Safely Finding a Sitter - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-07-2007, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So i live in the NEK with no family around and i'm relatively new to the area... how do i go about finding childcare for a few hours a week while i go back to work very part time? I'm not interested in daycare centers, i'd really like someone to come to our house. I don't want to put an ad in the paper, it just feels too scary.

Anyone know of a safe way to find someone? Recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2007, 12:49 PM

I dont live up by you, but I had success with looking at homeschooling groups for teens who are interested in working. I have been here 3 1/2 years and never had a babysitter which has been hard at times, but i didnt trust ANYONE. Finally, last week through the homeschooling group in my area, I found a trustworthy teenager. Ive seen her here and there for the past 3 years and I know her mom. She is wonderful and very good with the kids. Too bad I dont live up north more or I'd recommend her. I tend to be biased towards homeschoolers since all of the homeschooled teens I know have always been wonderful. Good luck!

Mamma to my four wonderful, amazing and unique children~~Wife to my true soulmate who sees things the way I do, together we are truly a team!
Old 10-07-2007, 04:59 PM

Check out www.vermontnannyconnection.com. You have to pay a fee, but they are great with matching you with someone and providing a contract. Good luck!

Jen:, mommy to Angel: 2/12/06, proud wife: to Patrick 5/13/02, hoping for one on the way someday soon!

User Tag List