Not Mamas Yet! August 2007! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 380 Old 08-30-2007, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
Glad you made it through, BL! Moving is always an adventure.
Thank you, an adventure it definitely was!

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
#362 of 380 Old 08-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Banned

WB BL! i'm glad that your move went. . . .went.

----

so, i guess i'll update on Mr. J.

October J is doing quite well. Tuesday was probably his "lowest" day--when i took him for his first acupuncture appointment. that day, he was most lethargic, seemingly depressed, etc.

the appointment went very well, and the doc gave us a TCM herbal mixture that was for eye support, nervous system support, and joint/skeletal support. October J loves taking this medicine so much, he tries to eat the serenge (sp?). anyway, he loves th emedicine.

so, the first appointment went great. they did 'dry' acupuncture instead of 'electro acupuncture' and they're going to stick with dry for the next few visits. she was very positive about his care, she also does reiki and myofacial release, as well as the TCM herbalism--and so i'm very happy about this.

and, it's crazy affordable ($45 per appointment, and i'm usually there 1-1.5 hrs).

so, he gets his first acupuncture like a champ. he actually napped. once they put the needles in, the doc left, put a timer on the door, and then turned on some soothing music. october j passed right out. he was so mellow.

after the appoinment, we noticed some pretty dramatic changes. he was moving his feet more, trying to hop (more like creeping though), and he also had a massive, massive bunny erection.

now, i've been saying that since he stopped hopping last week that he's still had erections--and he has. but, no one cares. the vets (regular) were like "ok, whatever." but i commented that his erections weren't like his normal erections. he was getting excited--that was obvious--but he wasn't getting the whole process that he usually does.

so tuesday nite, i'm petting him and he gets a massive bunny erection. when i told this vet, she said "that's a great improvement! any geriatric male creature will tell you that an erection is a great thing!"

ironicly, i'm never embarassed talking about bunny erections--just everyone else seems uncomfortable about it.

anyway, he had a good nite after the erection too--trying to hop around, very alert and interested. then, wednesday, he was also very active and was trying to chase us around (dragging his feet mostly--but moving a lot), and his eyes looked clearer already (after only two doses of the medicine).

when i told the vet about this progress, she was really impressed. we had his second appointment today and he was quite the champ. he's napping now (it's his normal nap time), but i'm sure he'll be up and about later. he was trying to stand up right after the appointment was through, and the doc confirmed that his right eye is much clearer (almost 100%) and his left eye is clearer, but not as much as the right.

what was also cool is that i got to meet other people who don't think i'm nuts. one of the volunteers at the place has a bunny named Mr. Pip. he has a neurological disorder and he can't hop either. he developed it when he was 5. the regular med vet suggested that Mr. Pip be put to sleep, but his companion woman wouldn't hear of it, because he's so bright and happy and wasn't suffering. she started going to Dr. Rose, and Mr Pip is now 9.5 years old and in great health. he still doesn't hop, but he does have a little cart so he can walk around, and he's in great spirits.

so, L and i talked about how to care for a "differently abled" rabbit, the cleaning needs, how to help maintain muscle tone in his legs and back, how to prevent discomforts, and so on. Dr. Rose said that she's seen animals--including rabbits--who are given a death sentence by other vets for a variety of reasons living for 5 or more years after that sentence.

i'm so glad that we're taking him to Dr. Rose! I'm also glad that everyone there thinks so positively and they don't see caring for october j--whether he hops again or no--as something crazy or cruel to him. they don't see putting him to sleep as an option!

so, it was nice. he goes back again on tuesday for his third session.
#363 of 380 Old 08-30-2007, 05:08 PM

What a great, great update, zoebird. I'm so glad he's doing so well!

I talked with my brother last night--he sounds okay. He met with a new therapist who he likes, but he thinks she talks too much. He said he'd hoped to go twice a week but she gives him way too much to think about, so he's sticking with weekly. He'll see his PCP next Wednesday for anti-depressants--he's planning to do them short term, which could work for him, but I also gently let him know that that was my plan, too, and a few years later, I'm still on them. They make me so much more functional, and I wasn't willing to risk the deep depression again.

Also, I heard from SIL today. Princess Consuela Velveeta is estimated to be weighing in at 7 lbs 5 oz at this point, and her OB is no longer suggesting a scheduled c-section. She sound really happy about getting the natural birth she wants (she'll birth in the hospital, but given that she's a surgeon, I suspect that's as natural as she could get!).
#364 of 380 Old 08-30-2007, 05:11 PM

I also just now got an email from my friend--the one who's the aunt to those two kids. Her brother hadn't terminated his parental rights and her SIL didn't realize he'd need to do that. He's thinking about whether he wants to do that. She'll see him Saturday and he'll have a decision at that point.

