous baby of the whole group (sorry everybody else but just look at her, you can't deny it). I hope mine comes out looking half that beautiful!!

Technically piepie is up before me but my midwife is sure I won't go all the way so I could indeed be next. Holy cow...I could be next...:

Really this guy : sums up my life lately. Everything is just getting so real, so fast!

My midwife never had me do a blood test to confirm my pregnancy. She sent me in to get tested for a bunch of STD's and other things they'll test baby for if I end up in hospital and I don't get tested first. To confirm the pregnancy though she just had me POAS.

Traveling mama to DS (2) my nature boy :
#50 of 1984 Old 07-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Banned

maela:

thanks for sharing your story and information (you too shanna, snozz, etc! ). i find it really helpful to know how you felt. and it's all good. it's important to know good and bad, positive and negative, and all the mixy feelings.

you know why? because then if any of the rest of us feel them, we don't feel ashamed of them.

i mean, i know that in the past, before FAM, i was really ashamed of CF! i thought i was one of a few 'weird women' who had this 'strange drip' and no one ever told me what it was or why it happened. some people even said "oh, it's j ust yeast, dont' worry about it!" even I, oh-so-edumuckated, didn't know what CF was and how great it is. when i learned FAM, i learned that was normal and healthy and all of my shame disappeared!

so, if i get pregnant and go "oh crap, should i really be doing this?!"--it's good to know that other NMY grads went through it too. And if my birth isn't as cool as i hope, it's good to know that i'm not alone and that's ok. and if my pregnancy is crazy ups and downs health wise, job wise, emotionally, family wise, etc--then that's ok. nothing to be ashamed of, because i'm not that different from others.

so thanks for that. it's really important for me to read your experiences and hear your feelings and stories. i largely lurk on the grads thread because so much is about what you goes are going through as brand-new moms and i don't want to invade. but i do read, and i do learn a lot--and it's really, really important to me.

so thanks.
#51 of 1984 Old 07-27-2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
MORE BOOKS:

* RE "COLIC": Karp's Happiest Baby on the Block. I don't love his reliance on swings and pacifiers, but other than that, a good book and a quick read. Definitely going for a mainstream audience, so those of us with multiculti sensitivities will have to lower our antennas when he talks about "primitive" cultures' baby-rearing practices (to praise them).

* RE CO-SLEEPING: Good Nights, by J. Gordon. DH loved this one. Lots of celeb name-dropping, which dh didn't care about but i suppose is to try to make the practice seem more mainstream. Very good for those of us concerned about safety. Most books on this are just about why it's good, but this one is actually PRACTICAL.
Thank you so much - I'm taking notes...lots and lots of them! Have you, by chance, read Ayun Halliday's The Big Rumpus: A Mother's Tale from the Trenches? I'm thinking about ordering it - I've always loved the east village inky.

Currently I'm reading Fresh Milk - The Secret Life of Breasts by Fiona Giles and I'm loving it. I just finished the chapter about traumatic bf'ing experiences and am a bit shaken but the book is so entertaining and honest and I'm having trouble putting it down. I highly recommend. It's a very easy read too!

Quote:
Alice, I think it's so awesome how dedicated your are to the baby you donate to. My relationship woth donating has been more of donating what I can't use - I really admire how dedicated you are. It's inspiring.

MMM: I can't see your sig right now, but am I right that your are close to TTC???????
There's a couple of chapters/stories about milk donation in Fresh Milk and I'm truly inspired. One woman lost her baby to meningitis at 3 weeks old and incorporated milk donation into her grieving process. Amazing stuff.

Oh - I need to change my sig re TTC. We moved TTC to August because of moving and stressy things. And I'm now thinking there's a big possibility that it will have to be October now because we haven't got our donor agreement done and DP is really reluctant to start before that's final...and our donor is going to Italy for all of Sept. I really hope I'm wrong about October but I'm trying to get comfortable with it just in case. Thanks for asking

Quote:
Christina, add me to the list of people who are very excited and impatient for your first appt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
maela:

thanks for sharing your story and information (you too shanna, snozz, etc! ). i find it really helpful to know how you felt. and it's all good. it's important to know good and bad, positive and negative, and all the mixy feelings.

so thanks.
It's funny that you posted this zoebird. I was coming on here to thank you for something today. You mentioned a while back about your issues with resentment and the work you've been doing to overcome it and it's really been resonating with me ever since. Not for myself so much (believe me, I have issues and hang-ups but I think I'm alright with resentment) but with 2 people with whom I am close. When DP is tired she can slip into really negative thinking and recently I've really been picking up on her resentment issues. DP gets so upset with her family who truly take her for granted - expecting the world from her and then paying her no gratitude or appreciation. I totally understand her hurt and frustration and its rapid track to resentment but I also see how unhealthy it is for her and it really upsets me. The other night, she was having another rant about it and I couldn't hold back. I had to call her on it - she never says anything to them, never asserts her feelings or position, just takes whatever they dish out and then gets resentful...and she agreed - the resentment was worse for her mental health and well-being than the shit they put on her - We've been practicing her new mantra since "Do something about it or let it go..." and it's been working.

