TWIN CITIES tribal thread, week of july 19--july 25 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 49 Old 07-19-2003, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are you in (or near) the Twin Cities?

Well, then you have found your tribe! Despite our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, two things bond us together: living in the coldest state on earth...and the love for our children which warms us. The weekly tribe thread begins anew each saturday. Watch for the new thread on the main Minnesota/Wisconsin board.

Some of the individuals who post here meet weekly. If you are interested in attending a get together, please post your interest on the thread or send any one of us a PM. We welcome with open arms and minds the input of all parents, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, political view, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability,etc.
#2 of 49 Old 07-19-2003, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

ok, so though i read last weeks' thread, i didn't post either of the two times i actually had the spare moment to jump on and read. doesn't mean i don't love you mommas or care about your words, just mean i didn't have time to respond, generally or specifically.

happy days and congrats to the birthday/birthing day celebrants and another CONGRATS to helen and the fam!

but now that it is another lovely Sat AM and things seem peaceful, for the moment, down here in the basement, i will try.

i have loved reading the mamagathering mommas words. they have all made me giggle and imagine ya'll. i am so glad you all got to do it and so glad you are sharing it with us!

as for the Elm Creek Nature Preserve, it is up in this neck of the woods, near Osseo and Maple Grove, off 81. any afternoon (we are usually home anytime after 4:30...dinner picnic?) would work for us, but Mon, Tues, and Wed are best. i know we are all busy ladies, but it would be so great to meet up there. i have not been to the playground there, and it is a bit away from the swim hole, just FYI.

camping the first weekend in August, count us in! DH and my bro will be away, so besides the cat, this house will be empty.

ok, i don't know what else i am forgetting, but kids are getting antsy and there are things we need to do. would like to put them off until tomorrow and head to SG, but as we are in the Raspberry Festival Parade tomorrow in Hopkins, gotta get stuff done today.

first stop, investigate this smell in the basement, as we have been taking on some water in these past torrential downpours. not sure if it is a wet smell, or a poopy DD with the lingering scent of bro's mouthwash...

love to ya'll!!
#3 of 49 Old 07-19-2003, 01:38 PM

Batty one - I'd love to head to your park for a picnic lunch! Sounds fun! Pick a day!

Oh and camping is the 2nd weekend in August. Hope I didn't confuse anyone!

I sent you an email, too!
#4 of 49 Old 07-19-2003, 03:33 PM

I just wanted to re-post here, for those who might miss it on last week's thread:

MAMAGATHERING 2004 WILL BE HERE IN MINNEAPOLIS!!!!!

That is so cool I can hardly believe it.
#5 of 49 Old 07-19-2003, 03:35 PM

Oh, and Happy Birthday to Me!

out!
#6 of 49 Old 07-19-2003, 03:55 PM

Yay! Happy Birthday to you Monk!

Happy Birthday a bit belated to E!

Monkey, I'm still trying to lure you over here...I'll get a bottle of something red and made of grapes if you give me a heads up!

I don't wanna know how young you are turning cuz I'm getting up there so spare me.

Okay all, I am in need of saturday sitter...every saturday from 12:40 until 3:20. Have dance class. I would prefer a younger person who wants to babysit for all the right reason. I will pick up and drop off and provide lunch.

Okay, gotta go...good day!

Oh, wait...yes, GATHERING MPLS!
#7 of 49 Old 07-19-2003, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by browneyedgirl
Yay! Happy Birthday to you Monk!

Okay all, I am in need of saturday sitter...every saturday from 12:40 until 3:20. Have dance class and had to bail today...no sitter. I'm major bummin' as I've been looking forward to it all week. It is quite important to me. I would prefer a younger person who wants to babysit for all the right reasons as I can only pay about ten bucks...will pick up and drop off and provide lunch. But if there are any mamas who wouldn't mind doin' it after sg, I'd do cartwheels. My Blue will likely nap through half of this time and every other week it will be just Blue. Ideas?

Okay, gotta go...good day!

Oh, wait...yes, GATHERING MPLS! :bf
Jess, I can prolly be a back-up sitter.

G - Happy Day to you!