#365 of 380 Old 08-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Banned

frog:

that's good news about your brother, and i'm glad you shared with him your use of A-Ds as well. that can be very helpful and encouraging for people, you know?

also, i'm glad that princess consuela velveeta is doing so well, and may get a natural birth (or more oe less natural). and, it sounds like progress in regards to those two kids.

thanks for updating.
#366 of 380 Old 08-30-2007, 06:58 PM

i'm glad things are looking more positive with your bro, frog

well done on the move, BL - I know the relief of it being over must be huge

zoebird
- i forgot about my little project. sorry i'll check out the yoga stuff and get back to you later today (it's only 7.50am here).

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#367 of 380 Old 08-30-2007, 07:44 PM

zoebird:

I've just spoken to my best yoga friend and she says that your best bet for advertising will be in:
Australian Yoga Life but she warns that it's pretty commercial and might be expensive to place an ad.

She also confirmed my suspicion that Living Now could be good too.

I think they both have online forums too so you might be able to do a bit of PR there too.

What kind of yoga will you be teaching? Perhaps I could point you toward some appropriate studios in Melbourne?

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#368 of 380 Old 08-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Banned

MMM:

thanks for the leg work--i'm going to check both of those out.

as for the kind of yoga that i teach, i tend to teach a therapeutic vinyasa form (flow form) with heavy focus on alignment.

my plan in NZ is to teach a 5 day Advanced Teacher Training that focuses on

▪how to recognize a body's imbalances and develop a yoga program suitable to each individual in a group setting;

▪the dynamic anatomical and energetic alignments, modifications, and sequencing of postures for maximum therapeutic benefit;

▪the 5 levels of assisting as well as how and when to apply them;

▪the 4 steps to prepare students for advanced postures such as inversions;

▪how to integrate philosophical principles into the teaching of asana, pranayama, and meditation; and

▪how to create a vibrant learning environment that encourages autonomy in the student’s practice for the ultimate transformative experience

beyond this, i also hope to run two workshops in the evenings, and one weekend workshop on various topics. If you go to my web site, you can see waht kinds of workshops i'm offering right now (two are on the schedule for fall) and get an idea of what they're all about.

i would love connections in AUS if you know of anyone who would be interested, because i'd be happy to hop from NZ to AUS and teach for a weekend and a bit just to make some extra cash.
#369 of 380 Old 08-31-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
I also just now got an email from my friend--the one who's the aunt to those two kids. Her brother hadn't terminated his parental rights and her SIL didn't realize he'd need to do that. He's thinking about whether he wants to do that. She'll see him Saturday and he'll have a decision at that point.

More details here.
#370 of 380 Old 08-31-2007, 01:12 PM

wow, frog. wow.

things sure do move fast. i'll keep you and turtle in my thoughts and hope for a good outcome.

Come ponder with me about food!
#371 of 380 Old 08-31-2007, 01:55 PM

Frog, wow-wow-wow!

I'm so happy for you that this all looks to be coming into fruition. And probably more importantly, I am relieved for the children and the difference this will make in their lives.

I can't wait to hear more about how things are developing with this.
#372 of 380 Old 08-31-2007, 02:01 PM

Yeah, I'm on pins and needles for sure. The : part about all of this is that turtle might not even know yet! I called and left her a voicemail yesterday, but haven't heard from her. She's out of town until tomorrow or Sunday.

So, I'm calling everyone I know and babbling on endlessly.
#373 of 380 Old 08-31-2007, 02:07 PM

Frog - I just wanted to let you know that even though I don't "know" you in the traditional sense, you and these kids are in my thoughts. Someone like you coming into their lives would be nothing short of a miracle. They couldn't ask for more than a loving home.

*feeling all weepy now*

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#374 of 380 Old 08-31-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post
Frog - I just wanted to let you know that even though I don't "know" you in the traditional sense, you and these kids are in my thoughts. Someone like you coming into their lives would be nothing short of a miracle. They couldn't ask for more than a loving home.

*feeling all weepy now*
You are SO knocked up!

Thank you, Sara. That means a lot to me.
#375 of 380 Old 08-31-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
You are SO knocked up!

Thank you, Sara. That means a lot to me.
Well, I meant every weepy, hormonal word of it.