I also had a similar conversation with my closest workmate who was transferring her stress about lack of money into resentment of our Co-ordinator (who has no control over our wages yet she was blaming for our low pay!)...anyway - she thanked me the other day and said I'd really helped her clarify her thoughts and shake her neurosis.

So zoebird, thank you

Meanwhile I'm feeling icky: sore throat and sick tummy which seem like unrelated symptoms but apparently it's going around.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#52 of 1984 Old 07-27-2007, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
Meanwhile I'm feeling icky: sore throat and sick tummy which seem like unrelated symptoms but apparently it's going around.
I hope you get better soon.

I hope everything works out the way you want with TTC timing. I've got my : for you!

btw, I think I remember reading somewhere that your immune system is worse during pregnancy. Have any of you heard that before? I'm not usually sick this long...Tuesday thru today. Blech.

Also, I was wondering if any of you pregnant mamas or grads experienced round ligament pain in the first trimester? I had some sharp pains last night that seem to fit that description, but everything I've read online this morning says they don't start til the second tri.

#53 of 1984 Old 07-27-2007, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arelyn View Post

Jodi, congratulations on making the most gorgeous baby of the whole group (sorry everybody else but just look at her, you can't deny it). I hope mine comes out looking half that beautiful!!
I'd be happy to deny it, but she is awfully cute!
#54 of 1984 Old 07-27-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Also, I was wondering if any of you pregnant mamas or grads experienced round ligament pain in the first trimester? I had some sharp pains last night that seem to fit that description, but everything I've read online this morning says they don't start til the second tri.
I had it really early, and it scared me that the books said that it doesn't start until the 2nd trimester. When I asked other mamas, they too said that they'd had it in the first trimester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiztic View Post
I'd be happy to deny it, but she is awfully cute!
I had to laugh when I saw Arelyn's post . "Them's fightin' words!" Did I ever tell you about what DH said to themidwife on our first post-natal visit? He told her "I hope you don't tell all the other mom's that their baby isn't as cute as ours. I'd feel bad for them."

But Jodi, she is awfully gorgeous. She's one of many second-cutest babies I've ever seen :.
#55 of 1984 Old 07-27-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
... She's one of many second-cutest babies I've ever seen :.

Maybe I'm partial, but all the babies on here are absolutely adorable.

Y'all make cute babies. :

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#56 of 1984 Old 07-27-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
I felt it early on also.

I really need to get some pics of Maev on here!

#57 of 1984 Old 07-27-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wateraddict View Post

Maybe I'm partial, but all the babies on here are absolutely adorable.

Y'all make cute babies. :
I concur. And I'm sure that the cute streak will continue

Come ponder with me about food!
#58 of 1984 Old 07-27-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:

Also, I'm still taking the Chinese herbs that my acupuncturist gave me to help Prog. levels. I think that's probably good enough, and I'm going to continue my sessions with him.
I was on progesterone for my first pregnancy - but it didn't work out because of that particular pregnancy. For this pregnancy I just used over the counter progesterone cream that was recommended to me (can't remember the name right now)... But I used it twice a day till 10 weeks and everything was fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arelyn View Post

Technically piepie is up before me but my midwife is sure I won't go all the way so I could indeed be next. Holy cow...I could be next...:

Really this guy : sums up my life lately. Everything is just getting so real, so fast!
Thanks - but I can't say I can agree..... (although I do think she's mighty cute I agree with Wateraddict though - this group has some darn cute babies! I think those 6 boys are the cutest I've seen anywhere! And YES MAELA - where's the pic of your baby girl???? :

Quote:
I hope you get better soon.

I hope everything works out the way you want with TTC timing. I've got my : for you!

btw, I think I remember reading somewhere that your immune system is worse during pregnancy. Have any of you heard that before? I'm not usually sick this long...Tuesday thru today. Blech.

My immune system seemed the same during pregnancy... I only got the stomach flu for a week or so (which I'd never had) but other than that no sickness..... but you also have to realize I've spent the last 10 years getting sneezed and coughed on by hundreds of children every year.

As far as round ligament pain - I didn't have it exactly - but my hips were sure pinching more -even in teh first trimester.....

-Jodi
#59 of 1984 Old 07-27-2007, 02:54 PM

Okay, hopefully this works.

Maev

More Maev

With Daddy

Our Family (excluding the kitties )

#60 of 1984 Old 07-27-2007, 03:04 PM

Yup, just as I thought. Another cute baby. Maela, Maev is beautiful.

Come ponder with me about food!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page