Gotta
#8 of 49 Old 07-19-2003, 06:17 PM

Hey mommas! Happy Soverday! Had a wonderful time this morning at KJ's momma and baby blessing; it was nice to spend a morning with such a great group of women. Missed those of you who could not attend. I am in a crappy mood now though, as our phone is screwed up yet *again*. This will be the fifth time in the past year or so that we have to pay to have a technician out. Qwest sucks, truly. I have no dial tone on my phone and they won't make it out here 'til tomorrow afternoon...who knows whether or not they will actually *fix* whatever the problem is then. Geesh.

Monkeymomma~HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SPRYTE"S E. AND H.!!!

Brown~ So sorry you missed your dance class! I know how much you wanted to be there! I could check with my nieces and see if any of them would be available...only thing is it seems like they are always busy on Saturdays. Oh, will try and call you on my cell a little later on-- hate being on the thing too much as you know.:

Battymom~ That pool sounds like fun! Would love to try and come some evening!

SaraMama~ Camping sounds like fun, too, only I think Sonny is gone in Michigan that week...?: Don't know if I'd want to go it alone or not...

Cattrane~ I have missed your posts! Sounds like you all had a great time! Did you by chance see my post before about us heading to Quebec in October?? You being the animal expert and lover that you are, thought I'd bug ya again and see if you'd be interested in hanging out over here with our beasties.

Hafta run now and go wash Nygel's diapers. Such fun.

#9 of 49 Old 07-19-2003, 08:18 PM

Brown, I called you with contact info of a great sitter. You will love her.

Happy Birthday MM!!

This morning was lovely. Thank you so much to Ann, Kelley, Katie, MamaV, Autumn E., Autumn R., Mommajuicer, Jessikate, DoulaSarah, Smeta, I am so sorry it did not work out for you last minute Scribbler, elaine, Hugosmama, Devi and Littlecurvie but we felt your presence!! And missed the rest of you but there was still oodles of love, I feel so blessed and touched. I thank you sweet ladies who filled my soul to the brim today.
#10 of 49 Old 07-19-2003, 10:47 PM

happy celebrations to the birthers and birthdays etc..

finally I was free to attend a gathering (kaje's blessing) and my munchkin was ill last night. lots of vomitting. so we stayed home
glad to hear it went down without a hitch. (or any ankle twisting)

oh and on that note....when I was preggers, I would twist my ankle simply by taking a step.

I wanted to get clarity on the mamagathering thing..
from what I understand, there was a Mama Gathering #1 a couple years ago, in Portland. Then this year was #2. Put on by totally different people. So, I think that we could have it here, we just need to do it. Like literally organize it ourselves. If you build it they will come. So start thinking, what workshops do YOU want to do next year? what superstar alterna-mamas do you want to invite? I think mpls is a kick ass city to have it in, and not just cause I am here I want to help.

so today I strolled with my baby around the wedge neighborhood yard sales. (he slept ALOT) came away with a few treasures, and a stack of Mothering magazines from 1990! he he
#11 of 49 Old 07-20-2003, 12:08 PM

HAPPY (belated) bDAY MONKEY MAMA!!!!

camping - i think we're in too. i don't know why y'all picked a site where we all don't have to hike in 10 miles through bug infested woods. what? are you trying to have FUN or something!? hee hee. (really, i'm not as much of a camping snob as i pretend to be).
#12 of 49 Old 07-20-2003, 01:18 PM

Happy belated bday wishes to mm and Spryte's E!!!

my computer died yesterday. I am very sad and ANGRY! We haven't had that 'puter a year yet! it's now back at Gateway awaiting a tech guru to fix it. then dh is going on about how he never liked the computer. And I'm going well if you didn't like it 'Why the hell did you spend 900.00 on it????? Why didn't you bring it back when we could and get our money!!!!!!! His excuse was that I liked it.WTF???? I'm happy if I can check my e-mail and get to the boards. my computer needs are hardly vast and spendy. Silly dh.

I'm down with berry picking! It's close to my home! WOOHOO!!!
I might take my tribe next weekend as we can never have to many berries around here.

Has anyone made it to the circus exhibit at the Science M? It looks pretty neat, I think S would have a blast.

Ok W is destruct-o girl this morning so I must save my house!
#13 of 49 Old 07-20-2003, 01:32 PM

Checked out the group sites last night -- there are 3, #2 is on a hill! Absolutely beautiful prairie around it. #3 is by a swampy pond, so we should avoid that one!