It's disgusting, really. I have a pretty manic/depressive personality to start with (nothing that negatively impacts my life... just a general tendency towards extreme emotion), so right now I'm just UNBEARABLE. I feel bad for DH. One second I'm laughing hysterically because the dog farted, the next second I'm weepy because I'll have to leave the dog behind when I go into Anchorage in April to wait out the end of my pregnancy.

OK, time to go hang out with my kindergarten group. That'll kill my happy-weepy mood quickly. They're a special group... on Wednesday, one of them stood up on the wheelchair ramp railing, whipped out his penis, and started raining pee down on those below him. Some years you wonder if there was something in the water when all the mothers were pregnant, and this is one of those years.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#376 of 380 Old 08-31-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post
...OK, time to go hang out with my kindergarten group. That'll kill my happy-weepy mood quickly. They're a special group... on Wednesday, one of them stood up on the wheelchair ramp railing, whipped out his penis, and started raining pee down on those below him. Some years you wonder if there was something in the water when all the mothers were pregnant, and this is one of those years.
I just about fell out of my chair! LOL Especially the dramatic way you said whipped it out and raining pee, really tells the story in the funniest way!
Sounds like there are some great things happening around the thread, I wish everyone the best

My family got together for my grandma's birthday last Tuesday, it was fun to see everyone together. I really enjoyed that. Wednesday I went to visit a friend, hit up the liquor store (I haven't actually been since I turned 21 last April, if you can believe that! I guess we just haven't had any extra money) and just goof off. Thursday I read books most of the afternoon and then DH and I went swimming in the evening. On the way home from the lake I talked to DH about his computer addiction, laziness and lack of initiative. He listened, and talked quite a bit, I know he heard me, but maybe it didn't sink in. I was talking about leaving and 5 minutes later he was asking me if I wanted to fence in the front yard! : Then when we were getting ready for bed, he said he'd come to bed in just a minute and then was on his computer for 30 more minutes. I swear he didn't listen to a word I said. Just more proof that he's never gonna change.

ETA: We are no longer TTC, since we may not be staying together. Also I have doubts about my own fertility and quite frankly, I'm about ready to throw in the towel. I feel like I've fallen off the baby train, really I'm happy enough with the puppy. I'm certainly not in the mood to visit doctors or spend money on it, if I have to do all that (in the future) to get pg I may just stick to dogs.
#377 of 380 Old 09-01-2007, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneKnight View Post
I just about fell out of my chair! LOL Especially the dramatic way you said whipped it out and raining pee, really tells the story in the funniest way!
Sounds like there are some great things happening around the thread, I wish everyone the best

My family got together for my grandma's birthday last Tuesday, it was fun to see everyone together. I really enjoyed that. Wednesday I went to visit a friend, hit up the liquor store (I haven't actually been since I turned 21 last April, if you can believe that! I guess we just haven't had any extra money) and just goof off. Thursday I read books most of the afternoon and then DH and I went swimming in the evening. On the way home from the lake I talked to DH about his computer addiction, laziness and lack of initiative. He listened, and talked quite a bit, I know he heard me, but maybe it didn't sink in. I was talking about leaving and 5 minutes later he was asking me if I wanted to fence in the front yard! : Then when we were getting ready for bed, he said he'd come to bed in just a minute and then was on his computer for 30 more minutes. I swear he didn't listen to a word I said. Just more proof that he's never gonna change.

ETA: We are no longer TTC, since we may not be staying together. Also I have doubts about my own fertility and quite frankly, I'm about ready to throw in the towel. I feel like I've fallen off the baby train, really I'm happy enough with the puppy. I'm certainly not in the mood to visit doctors or spend money on it, if I have to do all that (in the future) to get pg I may just stick to dogs.
Sounds like you're dealing with some big stuff, OneKnight Hope everything resolves itself in the best way possible for you.

#378 of 380 Old 09-01-2007, 03:27 AM

Just realised that I didn't report here about my BFN All things considered, I'm pretty ok about the whole thing. Onwards and Upwards...

#379 of 380 Old 09-01-2007, 04:20 AM

oneknight, I am sorry about this all... I agree that it is smart to see how things evovle with your DH and you and maybe, at some point in the future... important is what feels right for you!!!! good luck figuring it out.

MMM, well, next cycle gotta see the positive aspects of it....

frog, I also wish you good luck and hope things work out the way you and we all hope

hh2.gif

#380 of 380 Old 09-04-2007, 05:22 AM

I couldn't find a new thread so I made one. If there's already one out there please let me know and I'll take mine down. (And give me a link!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page