Cloth Diapering Service? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-08-2007, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello again!

Okay, sorry I if I sound like a pest on this cloth diaper issue, but does anyone use a cloth diapering service in the Chicagoland area? Can anyone make any recommendations?

I was talking to my MIL about it and she said she thought you had to use the diapering service's diapers if you wanted to go with a service..... is this still the case? She used cloth diapers in the past and things certainly could have changed... if she's right and that's the case with a service, I should hold off buying a whole stash is what I'm thinking.....

wondering what other mama's experiences are.....

Thanks in advance!!

Nantucket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-08-2007, 01:54 PM
acp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As far as I know, the only diaper service in Chicago is Bottoms Up.
I haven't used them, so I can't give you any feedback. I do think you have to use their diapers, though. We chose not to use them both because I wanted more flexibility on the kind of diapers I use (I have to admit, I love pockets and fitteds more than prefolds, and I think they just use prefolds and covers), and I also don't like the fact that they do SO many washes/rinses and, from what I've heard, use a lot of chemicals to clean the diapers. Plus I wasn't crazy about the idea of having dirty diapers in my house for a week.
That said, I know some people love diaper services, and if you don't have a washer/dryer in your home, I think it's pretty much the only way to go if you want to CD. If you do have access to a washer/dryer, though, I can tell you that I've found washing our own to be really easy, and I love all the different types of dipes we have in our stash (I know prefolds would be cheaper, but DD is SUCH a heavy wetter and explosive pooper, and pockets and fitteds were definitely an easier way for both DH and me to get into cloth diapering).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page