Just to warn you all, you do have to walk UP THE HILL to get to the group site #2 from where you park (granted we did not get out of the car, but it looked pretty) so BRING YOUR WAGONS! Well, we'll bring ours, but if anyone else has one or room for one (we have 2 of them to go with our 8 strollers....) you are welcome to pack it along, I'm sure we would all appreciate it!

There are port a potties near the sites, but other wise you have to walk/drive/bike over to the "modern campsite" for the showers etc -- not far, maybe 200 yards.

Katie - bummer about your phone. to quest for you! Hope you can camp even sans your hubbie. There would be enough people there to help out with tents/kids/etc.

Looking forward to next week's Birthing/Birthday party!

Also, anyone interested in going to the big zoo some morning this week? I'm thinking 9:30 to 11:30 with a picnic lunch there? Give me jingle or email.

Off NOT to do as #2 is asleep and #1 is off with his papa and my sewing machine is SCREAMING at me to come play!
#14 of 49 Old 07-20-2003, 02:24 PM

Quote:

Has anyone made it to the circus exhibit at the Science M? It looks pretty neat, I think S would have a blast.
I've been and my dd (2) loved it. It looked like there was stuff for older kids too. There is a whole area with dress up clothes and play things, then 2 tight ropes. One of them is in the front and hight up. They strap you into this harness; there seemed to be a long line for that one. The other is only about 3 inches off the ground and my dd walked on it about 15 times. She actually stood in line to do it.

Rebecca

R~mama to 3

#15 of 49 Old 07-20-2003, 03:32 PM

hey mamas~

i hope everyone had a great soverday! i had to settle for powdered coffee at emil's (evil mother in law) with the entire inlaw clan. somehow not the same lol.

kd...that sucks about your phone. i didn't care much for qwest either.

catt...i'll do some investigating and see if my dad went on any 'business trips' 8yrs after i was born lol.

snow...lol dd's packing sounds like what i go through with dh!

monk...happy happy birthday baaabyyyyyyyy!

04 gathering...the administrative board has been set. the group's head is already in discussions with this year's leader (as her team was with the portland crew). due mostly to security, the planning will be off the public boards. there will be many areas in need of volunteers, but the requests won't go out to the local mamas until the beginning of the new year.

daam...well ds' first concert was amazing!!!! at first we thought the opposite as it was much too loud even for me. he was crying and we had to take him out of the suite. our waitress saw us and asked what was wrong. turns out she had an unopened packet of earplugs!!!! of course we tipped her huuuuuggggely for the gift. ds thought it was cool to have green things sticking out of his head, loved that it was much less loud, and rocked with the best of them till the wee hours of the night! he is still wearing his very first concert tshirt.
i must say that i've been to some awesome shows, but the dixie chicks rock like no other! snow you would have died at the staging and lighting....f'ing incredible! i could go on and on but i will spare you.
needless to say i'm so tired, and also tired, feeling a bit tired too.
and for those who haven't been able to sleep with not knowing... yes i found an outfit. got me some sexy low-waisted jeans, black tanktop with 'outlaw' in red glitter, and omm i wore platform wedge heels! such a tramp am i.

~peace and love, moonie loonie

mama to ds1(2-6-98) & ds2(7-28-09)
#16 of 49 Old 07-20-2003, 05:20 PM

...and for those who haven't been able to sleep with not knowing...yes i found an outfit.
#17 of 49 Old 07-20-2003, 06:19 PM

that sounds like a blast moongloe!! you hot mama you! ds cannot stop talking about b and how cool b is - what the heck is going on?? maybe m is telepathically telling ds how cool b is? i dunno.... anyhow ds has put on cat makeup twice and taken pictures for b and m both. he was kinda peeved i showed you guys the picture i did, he didn't look "cool" (i told him neither did i but that wasn't a good answer).

and with your description i highly doubt browneyed is sleeping at the moment... so "nap" is what you call it huh...

that exhibit at the science museum sounds great! i saw an ad today for a rooftop thing at the children's museum, also, with treehouses and such! ds has boycotted the children's museum since he discovered huge ants that wanted to eat him when he was 2 (he was really freaked out, i felt so mean! "come in here, you can be an ant in the tunnel! oh no!!!!!!! it's ok!!!!!! they're just plastic!!!!!!!")

