Mothering Forum banner

Where should I go camping?

435 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  imbarefoot 
#1 ·
We're going camping soon (weekend of 19th) could go anywhere from Canada to OR. Where should we go & why?

#2 ·
Cultas Lake (closer, but still "boonies" yet close to a town/chilliwack)
Manning Park (lots of hiking, swimming, canoeing...big provincial park)
Alice Lake (small lake with two beaches, hiking, campground...close to squamish...north of Vancouver on the amazingly beautiful sea/sky hwy)
anywhere in the Okanogan Valley (amazing fruit/orchards!!!! lakes, temperatures)
(there's a great little lake/campground in Oliver...I think the lake is called Tucklenuit lake?!)

(those are all in BC)

#5 ·
Thanks. I'm kind of thinking Canada, because I don't think you (yet) need a passport, and I'm not paying the kind of money it takes to get passports for three kids and two adults, so we won't visit Canada again for a LONG time once that's a requirement. (Which really makes me feel sorry for all the small business owners in tourist spots in Canada)

#8 ·
Minta: if you go south 2.5 hours to Florence there are tons of beautiful amazing campgrounds

honeyman state park is right on the 101...huge campground

Carter Lake is just a few more miles south also on the 101 and its a small campground

Siltcoos Lake has a couple campgrounds on it...one is right off the 101 and another is a hike in...only accessible by boat or hike!

TONS

and close to the beach too...I just love Florence

#9 ·
I liked camping in Lake Chelan. There is a place that is absolutely REMOTE and BEAUTIFUL called Strawberry Bowl. It's impossible to find on the net (at least i searached and couldn't find it!) but I have the park owner's name and number. It's Marci Hale 630-0152. She didn't give an area code, so I imagine you'd have to find out what Chelan's area code is.

A great place to camp is near Manzanita Oregon. There are campgrounds right around there and a place a bit south of Manzanita called Fisherman's Jetty. It's gorgeous there.

Another good place is at Lake Cushman, Wa. There campground called "the staircase", you can't make reservations, but it's only 11 bucks a night.

HTH! And have fun!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.