Mothering Forum banner

Invisible Posters and Thread Killers

810 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  User101 
#1 ·
Hi there! After discussing it with those much more tech-savvy than I, it has been decided that your old thread will not be reopened. I can imagine this is very disappointing, but this is the way it has to be. The thread will remain on the boards here, but will be locked. You will still be able to read and reference it, but will not be able to post on it.

The sheer massiveness of the thread was the problem. To avoid this in the future, you may want to consider going to a monthly format. This is nothing we are going to force on you; however, know that if the thread reaches mammoth proportions again, we may end up with a repeat of today's events.

Finally, when you start your new thread, I am asking you to keep the UA in mind. Do not post about moderator actions. Do not post to complain that the old thread was closed. This is all part of our User Agreement, which you agreed to abide by when you became a member:

Quote:
Do not post to debate or challenge the MDC User Agreement, the moderators, administrators, or their actions. Constructive criticism and questions for purposes of clarification are best addressed directly to the moderator or administrator by private message or personal e-mail. If this is not successful, see Recourse.
If you have questions or concerns, you can either PM a moderator or administrator, or post a question in the Q and S forum. Because this has been a huge issue already, please know that any violations of this rule will result in a moderator alert and possibly an admin warning, which could affect your posting privileges here on MDC.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello,

The thread is causing some technical problems. I can barely get it loaded without a database error.

We will probably have Cynthia take a look at it to get an idea of what might be going on with the tech aspects but really the software is just probably not designed to have nearly 100k threads, that's why there are forums.

I did let the mods know they can close threads once they get huge and have people start new ones. That might just be what will have to be done while this issue is figured out. I am sorry if this upsets people, but there is really nothing else that can be done until it can be resolved.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.