i want to go camping again (always) but am working that weekend as usual, and don't want to steal the car again...especially since the check engine light is on LOL ...should try to get that checked tomorrow...with dh's credit card....

i forgot if i already bitched about this, but my hospital director forgot to put in vacation pay for me, so my check was hundreds of dollars short... punk.

willowsmama i hear you! i still haven't gotten my computer fixed properly...it won't accept a new hard drive, and i just can't justify the money it would cost to fix it up right.... although my hand-me-down i'm using is incredibly frustrating (slow, can't print, too old for my dsl modem that i have to pay for anyway and too old for my digi pics) it is free.
#18 of 49 Old 07-20-2003, 07:20 PM

Hey ladies! I hope that everyone is doing great!

MM- Happy Belated Birthday to you!!

Elaine- I hope that your babe is feeling better.

Dnr- I hope to see you at the Collective this week. We are all getting together ahead of time if you are interested?! Other mama's from the group are going...which I think that you already know!

I wish that we could go camping with you all. We haven't been camping in three years! And we have a brand new tent. Mamar says that we can go with her in September in the off chance that she has her babe early! But if she is serious, we will be there!

KJ- I had a wonderful time at you blessingway. It is nice to have so many wonderful women that care about you. There is something about getting a group of women together, everyone has to cry at least once. The food was wonderful. The company even better. I know that you are going to have a great birth.

OK, we are off to go swimming!

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#19 of 49 Old 07-20-2003, 07:31 PM

So maybe you can go camping and deliver that babe in the woods. Tee hee. Just had to say that.

I have a couple extra science museum tickets to whoever yells the fastest or loudest.

Got this note from my aunt and wanted to share a bit with you lovely ladies. And as Jessikate and I talked about since yesterday, I don't have bad memories of nuns only sweet ones.

Quote:
Kathy Honey, there is no way I can tell you how inspired I was at the beautiful morning for you and your baby! such a room full of loving women, so completely at one with one another - so much love, support and comfort! And there were so many - there must have been 25 or more. I loved holding the tiny babies - so fresh from heaven. I felt very blessed just to be a part of such a group. It was a sacred experience - It was so sweet that someone rubbed your feet, someone else, your hands during the sharing. You were precious - so appreciative and making us laugh. I would not be able to single out any one woman in particular who impressed me most, since every single one was so open in giving you all the support they possibly could. I so enjoyed Ann's mother, we will get together. I so enjoyed the sharing. I didn't think I would cry - I don't know why I did - I guess whenever I talk about Sr. Margaret Mary I want to cry. How are you so fortunate to have such a large group of loving friends? I know it is because you are such a true friend to so many. All the gifts to take with you to the hospital were so meaningful, because they came from the heart, I could tell. I thought the "parade of flowers" for you was delightful! I loved the way someone brought out that our ancesters were truly there, too. I felt my mother's and grandmother's presence. Without them, where would we be? I don't think of them often enough. Love and hugs to Jerry and Charlie - Sr. Francelle
edited to add that I was a quite bummed friday that my friend Theresa who was going to do the ritual yesterday called me to tell me she could not because she and her two children have whooping cough and are quarantined for 8 weeks. She was also going to do a torso body casting/ritual with Jerry and I today and is now unable to do that. So I am wondering if any of you have a good referral for me of someone that could do that with us. We really want the ritual part and I already have the kit. Thanks all.

one more thing littlecurvies grampa is really ill, sounds like he is at the end of his life's journey. She cancelled yesterday due to needing to leave town to see him.

and maria told me that her boyfriend is taking her to the mexican riveria, near cancun. she has not been to mexico since she was 12 years old when she visited her dad's sister. She always wanted to see the mayan ruins.

daam......used that wonderful shower gel tonite Autumn. thank you!
#20 of 49 Old 07-21-2003, 10:36 AM

Hey KJ! Am I yelling fast enough and loud enough?? Would love the tickets if you still have 'em. And what a sweet note from your aunt!

#21 of 49 Old 07-21-2003, 12:32 PM

hey mamas~

brown...lol glad i could help you get that much needed sleep.

catt...that bites about your vacation pay!!!!! will it be on the next check? rofl at ds not thinking his picture was cool enough.

where is everyone?

