Found Non-Vax friendly doc in St. Charles MO. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-09-2007, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so jazzed. After months of searching I found a practice that accepts medicaid and is willing to take non vaxing patients.
This practice. We are using this doc. But both the other FP docs were recommended to us too. The office staff is very nice and helpful and not one single person gave us any trouble about not vaxing. As soon as I said we weren't doing it they just said OK and that was it.

*Updated in post 7*

senior majikfaerie cult member
#2 of 7 Old 10-09-2007, 10:57 PM

Thats awesome! Thanks for posting this info
#3 of 7 Old 10-11-2007, 04:04 PM

Hey, I think I know one of the other drs in that practice! Too cool! I'd always assumed he was pro-vax, so I'd never considered going there.

(BTW, I always assume ALL drs around here are pro-vax, so it's not like he ever said anything that made me think one way or the other.)
#4 of 7 Old 10-11-2007, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Gwen View Post
Hey, I think I know one of the other drs in that practice! Too cool! I'd always assumed he was pro-vax, so I'd never considered going there.

(BTW, I always assume ALL drs around here are pro-vax, so it's not like he ever said anything that made me think one way or the other.)
I was told the other 2 docs are at least selective vax friendly. The person who referred me didn't know how they were about NO vaxes. But considering the response from the staff, I'd say it's a safe bet they are too.

#5 of 7 Old 11-07-2007, 03:15 PM

GREAT!

You should post him on Dr Sears new blog .

Its going to be a wonderful resource for these type of non vacc friendly docs!

Thanks
#6 of 7 Old 02-05-2008, 03:39 PM

We went to her this morning for my 12yo's well child visit. Very nice. She outlined the 4 vaxes they recommend at this age, and we discussed them briefly.

We ended up getting the booster for pertussis/tetanus/dipth., mostly because I knew pertussis is going around some of the area schools and my kids are on dance teams with kids who go to those schools, so are literally hand-in-hand with them for hours at a time. (Hazelwood and Parkway, in case you wondered; it was in Rockwood last year. She said they hadn't seen any cases at their office at all this year.) I didn't feel pressured, but I did feel a bit like she was assuming we wanted the vax since I said I was concerned about it. I wonder how she would've reacted if I'd said, "Yes, I'm worried, but I don't want it." OTOH, she pretty much assumed we didn't want HPV, but mentioned it anyway to make sure we were informed.

She seemed more taken aback by the homeschooling thing then the selective vax. I mentioned that my other daughter has never had any vaxes whatsoever, and she didn't even blink. But she did have questions about whether dd had a chance to hang around other kids and socialize.

Overall, we liked her and the office.

I told her that I'd heard about her online. She thought that was pretty funny.
#7 of 7 Old 03-06-2008, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

We just got back from a check up. While I was there I asked how she feels about circ. She said that as a resident she had performed them but now that she's in private practice she does not. She did say that she would probably have her own child/ren circ. She did also say that the research is inconclusive some studies say there is less infection, others say the opposite. And then she shrugged.

But she didn't not seem firmly in one camp or the other. And she's young and doesn't have kids yet. I find her to be open and willing to consider different ideas. I think at the very least, there may be an opportunity to further educate.
I can't say too much more, because I wasn't real sure what things specifically to ask about. I have girls, this isn't an issue I have to deal with.

Oh and as the doc was leaving the room she said "It's nice when they don't get shots, isn't it?"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page