need Gyn - not the OB part anymore... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-23-2007, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Couldn't figure out a title for this one . We are done having babies, but I still need my yearly check-up. I used Margret for my 4th and LOVE her but am not willing to put up with her staff just for check-ups. Don't really like the drive but I would do it once a year if her staff were a tad nicer to work with. Any recs? Since we are done having babies I don't mind if it's an GYN (instead of a mw) ....I've never seen a male, but if he's nice....... Any names are appreciated.
Thanks.

momma to 4!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2007, 10:26 AM

Where are you located??
If it is just a yearly checkup (I assumed from your title that you might be having problems) you might be able to use a family practice physician.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

sorry so 'unclear'....hadn't had my coffee yet! I am in Atlanta and am over-due for my annual. I have a history of breast and ovarian cancer in my family so I am really wanting to keep up on my check-ups. thanks

momma to 4!
Old 08-23-2007, 11:40 AM

You're in metro Atlanta?

I just saw an internist in Dunwoody right off of the 285 and really liked her a lot. She did my yearly and she was very gentle and kind. Spent a lot of time with me.

http://www.millennium-healthcare.com...ner/rayner.htm
Old 08-25-2007, 12:20 AM

I love Dr. Cauthen in Kennesaw. Everyone in that office is great including the staff.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:07 PM

Dr Kathleen Raviele in the Northlake area of Tucker is awesome. Her staff is super-friendly, she is sweet as can be... she takes you back in her office to talk with you, fully clothed. She understands NFP charts.... she used to be my GYN before we started having babies.
770-491-0255
Old 08-30-2007, 12:14 PM

I just saw Certified Nurse Midwife Kay Johnson with ISIS OB/GYN. She was WONDERFUL!!!! Very accepting and kind and open. She is in Roswell, I live in downtown and will make the drive for her.

770-521-2229
www.isisobgyn.com
Old 09-10-2007, 10:09 AM

Did you find a GYN that you liked?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

things have been so crazy with school starting tht I haven't followed up.....I think I am going to give Kay a call, nak, even though she isn't close i did like her when i saw her with my dd pg.

thanks everyone for your replies!
k

momma to 4!
Old 09-14-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannon77 View Post
I love Dr. Cauthen in Kennesaw. Everyone in that office is great including the staff.

I STONGLY caution you against using Dr.Cauthen. She stripped my membranes at 37 weeks without my permission, then tried to backpedal when my husband called her and say she didn't do it. She was going out of town, by the way, and had made a comment about how I needed to have the baby now so she didn't miss it (she didn't know I was UCing), then suddenly she's performing an extremely painful pelvic exam that I made her stop, because I knew what she was doing (she admitted it at the time).

She and another doctor (Dr. Shin) then tried to fabricate a reason for me to have to be induced, so that her actions were justified. Every week, they told me "Oh, you probably have low fluid, you must do an ultrasound," but any time I consented, my fluids were more than sufficient. Because I had an anxiety attack in the office (AFTER the cervical assault) that caused one, single high blood pressure reading, she and Dr. Shin insisted I had pre-eclampsia, even though a) there was no protein in my urine, b) my bloodwork came back stellar, and c) they wouldn't even let me have a glass of water to get calmed down. Again, I was threatened with induction (which I, of course, told them they could stuff).

I did not return to her office until after I had my UC, at which point, she fired ME because I didn't trust her. Uh...why on earth would I trust her!

Anyway, please, please, please use caution. Elizabeth Street, the lead physician in that office, also has an almost 100% episiotomy rate. Yes, you aren't looking for an OB, but if they have this sort of cavalier attitude with pregnant women, why would they treat a woman who isn't pregnant with much more respect? If they don't use informed consent during pregnancy, why would they at any other time?
Old 09-15-2007, 06:39 PM

I might not see them for another pregnancy, but I do really like the midwives at Piedmont -- Atlanta OB/GYN -- and feel confident recommending them for annuals. I've always very comfortable with Judith and Wendy and their great assistant. (Mary Jane is no longer with the practice). On the upside, they moved last year into the new building behind Piedmont and it has much better parking than their last office.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:44 AM

I second the vote for the Midwives at Piedmont. I didn't know Mary Jane is no longer there - she was nice. Judith was amazing during delivery and for pre and post visits. I will continue seeing her for annual visits.

Shop at Weedle Weedle for cloth diapers, nursing pillows, swaddle blankets and more!

Free Shipping on orders over $75!  Customer Rewards!  

Old 10-23-2007, 02:30 AM

Do you know if the midwives at Piedmont take BC/BS HMO? I'm due for my annual and North Pointe midwives aren't covered anymore.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the responses! I have tried the midwives at Piedmont when I was pg and did not like them.... Just not my cup of tea. I am going to try Dr Tate. He sounds really great. Someone rec a holistic dr who sounded amazing but they don't take insurance

momma to 4!

User Tag List