~peace and love, moon

#22 of 49 Old 07-21-2003, 06:11 PM

This weather is awesome! I love it!! The kids and I have been playing outside and discovered that a *HUGE* spider (no exaggeration, this thing resembles some kind of tarantula! ) is making a web right on the rope that holds their funride. We sat and watched the spider spinning its web, and it was actually very cool (this from someone who hates creepy crawlies). It even caught another bug in its web as the kids watched. Guess we will leave it there 'til it decides to find another place to hang out.

On a totally different note: Lobo decided to chew up a big hunk of our kitchen floor last night! Somehow his bones always keep disappearing (one of the dogs always ends up taking them outside) so I guess he found the next best thing. I was pretty bummed out at first, but have since decided that this kitchen floor of ours can go and we can put something new in its place. Now I am excited to go pick out new tiles.

Enough about me...

Moon~ Sounds like you all had a great time at the concert! You must have been looking pretty hot there, too!

Littlecurvie~ I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa! Love and hugs to you and your family!

Cattrane~ Let me know if you ever want to meet up at the MCM! That new exhibit sounds like fun!

Okay, off to pay the bills...

#23 of 49 Old 07-21-2003, 11:33 PM

Curvie -- I'm sorry about your grandpa

KJ -- your blessingway was amazing. I know I told you this before, but I'll say it again - you are surrounded by so many wonderful loving people. You truly are blessed. This baby will be so lucky to have all these great people to love.

Smeta & KDMW -- it was so nice to meet you! I hope I can get to know you and your kids better.

Elaine -- I hope J is feeling better. Puking babies are one thing that just makes me cry.

A beautiful day today, and we had our a/c on most of the day. At least we've got the windows opened up now.

Hope everyone has a lovely week... I'm (again) going to try to make more of an effort to stay offline this week. I've got a stack of books to read, and several knitting projects in my head. Hope I can get my butt in gear. I can always use more wool socks for winter, and I have some great orange yarn to make a sweater for G for fall/winter.

Oh, dear. DH just came up from the basement with 3 pints of beer. Finishing off the keg, he says. But it's only 3:2 beer and I haven't had any yet today. : I like to hassle him about his beer consumption, but it doesn't really bug me too much. Just him sitting between me and the open window with a glass of beer. I don't care for the fumes.
#24 of 49 Old 07-22-2003, 12:23 PM

hey girlies~

in a hurry to get my day going...

curvie?...what happened?

kd...i'm sorry about your floor, but what a great opportunity to put in mexican tiles or something!

crap...gotta go.
~peace and love, moon

#25 of 49 Old 07-22-2003, 12:27 PM

Quote:
one more thing littlecurvies grampa is really ill, sounds like he is at the end of his life's journey. She cancelled yesterday due to needing to leave town to see him.
fyi......moongloe, i posted about curvies grampa above.
#26 of 49 Old 07-22-2003, 09:51 PM

gbs was negative, had a non stress again yesterday and had blood work done too, all was fine, having an ultra sound again on friday to make sure placenta and fluid looks okay still. it has been a pain feeling like a ping pong ball but I know high blood pressure makes them be extra careful so I am on a two tests and two prenatals a week till this baby comes.

Meanwhile I am to relax and I appreciate all the help I have received with Charlie, cleaning and meals but I am a wreck. DH is still remodeling with every minute he has. Charlie needs his attention. I need him to focus with us and I am feeling very sad and hurt about this. It is nearly 8 p.m. and we have not had dinner, he has not showered and I am hearing staple guns in my ears behind me. It will be great and beautiful but baby is due a teeny bit more than two weeks. Send me positive vibes cuz I am feeling sorry for myself at the moment.

And dh just had our mommy's helper take Charlie in the burley for a bike ride. I freak when dh goes with him. I don't trust myself. I am freaking out. They have been gone for at least 30 minutes. I just asked dh, where did they go and he said, I don't know, I told her to take him for a ride. Okay we live in Uptown and this sweet little 14 year old has my precious babe in the back of the burley. And then I come back to the computer and have an email that my other mommies helper broke her arm riding her bike. Okay I have no stress right now. My blood pressure is great. Calm, serene thoughts. Help I think I need a valium, come home Corrine and Charlie.

Yes Katie you can have tickets. I have free parking vouchers too.

Jessikate you are so sweet and what you said about butterflies was so special. Elaine, I am glad Jasper is better. You crack me up.

Does anyone want to bring nostrow a meal?

Edited to ask.....Genial Tornado, what is up with this? Autumn, Jessikate, Katie, fess up. At first I thought it said genital.
#27 of 49 Old 07-22-2003, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

popping in here REALLY quickly...

so poor DS--we discovered his bike was taken from our side yard. we discovered it WHEN we went out to irde bikes in the street. very heartbroken, s-a-d boy here...

angela--sending love, comfort and strength your way! share it with your family!!

jess--i can help out some Sats too. do you need anything the first weekend in August? lemme know.

perhaps some of ya'll would be up for a little beach picnic NEXT tues? right now i do have tentative plans, but they were made when i thought i had too work my usual hours. but then found out i can leave early Tues (noonish) if i can work late Wed...i will post directions to the place on the other site or in an email, for anyone else who is interested.

keep my coworker in your thoughts. she has been spotting yesterdy and today...20+wks preggo with twins. tomorrow is her day off, so hopefully with leaving early today and having off tomorrow, some rest will work wonders.

ok, off to bed...
#28 of 49 Old 07-23-2003, 12:08 AM

Batty - that stinks about your son's bike. I can't believe someone would be so cruel as to take a child's bicycle.

KJ - Genial. I am at the idea of "Genital Tornado". Oh, had I had the presence of mind (and no unhappy baby in my arms) when you called, I would have said that your DH is nesting. Yes, he said he'd be done two weeks ago, but I would guess that he's channelling his stress and worry about the baby and birth (and yes, your health & blood pressure as well) into the remodeling project. How much longer is he thinking it's going to take him?

DAAM -- major freakout tonight. Combination of overtired, one vax, and possible teething, I guess. At least she's stopped sobbing now, after an hour of sleep.

Also, one of the cats caught a fly and brought it to me. Dropped it at my feet and it flew away. Poor little guy looked heartbroken. I just can't believe it was still alive after being carried around in his mouth... not exactly a soft mouth on that one. As much as I complain, I my
#29 of 49 Old 07-23-2003, 01:31 AM

Oh Batty woman...so sorry for A. That is a big bummer for any kid. Will you be able to get him another?

Batty and Saramama, thank you for the saturday offers. I am trying to find someone regular...to make it feel like not such a big struggle every week, but eventually be just the nature of things come saturday. I will likely need to call upon you in the mean time and appreciate your offers so much! I will be back in touch about availability and details.

Moon~ Just woke up from my nap. *yawn* LOL

DAAM~ I have a tooth ache. With all the action in my life the past year, I forgot to follow up with the dentist last *september* who wanted to do a filling. I don't even have over the counter ibuprofen...this is no time to be a natural mama.

Off to see if my "neighbor lady" has some brandy...
#30 of 49 Old 07-23-2003, 10:35 AM

Woo Hoo! I got my 'puter back!

Batty- Aww, I'm sorry. I can't believe that someone is rotten enough to steal a child's bike. I'd offer you the extra one we have but it's now a Little Mermaid/Barbie hybrid.lol I'm heading to a couple thrift stores today...I'll see if I find anything.

Curvie- I hope things with your grandpa are better. Should his journey be at an end, I wish him peace and blessings for the start of his 2 journey.

Jessikate- Having fun with the DDDDC's!

Kaje- I have to second what Jessikate said. Jerry is prolly scared/ stressed about the babe and your house is reaping the benefits of engery to burn.Have you tried talking to him? Do you guys have a birth plan in place......one that you both agree with?
And occasionally mama, you must just remove your hubby for his work, walk up to him ans say 'Charlie and I would like to spend sometime with you now. Please put away your tools and join us.'
Phrased nicely, most of the time he can't argue. When Brent's busy being taken advantage of by his brother, i have walked in BIL's house and said'it's time to come home now. You've been here for 9 hours, and Willow & I would like sometime with you.'
No complaints DH just thanked me for not getting upset and said his goodbyes. BIL started in but DH made his postition very clear, I am his wife, the girls are his children we have first dibs on his time.

Elaine- Hope j is doing better!

Ok, I've got a ton of stuff to get done..... I should start with rescueing the laundry that's been on the line for 3 days. however, I'm confident now that it is dry.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page